Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
    But is that there are no different between on the Y-seat itself on those AVOD 9V-SQ* 772 and 9V-SV* 772ER? (Correct me if I am wrong)
    Yup - correct. Only difference is one inch of pitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
      9V-SRM appears to be the third one... it was on the SQ826/827 rotation yesterday (22/4). There is possibly a fourth one as two more flights (SQ810/801 and SQ832/835) have been switched over effective today (23/4). Exciting times...
      There is a fourth aircraft in service... a refurbished 9V-SQM entered service on the SQ828/831 rotation yesterday (27/4). It appears SQ800/803 has also been switched over to B72A service.

Comment

• SQ did the refurbishment in a really quick rate!

Is that all AVOD 772s will have refurbishment (9V-SQI to 9V-SQN, 9V-SRJ to 9V-SRQ)?
        Last edited by sutrakhk; 28 April 2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• 5th retrofitted bird is now in service, 9V-SQK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
            5th retrofitted bird is now in service, 9V-SQK.
            That's so much faster than refitting of 773s.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
              That's so much faster than refitting of 773s.
              Seems that the seat problems have not been resolved so far.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Sorry if this is a dumb question but I get confused about the seat types on different aircraft.

I had business class on the A380 (award) SYD to SIN but changed it to 777-300 because the arrival time suited me better. The seats at that time were the new regional class so I was OK with that.

Now the aircraft has changed to 777-200 and the seatmap shows 30 business class seats. This looks to be old type seats?

Our flight is SQ232 but we don't fly until mid August. If we currently have the old seats is it likely this aircraft will be changed again to the refurbished type?
                I'm feeling pretty disappointed at the moment, or am I worrying too soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by snufl View Post
                  Sorry if this is a dumb question but I get confused about the seat types on different aircraft.

I had business class on the A380 (award) SYD to SIN but changed it to 777-300 because the arrival time suited me better. The seats at that time were the new regional class so I was OK with that.

Now the aircraft has changed to 777-200 and the seatmap shows 30 business class seats. This looks to be old type seats?

Our flight is SQ232 but we don't fly until mid August. If we currently have the old seats is it likely this aircraft will be changed again to the refurbished type?
                  I'm feeling pretty disappointed at the moment, or am I worrying too soon?
                  It's either a 2-config 772, in which case it is the old C seat, or the 77E, in which case it is the skybed. There is one way to tell, on the old 772, J is in a 2-3-2 config, while on the 77E, it is a 2-2-2 config.

According to the sticky (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473), this flight is suppose to be a 77E.
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    It's either a 2-config 772, in which case it is the old C seat, or the 77E, in which case it is the skybed. There is one way to tell, on the old 772, J is in a 2-3-2 config, while on the 77E, it is a 2-2-2 config.

According to the sticky (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473), this flight is suppose to be a 77E.
                    SQ232 will be on the 772-ER, J class seats will be the SpaceBed, similar to J class on the Boeing 747.

Comment

• Sorry SpaceBeds not Skybeds!
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Spacebeds, Skybeds, all the same to me...told you I don't know much about seats

Anyway, thanks for the replies, at least I know it is 777-200ER (2-2-2 config) my booking says 777-200 (no ER) so I was totally confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by snufl View Post
                          Spacebeds, Skybeds, all the same to me...told you I don't know much about seats

Anyway, thanks for the replies, at least I know it is 777-200ER (2-2-2 config) my booking says 777-200 (no ER) so I was totally confused.
                          On SQ Website, 777-200 alone can fall into either of these aircrafts: 772ER, regional 772 (2 class configuration), regional 772 (3 class configuration), and retrofitted 772(or 72A)

Comment

• For now not all of the selected 772s are refurbished so is there any way to tell if SQ800 will be operated by a refitted 772? Assuming SQ800 is not consistently operated by a refurbished bird yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              For now not all of the selected 772s are refurbished so is there any way to tell if SQ800 will be operated by a refitted 772? Assuming SQ800 is not consistently operated by a refurbished bird yet.
                              SQ800 should be a refurbished bird (again barring any unplanned aircraft substitutions, which seem to happen with alarming frequency these days).

Comment

• Strange enough SQ107 was a refurbished bird last week!

Comment

Working...
                                X