No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd always found their mobile apps to be faster and easier to use than their website. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to change my mind. Apparently, there's a software update on the App and I was dumb enough to download it. After that, the mobile app has become excruciatingly slow. I'm right now trying to make a seat change and every transaction has that black wheel "Please wait ..." spinning for at least 5 minutes (and counting...).

Must they screw-up every online platform available ???

Comment

• It's quite poor that they still trot out the advice to use the mobile app when their website is not functioning.

Comment

• Anyway, I waited so long (black wheel spinning ...) that I ended up having to power off my iPhone, then rebooting. This is a record of sorts because the iPhone platform is always so stable, and SIA App is the only case I encounter where I needed to reboot.

Another problem (from Day One) with the SIA App is that you can never do online checkin. The "check-in" button is supposed to display flights within 48hours of check-in time, but its never worked before. This is even though SIA has auto-sent me an email telling me a flight is available for check-in. I ended up having to key in the PNR and then sometimes it does but more often it does not, show up as being available for check-in. In this respect, the website is more stable than the mobile platform and I can usually do that online check-in.

Comment

• Couldn't OLCI on website 5 days ago... iPhone app also didn't work...

Comment

• Well here's a NEW bug, afaik.

Today, while having a browser window open on the SQ website, I got the usual "your session will expire in 3 minutes, click OK to continue" message. Well only problem is I wasn't even logged in. And now I'm continuously getting the pop-up warning dialogue every few minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Well here's a NEW bug, afaik.

Today, while having a browser window open on the SQ website, I got the usual "your session will expire in 3 minutes, click OK to continue" message. Well only problem is I wasn't even logged in. And now I'm continuously getting the pop-up warning dialogue every few minutes.
              LOL! Wonder if they will go through more "maintenance" to solve this "technical issue".

TWO years on and its STILL this bad. I'm sure not a small number of folks have their patience worn thin by this. Speaking of patience, they'll again "thank" us for it when they try to "fix" it.

Comment

• I wasn't able to amend my booking last week, despite seats and flights being available and me having paid full fare. I was advised to contact Customer Services to change my schedule.....Pfffft.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines
                  We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our website, and are working to resolve the issues as soon as possible.
                  Singapore Airlines apologises for any inconvenience caused.
                  above quote from SQ' facebook team.

I have heard there is some Amadeus problems today so maybe it's related.
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Time travel with scoot

This is not website bug, but a serious of QC problem.
                    http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en...ee_return_sale

Latest scoot promotion including travel date in the past!

Comment

• I can't retrieve a booking that's had a five minute time change. Please tell me I don't need to call KF to reissue the ticket

Comment

• Just read this interview..
                        Seriously they still do not understand what is their website issue... fundamental design issue..

"
                        Q: The revamped SIA website is a sore point with some. Are there any plans to improve it?

Over the past few months, we have heard the feedback from customers. We know that we've caused them inconvenience in terms of the efficiency and functionality of the website.

We will continue to work on improving the website because the nature of websites and IT is that you can always improve on it. I don't think it is in the same state it was a year ago. I think it has improved by leaps and bounds. "

http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/news/1...ext_level.html

Comment

• Guys, stop whining and moaning okay? The site has pretty pics and nice fonts.

Does it matter that you can't manage your booking, buy tickets or select seats properly? Sheesh, the expectations people have these days........

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Guys, stop whining and moaning okay? The site has pretty pics and nice fonts.

Does it matter that you can't manage your booking, buy tickets or select seats properly? Sheesh, the expectations people have these days........
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              The site has pretty pics and nice fonts.
                              If only that were true. Alas, this is what the login page for their most important customers looks like...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                If only that were true. Alas, this is what the login page for their most important customers looks like...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What's a few crooked lines between friends anyway? It probably cost them an arm and a leg to have it done that way.

Anyway, we're all still missing the point. The page loads up, there's pics of planes to see. There are nice pics of seats and how i can cook the books or whatever. Sure, I can't quite manage bookings, buy tickets and all properly but those are inconsequential and really not important in the airline business. SQ has this site done to perfection with the lovely photographs, and that's what truly counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X