The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What's a few crooked lines between friends anyway? It probably cost them an arm and a leg to have it done that way.

Anyway, we're all still missing the point. The page loads up, there's pics of planes to see. There are nice pics of seats and how i can cook the books or whatever. Sure, I can't quite manage bookings, buy tickets and all properly but those are inconsequential and really not important in the airline business. SQ has this site done to perfection with the lovely photographs, and that's what truly counts.
    a

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      If only that were true. Alas, this is what the login page for their most important customers looks like...

These crooked lines and floating buttons are everywhere. Booking pages, login pages, e-mail confirmations, etc.

Comment

• I got an email and sms yesterday telling me I can check in online for my flight. I go to online check in and it says cannot.

So I ring up customer service and they said as I had used points to upgrade that I was not eligible to check in. I then advised that I have checked in online in the past when I have had upgraded using points.

He then went on to say that it is a system limitation that causes this. I asked him if this was related to the buggy website, and he then clarified and said it's a temporary system limitation which they hope to rectify this week.

The guy did a good job to try and avoid the website issue, took a few questions from me for him to concede that it was a known error.

Comment

• It's been awhile already, that bug... had it 6 weeks ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            It's been awhile already, that bug... had it 6 weeks ago
            Man, if you lazy alpha testers don't report it here, how the h*ll are they supposed to know about it and fix the problem?!

Comment

• Just tried to price up a trip...

Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.

You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines Office should you require urgent assistance.

Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
              Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Yep and again. The apps and SQ/MI websites are both down, again. I feel like the over the past 72 hours the website has been down more often than up.
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Bah, tried to pay for a Silkair economy award flight and it kept throwing a popup saying BTC is not available for this flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Just tried to price up a trip...
                    And after five attempts I gave up and booked on CX instead. They won't miss my US$ 3200 I am sure but if there are many others like me who also gave up and booked elsewhere it will start to add up.

Comment

And after five attempts I gave up and booked on CX instead. They won't miss my US$ 3200 I am sure but if there are many others like me who also gave up and booked elsewhere it will start to add up.
                      If you can be bothered drop them a feedback and snap a screenshot of your CX booking saying "this would have been on SQ" if ... It may not make a difference, but some people may be interested. Booking CX is probably the worst outcome for SQ as there is no love at all btw. the two.

Comment

You are more patient than me. I give them one attempt after than I move on. As a result I havn't flown SQ since they brought in the new website.

Though I think I might just have found a site even worse than SQ's. I just tried to book a flight on Asiana's website and had to give up. I had to download about 5 add ons to get the site to work and even then it absolutely refused to admit the flight I wanted actually existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          You are more patient than me. I give them one attempt after than I move on. As a result I havn't flown SQ since they brought in the new website.

Though I think I might just have found a site even worse than SQ's. I just tried to book a flight on Asiana's website and had to give up. I had to download about 5 add ons to get the site to work and even then it absolutely refused to admit the flight I wanted actually existed.
                          Yeah Asiana's is not that great, especially since it has been designed for Explorer, and it tells you that. It is slow on Firefox and Safari, and the pull down menus for locations takes a long time to load!

Comment

• Oh, by the way SQ, THIS is how you update a website.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/

Comment

• Noticed a typo on the website, sent a message about it. No reply no nothing but i have noticed the typo has has been fixed. A thank you would have been nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                Oh, by the way SQ, THIS is how you update a website.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/
                                It IS indeed! Much snappier, and looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X