Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SQI is the first one to be refitted and currently serving SIN-PVG (Shanghai)
    Correct me if I am wrong...
    The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Anyone been on the 72A yet? How are rows 17 and 18 in that mini cabin?

Out of curiousity, it seems there are 2 galleys serving business class. Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

• 2 refurbished planes in service

Comment

• And the second one is...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            And the second one is...?
            SQJ

Comment

• Hi,

I was on 9V-SQJ as SQ827 on 19/4...sat on 18K...no one beside me..the galley in the front was not in used and they used only the one in the business class cabin. Pics here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=fa3332e579

Comment

• Originally posted by yongchau View Post
                Hi,

I was on 9V-SQJ as SQ827 on 19/4...sat on 18K...no one beside me..the galley in the front was not in used and they used only the one in the business class cabin. Pics here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=fa3332e579
                What bout Y class? Just change cushion covers to smarties seats ala SQ style only ah? I thought we would get the same seats as per A330.
                I hope they dont use this plane to CHC anymore in that case.

Comment

• Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
                  What bout Y class? Just change cushion covers to smarties seats ala SQ style only ah? I thought we would get the same seats as per A330.
                  I hope they dont use this plane to CHC anymore in that case.
                  They never used this plane to CHC anyway. SQI and SQJ are regional a/c. It's the SV* series for CHC.

Comment

• Y class on all flights on the SIN-Shanghai route are old seats and IFE, with new seat covers only...only Business Class and First Class has new seats, on the refitted B777-200 and B777-300 (starting July 2010)

Comment

• Supposedly they were meant to replace the Y class screens with 9-inch ones starting later this year... but still with the old head units (hence, no funky multitasking IFE as with the eX2 system).

Comment

• Originally posted by yongchau View Post
                        Y class on all flights on the SIN-Shanghai route are old seats and IFE, with new seat covers only...only Business Class and First Class has new seats, on the refitted B777-200 and B777-300 (starting July 2010)
                        I just came back to CHC and this is the plane used for SIN/CHC route, but mine had still the old seat covers and mini screen as pictured.Isnt the 772 and 772A the same plane? Or SQ has 2 different type of 772?

Comment

• Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
                          I just came back to CHC and this is the plane used for SIN/CHC route, but mine had still the old seat covers and mini screen as pictured.Isnt the 772 and 772A the same plane? Or SQ has 2 different type of 772?
                          CHC is served by a Spacebed 772ER.

SQ has 4 different configs for the 772.

38J/228Y (Weber)
                          12F/42J/234Y(Ultimo)
                          30J/293Y (Ultimo)
                          30J/255Y (Spacebed)

Have a look at this thread started by 9V-JKL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                            CHC is served by a Spacebed 772ER.

SQ has 4 different configs for the 772.

38J/228Y (Weber)
                            12F/42J/234Y(Ultimo)
                            30J/293Y (Ultimo)
                            30J/255Y (Spacebed)

Have a look at this thread started by 9V-JKL.
                            Thanks Nick for the link. Went thru it but couldnt see any pics of different Y cabins. AFAIK, there are only 2 types of Y cabins on SQ jets, the ones on A380.773's and A330's and then the other ones with blue/purple covers on 777 200 jets. Is this wrong?

Also will the 772ER in this case get a make over by simply cover swapping or new seats similiar to the 773 used for AKL flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              2 refurbished planes in service
                              9V-SRM appears to be the third one... it was on the SQ826/827 rotation yesterday (22/4). There is possibly a fourth one as two more flights (SQ810/801 and SQ832/835) have been switched over effective today (23/4). Exciting times...

Comment

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                                They never used this plane to CHC anyway. SQI and SQJ are regional a/c. It's the SV* series for CHC.
                                But is that there are no different between on the Y-seat itself on those AVOD 9V-SQ* 772 and 9V-SV* 772ER? (Correct me if I am wrong)

However I found the refurbished seat and carpet looks OK and give the 772 a fresh look, would love to have a ride. (Maybe I am not a IFE fan so I tend to love the old seats with thicker and wider cushion)
                                Last edited by sutrakhk; 23 April 2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X