Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    That's not a good start. Did the IFS indicate if he/she knew what it was ?.
    No not really. Several crew members did walk over to take a look, and all came away with a rather perplexed look.

Comment

• #10 -SRQ is scheduled to RTS today.

Comment

• Retrofit program completed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Retrofit program completed!
          So SRO (#11, no?) is also out?

Comment

• found only one pic on airliners...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...-ER/1743819/L/
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
              So SRO (#11, no?) is also out?
              It's back in revenue service today

Comment

• Updating of 9V-SV*

When will the other shoe drop? When will SQ announce refitting of the nine 9V-SV* series 777-200ERs not leased to Royal Brunei?

Comment

• when these 772 get refurbished do those boxes for inflight entertainment under the seats disappear in economy class

Comment

• I must say the cabin looks brighter and more luxurious in the beige colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      When will the other shoe drop? When will SQ announce refitting of the nine 9V-SV* series 777-200ERs not leased to Royal Brunei?
                      Perhaps next year? 3 -SR*s with S3000 have been excluded from the retrofit exercise. Wonder if SQ will retrofit them as well.

Originally posted by ian173 View Post
                      when these 772 get refurbished do those boxes for inflight entertainment under the seats disappear in economy class
                      Nope.

Comment

Perhaps next year? 3 -SR*s with S3000 have been excluded from the retrofit exercise. Wonder if SQ will retrofit them as well.
                        I've also been wondering about this. One possible explanation is that there might be a deal in the works to lease or sell them to another airline, possibly together with some of the remaining non-AVOD 777s. I believe we still have four more A330-300s coming, which would logically replace 9V-SQ* or 9V-SR* birds.

Comment

• I was downgraded to Business Class from F Class after they changed equipment again! SIN-HKG. ZZzz
                          ________
                          Honda Cb750A
                          Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

One possible explanation is that there might be a deal in the works to lease or sell them to another airline, possibly together with some of the remaining non-AVOD 777s. I believe we still have four more A330-300s coming, which would logically replace 9V-SQ* or 9V-SR* birds.
                            I doubt the airline they are marketing the aircraft to will worry too much about the IFE.

Moreover, -SRK is owned by Pembroke. Leaves -SRJ/L open to deals.

Then again, -SRL has been off the grid for close to 30 days! Do I smell #12?
                            Last edited by Nick C; 4 August 2010, 01:12 PM. Reason: Changed rego.

Comment

I doubt the airline they are marketing the aircraft to will worry too much about the IFE.
                              I don't think SQ would want to spend money reconfiguring the cabin of an aircraft about to leave the fleet. Therefore, not configuring a particular aircraft might be evidence that she is soon due to leave the fleet.

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              Moreover, -SRK is owned by Pembroke. Leaves -SRK/L open to deals.
                              Is there a typo in the registrations?

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              Then again, -SRL has been off the grid for close to 30 days! Do I smell #12?
                              It's possible, but SQ did announce that the number would be 11, did they not? It's easy to imagine scenarios under which SQ would increase the number, including a pending deal to sell some that fell through.

Comment

Is there a typo in the registrations?
                                Should be -SRJ/-SRL.

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                It's possible, but SQ did announce that the number would be 11, did they not? It's easy to imagine scenarios under which SQ would increase the number, including a pending deal to sell some that fell through.
                                Adding SYD + MEL to the destinations served by the 77Rs will stretch the fleet. Sounds about right to add more retrofitted frames.

Comment

Working...
                                X