The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup. That's what happened to me.

Everything done. Before final click, timed out!

Booking was showing on my account but had not paid.

So no email confirmation of booking.

Otherwise free flight!

Comment

• As much as the technical issues are crap and remain unsolved, I find the total disregard for basic design details to be just as galling.

These absurdly mis-rendered buttons have been appearing in Mac OS and iOS Safari since the very beginning...

Mac OS Safari:

iOS Safari:

How screwed up a management do you have to be to not care, or worse, not even have a clue???

1 YEAR, 5 MONTHS, AND COUNTING, PEOPLE...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        Booking was showing on my account but had not paid.

So no email confirmation of booking.

Otherwise free flight!
        Careful - this system is quite fond of auto-cancelling my reservations without ticket numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          As much as the technical issues are crap and remain unsolved, I find the total disregard for basic design details to be just as galling.

These absurdly mis-rendered buttons have been appearing in Mac OS and iOS Safari since the very beginning...

Mac OS Safari:

iOS Safari:

How screwed up a management do you have to be to not care, or worse, not even have a clue???

1 YEAR, 5 MONTHS, AND COUNTING, PEOPLE...
          Haha, yeah those buttons have been annoying me for ages, I'm on a mac too, dunno how they can't even get the images right.

I love on their facebook page, whenever someone complains about the site, SQ responds and asks the user to specfiy what the actual problem is, as though they need them to be specific! haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozdude View Post
            Haha, yeah those buttons have been annoying me for ages, I'm on a mac too, dunno how they can't even get the images right.
            It's as if the entire company is living in the dark ages when Apple browsers were 0.02% of Internet traffic...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              It's as if the entire company is living in the dark ages when Apple browsers were 0.02% of Internet traffic...
              I've got the misaligned buttons showing on my Dell laptop. The situation is shambolic.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• In a new destruction of functionality, the web site no longer allows one to see or manage ticketed bookings that contain non-SQ flights. This means you cannot see your tickets, cannot book seats, meals, upgrades, or actually do anything.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

"We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with."

Unless you are booking an itinerary that has just a direct SQ flight, you are locked out of the system.

Comment

• A new low!

Comment

• Originally posted by whanafi View Post
                    In a new destruction of functionality, the web site no longer allows one to see or manage ticketed bookings that contain non-SQ flights. This means you cannot see your tickets, cannot book seats, meals, upgrades, or actually do anything.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

"We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with."

Unless you are booking an itinerary that has just a direct SQ flight, you are locked out of the system.

I have that as well.

If they can't retreive it, or do anything with it...... don't show it. False hope to show it then kick you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                      I have that as well.

If they can't retreive it, or do anything with it...... don't show it. False hope to show it then kick you out.
                      It is not just false hope. There is no other business purpose to the online web site than to buy and manage tickets. SQ have spent a year making it nearly impossible to buy a ticket, and now they have trumped that by actually making it impossible to manage a ticket once purchased.

A clever way to make Krisflyer points useless for upgrades as well.

The irony is that I can actually see my booking on checkmytrip.com but not on SQ.

FAIL

Comment

• Originally posted by whanafi View Post
                        In a new destruction of functionality, the web site no longer allows one to see or manage ticketed bookings that contain non-SQ flights. This means you cannot see your tickets, cannot book seats, meals, upgrades, or actually do anything.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

I can't even retrieve my MI award booking

Comment

• You can't even log on to the bloody thing now, you get:

This document you requested has moved temporarily.

It's now at http://www.singaporeair.com/SAA-flow...execution=e4s1.
                          If you click on that it finally loads, so I put the info in enquiring about a flight and got:

Sorry, we are unable to process your request, please try again later or contact your local Singapore Airlines office.

If they can't be arsed having a website that works, I'll not bother buying the ticket. Again.

Comment

• I'm sure this has probably been discussed in the 70+ pages here... but couldn't be bothered to look through all of it..

Basically trying to do a redeption of HKG-SIN-MLE-SIN-HKG ticket online.. use to be able to select a late flight out of HK, and then select the next day early morning flight to MLE.. Now, they only let me do a same day connection...

For the return, it wouldn't even let me select the late night MLE-SIN flight.. only shows the afternoon one.. When I check SIN-MLE-SIN, of course both flights shows up with availability...

Seriously this website is a step backwards...

Comment

• I hope (but am not hopeful ) that they will fix the Manage Booking functionality soon.

It sours one's impression about dealing with SQ. It certainly has mine.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• All of you stop complaining!

All my bookings disappeared. Call Centre couldn't see them either.

So I read them one-by-one out for them and they're now back!

Never did like these new fangled computer thingys

If I had my way, we'd have paper tickets again

Comment

Working...
                                X