X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    If I had my way, we'd have paper tickets again
    Ooh, I am rather nostalgic for those paper tickets with the colorful flaps

This website fiasco has gone on for a while now and it makes me think did some people just make some horrendous mistakes in designing the new site or?

I still book fairly uncomplicated, tried and proven itineraries on SQ albeit without being able to select my own seat in the front cabin every now and then, but knowing that the site still poses challenges has made me wary about booking one of my premium transoceanic routes on SQ. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of having to do all the double work of calling the hotline to solve any problems resulting from the web booking
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Well, things certainly seem to be going from bad to worse don't they. Indeed it is impossible to understand how SQ can allow this situation to continue endlessly with seemingly no improvements.

I too have the problem where I am unable to retrieve any bookings that contain a ticketed portion from another airline, including *A carriers.

I too have the problem to make a simple redemption booking. I am always refered to contact my local Singapore Airlines office, which is not really what I wanted to do.

I too am irritated by the design flaws on the Mac.

I still hate and loathe the home screen.

*Sigh*. It's now really too much that I have started shifting business to British Airways. At least that way I will rack up status there. I have enough reserve value to get me through the next few years of conitnuing my Solitaire without taking another SQ flight. In any case it seems that any status on SQ is really not worth anything anyway - apart from some vouchers to buy seriously overpriced, unimaginative stuff from the Krisshop.

OK, back to work ...

Cheers

Comment

• Came across this on JobsDB.com

Okay, this is an assumption but I can't think of any other "very prestigious airlines" here that would be hiring 50 call center agents.

But I guess that's what you need to do what you created a shoddy site that doesn't work most of the time.

Comment

• Go to News and Announcements after you logged on and clicked on "PPS Club / KrisFlyer".

There's a post on the 4th October "Improvements to Navigation on Krisflyer.com". The whole website changes to the Chinese version once you click to see the details of that post.

The sheer irony of it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Quattro View Post
            Go to News and Announcements after you logged on and clicked on "PPS Club / KrisFlyer".

There's a post on the 4th October "Improvements to Navigation on Krisflyer.com". The whole website changes to the Chinese version once you click to see the details of that post.

The sheer irony of it....
            I saw the same!
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• There are currently two of us on a BKK-SIN-MEL/SYD-SIN-BKK booking. Just went on to book seats for our SYD-SIN on Sunday, which had just changed over the phone as we couldn't do it on the website, and got :

Specific seat selection is not available for bookings made through travel agents, ticket offices and call centres. Paid preferred seat selection is offered for such bookings but all paid preferred seats for this flight are occupied. You may request for your seat preference (window, aisle or middle) via the drop down list below. Alternatively, you may contact your travel agent or your nearest Singapore Airlines office for specific seat request or other seat preferences.
              I booked it on singaporeair.com FFS, and there are seats available as shown on the seatmap.

Comment

• Two of us on an LHR-SIN-LHR booking, preferred seats arranged at time of booking for 31B/C. Went in today to select some meals to find we're shown in different rows on the return flight. I'm in 31C, my partner 44B. All seats apparently full so no opportunity to change.

Checkmytrip still shows 31B/C as originally booked - which of the two is likely to reflect reality? I'm of the opinion that the seat map is borked and calling the call centre will likely make things worse in light of MAN Flyer's post above. The error is on the return leg, so in theory could I sort this in person at LHR outbound?

Forgot to say - this was very much a toe back in the water after some good experiences elsewhere... not looking great so far :-(
                Last edited by mr_botak; 5 October 2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• And in a new twist it turns out it is correctly shown on the mobile site. F*** it we'll see what happens at check in!

SQ - This shouldn't be the way we're starting our trip - it's the little things that matter and stick in the mind.

Comment

• Thats not so bad. Two months back my daughter and son both travelled from SIN to LAX with exactly same seat # assigned. It seem SQ try to maximum their profit by assigning 1 seat to 2 persons.

Comment

• Trying to print out my flight ticket from the website.
                      That is what I got. Anyone had experience such long flight before?

SQ026 Singapore Airlines FIRST
                      Singapore (SIN)T3
                      New York (JFK)
                      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:55
                      Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:00
                      CONFIRMED

SQ025 Singapore Airlines FIRST
                      New York (JFK)T4
                      Singapore (SIN)
                      Sat, 05 May 2012 21:25
                      Mon, 29 Oct 2012 06:50
                      CONFIRMED

https://www.dropbox.com/s/po8vj8diw3...-itinerary.png

Comment

• Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                        Trying to print out my flight ticket from the website.
                        That is what I got. Anyone had experience such long flight before?

SQ026 Singapore Airlines FIRST
                        Singapore (SIN)T3
                        New York (JFK)
                        Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:55
                        Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:00
                        CONFIRMED

SQ025 Singapore Airlines FIRST
                        New York (JFK)T4
                        Singapore (SIN)
                        Sat, 05 May 2012 21:25
                        Mon, 29 Oct 2012 06:50
                        CONFIRMED

https://www.dropbox.com/s/po8vj8diw3...-itinerary.png

wow! a flight of 5-6 months duration in F! shiok!

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                          Thats not so bad. Two months back my daughter and son both travelled from SIN to LAX with exactly same seat # assigned. It seem SQ try to maximum their profit by assigning 1 seat to 2 persons.
                          At least they learned their lesson Last year, I and my friend were each assigned 2 seats in J Class, resulting in lose of 2 seats' revenue by SQ
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
                            wow! a flight of 5-6 months duration in F! shiok!
                            But I am worrying how to catch my return flight now..

Comment

• Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                              But I am worrying how to catch my return flight now..
                              tat's for SQ to think and worry abt as they had ticketed that itinerary.

wat u need to worry abt is to write us a trip report, hehe

Comment

• Just got an email :

Dear Mr Xx

"Fabulous Destinations Travel Fair @ Senayan City"

Blabla.. and

Comment

Working...
                                X