Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Very angry!!!!

I had pre-planned a trip MEL-ZRH/MUC-MEL but not booked and I was getting a sales fare of $1578 for the flights I wanted.

A few days later I went to book and got a website error. Later that day I got it to work but I got offered a fare of $1755. Assuming that I had missed out on the last seats at the cheaper rate, I booked it (not wanting it to rise further).

Now I go back to the site and it is offering me $1578 again. Same flights and dates in all cases.

Would I have any luck lodging a complaint or has their website robbed me of $200? If anyone has an insider tip I'd be glad to hear it.
    Unfortunately it seems like it was an availability issue, not so much a website issue.
    You didn't booked the sale fare initially, then only tried to book it a few days later. The seats on your preferred flights with the sale fare might have been sold out at the time you wanted to book it.
    More seats in the cheaper subclass became available later when you checked back with the site -- either as a result of cancellations, or more seats in that subclass have been released.

Comment

• Some people may be getting asked to participate in a 'Focus Group' that they are considering setting up to discuss the 'digital experience' on SQ, including, of course, the clusterf*ck of a website.

If anyone does get a tap on the shoulder, please don't hold back......

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Some people may be getting asked to participate in a 'Focus Group' that they are considering setting up to discuss the 'digital experience' on SQ, including, of course, the clusterf*ck of a website.

If anyone does get a tap on the shoulder, please don't hold back......
        Make sure no sarcasm is used, SQ might interpret everything as being complimentary!

Comment

• Is there a problem with the SQ website? I cannot do Seat Selection for my upcoming trip.

I got this message:
          Seats available for advance seat selection for this flight segment have been fully taken up. You may select a generic preference or select once this flight is open for check-in.
          No seat map is being displayed. Normally if I cannot select the seat, the seap map is still being displayed.

I did a dummy booking and on return flights I can still see some seat available (but not asile). Not sure why I cannot see the seat map in MMB.

Also seems now adays, the seat allocated for TA to select is getting less and less. My TA cannot assign me any seat for the past 4 trips in the past 4 months. Not sure if HKG flight is so popular and busy. The last trip, I found so many open seat closer to the date of depature on my return flight.
          visit my blog

Comment

• I think the website is getting worse each day. I looked into my next Sunday flight to HKG. SQ866. I still cannot choose seat from the internet. When I did dummy booking on this flight, there are sooo many open seat to be selected.

Is there problem with the agent booking? I thought most agent use Amadeues which is the same system that SQ is using?

Also, I do not understand why the call centre agent cannot grab a seat that I see open while I am doing dummy booking.
            Last edited by lingua101; 31 October 2013, 11:20 AM.
            visit my blog

Comment

• Updating details removes FFP number

This has happened a few times: I have a booking done by my corporate TA and when I go to the website to select seats and register my Book The Cook preference, I sometimes make the mistake of editing the Advance Passenger Information.

My TA puts my LH M&M number in and when I go to the screen I can't even change it. So far, so good. Then when I enter my passport details and such, I get the confirmation screen still showing my M&M number. Returning to the Manage My Booking screen, it's gone. So I hit edit again, input the number, it shows up on the confirmation screen, but then Manage My Booking still shows "Not Provided" under FFP.

This usually is not a problem as I can get it fixed at check-in, but it's an unnecessary hassle. And is there a way to get my M&M to be linked to my KF number again, the way it used to be? Nowadays I have to request at check-in for the PPS Value to go to KF alsmost every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBT View Post
                This has happened a few times: I have a booking done by my corporate TA and when I go to the website to select seats and register my Book The Cook preference, I sometimes make the mistake of editing the Advance Passenger Information.

My TA puts my LH M&M number in and when I go to the screen I can't even change it. So far, so good. Then when I enter my passport details and such, I get the confirmation screen still showing my M&M number. Returning to the Manage My Booking screen, it's gone. So I hit edit again, input the number, it shows up on the confirmation screen, but then Manage My Booking still shows "Not Provided" under FFP.

This usually is not a problem as I can get it fixed at check-in, but it's an unnecessary hassle. And is there a way to get my M&M to be linked to my KF number again, the way it used to be? Nowadays I have to request at check-in for the PPS Value to go to KF alsmost every time.
                The same thing happens to my TK *G FFP number for tickets booked by my corporate TA, Amex Travel. It disappears from MMB, but apparently still remains in the system as it prints out on my boarding pass ok and PPS Value credits as usual to my linked KF account. Raised my blood pressure the first couple of times, but now I'm starting to ignore it.

Get your act together, SQ, and FIX THE BLOODY WEBSITE! I am amazed that the people responsible for this abomination are still in their jobs

Comment

• Just read that the Obama administration is throwing engineers from Google, Oracle to help fix the Obamacare website (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ch-surge-.html).

Hmmm .. wonder which will get fixed first : SIA's website or Obamacare's ?

Comment

• Well I'm sure if Obamacare's website had 3 years, it'd be purring like a kitten...

Comment

• I did OLCI on my Sunday HKG flight. It asked me to update my profile. To my surprose, it still show my old passport number, which I remember I have changed it long time ago.... Then I click some button (forget what, may be update) and surprisingly now it shows my new passport number......

What a high class website.....
                      visit my blog

Comment

• Focus Groups for Singaporeair.com

Just received this in the mailer. Appears that Singapore Airlines is finally trying to get feedback and insights to enhance its website.

"An Invitation to Share Your Views With Singapore Airlines: In our commitment to continuously listen to our passengers, Singapore Airlines is pleased to invite you to an individual interview session to receive your feedback on future design features for our website (Singaporeair.com)."

Feel free to post some thoughts / feedback, and where relevant, anyone involved in these focus groups can see how to best "fit-in" great ideas from this thread!
                        Last edited by SQ380; 1 November 2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Hardly needs a focus group...... Facebook and SQT tells them everything they need to know 100-Times over without wasting more people's time.

Comment

• See post 1232 above....

Merged with thread about aforementioned website with over 1200 posts and 171,000 views started in May 2011. Should be focused enough for them, but they do have a habit of only listening to what they want to hear.

Comment

• LOL, Man Flyer, you crack me up!

Comment

• Ahem ... trying to be constructive here .. but here's my inputs to the focus group :

1) Fix all existing problems hilited in this thread,

2) Website is slow. Every click must wait a few seconds for a response. Just go to any computer and do a side-by-side attempt to book a flight on CX vs SQ on their websites. By the time you finish say, 3 clicks on SQ, you can cover 6 clicks on CX. You mean, until now, no one (not even the CEO???) has tried doing this?

3) Why bother to include cities that SIA does not fly to on "From" or "To" in the "Flight booking" page? You just end up wasting everybody's time. Is that part of the reason why the website is so slow?

4) Whose idea is it to have a "Graphical trip builder" in the Booking page? You must be crazy right? Even simple non-graphical trip builder is so slow .. you expect a customer to have the patience to use a graphical builder ????? Have you even try using it yourself?

5) Under "Check Flight Status", why do you require the user to fill in both the flight number AND departing from / arriving to city AND date ? Why not just the flight number and date or route and date ? This is one extra, unnecessary click. Look at CX : you just need to fill in the flight number and date and you'll get the flight status.

6) Allow mixed class booking on the Booking page.

7) Here is a suggestion : Why don't SIA just revert back to the old website for a start, just to make sure that everything works first. Then add all the icings on the cake later?

8) How about displaying the flight menu? This can be made available say, 96 hours before the flight. Then if its unappetising, travellers can opt for book the cook. Look at how often SQ-Talkers here ask each other for the menu being offered for specific flights.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X