Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said that SQ doesn't care (the flight doesn't matter to them) about the routes to HAN. I can only surmise you would draw that conclusion from your interaction with SQ - which is mostly based on when you fly. Hence my question - do you have continually bad experiences on the flight to HAN, that leads you to the conclusion that the flight doesn't matter to SQ?

I'll give you an analogy - it's like a character reference - people generally do not behave out of character. When an airline doesn't care, or is indifferent, it is reflected in the flight itself. I see it all the time on the US carriers. So it would be out of character for SQ not to care about the HAN route, but for you to experience continual good service on that flight - if the flight didn't matter to them.

So what specifically did you experience that led to this conclusion? Is it possible that the flight matters to them, but they just have different priorities and need to make choices? I guess I'm just trying to say, in SQ's defense, that they can't do everything they want at once, due to competing priorities and limited resources.

Comment

I think you're reading WAYYY too much into my short little sentence!

Like I said, no problems with the service to HAN with regards to the personnel, just disappointed to see that it's not on the list for refurb.

Comment

Originally posted by mister__big View Post
        That's what I said, SQ's priority is not on the short haul flights like HAN. I never said anything about the attitude of the stewardesses so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.
        I'd quotw u an analogy when my mother used to have only one sweet and would give it to my brother instead of me? Why? Cos he tend to excel in school and sports and was less of a rascal then me.

Likewise, when it comes to resource allocation, SQ would tend to dump the new birds on the plumper routes aka cash cow ones. HAN... not likely... it might well have been relegated to another MI route, had it not been possible to fit the SV birds on rotation due to the flight timing.

Comment

its been nearly 2 years since i flew on an old regional seat but i must confess to being pleasantly surprised yesterday on the 3.5 hour flight to hk.

the new business class is good for sleeping when laid flat but its less easy to get comfortable without extra pillows when in the sitting position - also i find that the trays are too heavy and again the sitting position for dining has limited options

the "old" regional seats looked newly upholstered and in good condition compared to some the torn seat covers and bruised leather on the "new" seats

have flown once on the "new" regional seats to Australia and would agree that they are better - just hope they wear as well.

at the end of the day, what makes the difference is having a good crew - yesterday's was good but could not make a dry martini (rare talent to find)

Comment

According to the Hong Kong Schedule Coordination Office of HKIA, the proposed day of SIN-HKG changing to refurb 772 would be 2 JUN for SQ859/870 and 24 JUN SQ865/866, which changed from 288772 to 266772 at these days in the list.

288772 = 288 Seats 772
            266772 = 266 Seats 772

Comment

See below...
              Last edited by ; 1 March 2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

FREE upgrade to the NEW FIRST CLASS (B777-300ER) with SAVER AWARD!!! READ THIS!!!

Originally posted by yongchau View Post
                At krisflyer.com, we can still do online redemption of First Class SAVER awards for flights to Hong Kong (SQ866, SQ870) & Beijing (SQ800 & SQ810) which shows B777-200 aircraft, 3 class configuration for far away dates like in Oct 2010.

I'm wondering if we really redeem a SAVER First Class redemption on the above flights now, when the flights get the new refitted B777-200 with only Business & Economy Class later in the months to come, will we be downgraded to Business Class or get transferred to another flight which has First Class seats and they happen to be on B777-300ER left? (Eg: I redeem First Class saver award on SQ866 now, then in May, the aircraft does not have First Class because it got changed to the 2 class one, will I get to transfer to another flight with First Class say SQ860 or SQ2 (B777-300ER) or still on SQ866, but on Business Class instead)? Anyone encountered this before?
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's the reply from KrisFlyer regarding the change of aircraft from 3 class to 2 class:

Thank you for your email dated 27 February 2010 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

With regards to your enquiry, in the event should there be a carrier change to A380 airbus, we will find the next possible flight which offers First Class Saver. However, in the event if only 777-300ER airbus is offered, we will put you on a First Class Standard without incurring the additional miles required. An attempt to contact passenger will be made upon schedule change to passenger award ticket.

Thank you for writing to us and we look forward to be of service to you again.

So guys, wat are you waiting for?? a FREE upgrade to the NEW FIRST CLASS (B777-300ER) is waiting for you. Just book and issue a ticket for a far away date FIRST CLASS SAVER now on SQ866, SQ870 to Hong Kong and SQ800 & SQ810 (B777-200 3 class) to Beijing and you can get a upgrade to First Class on B777-300ER when SIA change the aircraft in the coming months!

Comment

Yeah... except when you suddenly realise you need to change your travelling dates. Then you're stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Yeah... except when you suddenly realise you need to change your travelling dates. Then you're stuck.
                    True... not only that... New First or not, I ain't going on say SQ860 at 0830 if what i really wanted was to go at night on SQ870

Comment

• Not to mention I'm not a 77W F fan anyway. I was considering booking an SQ800 for 3Q but it's just not worth the pain to me at the moment...

Comment

• Originally posted by yongchau View Post
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's the reply from KrisFlyer regarding the change of aircraft from 3 class to 2 class:

Thank you for your email dated 27 February 2010 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

With regards to your enquiry, in the event should there be a carrier change to A380 airbus, we will find the next possible flight which offers First Class Saver. However, in the event if only 777-300ER airbus is offered, we will put you on a First Class Standard without incurring the additional miles required. An attempt to contact passenger will be made upon schedule change to passenger award ticket.

Thank you for writing to us and we look forward to be of service to you again.

So guys, wat are you waiting for?? a FREE upgrade to the NEW FIRST CLASS (B777-300ER) is waiting for you. Just book and issue a ticket for a far away date FIRST CLASS SAVER now on SQ866, SQ870 to Hong Kong and SQ800 & SQ810 (B777-200 3 class) to Beijing and you can get a upgrade to First Class on B777-300ER when SIA change the aircraft in the coming months!
                        Wonder if this would apply to awards ticketed by *A partners?
                        Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

hmmm.... they used to accommodate O class pax into R when they changed the aircraft into A380... (some people here have got that R class with O class mileages price.....)
                          Now they stop that sweet practice???
                          So sad...

Comment

• oh no..KrisFlyer has updated the schedule...now no more First Class Saver redemption for SQ866, SQ870 to Hong Kong and SQ800 & SQ810 (B777-200 3 class) to Beijing for Dec 2010...only dates close like May 2010 remain...they act real fast...On these flights, only Business Class is available..

Last SQ866 3 class flight on 30/10/2010. Last SQ870 3 Class flight on 28/5/2010..

Last SQ800 3 class flight on 27/4/2010. Last SQ810 3 Class flight on 17/4/2010..
                            Last edited by ; 2 March 2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Took a gamble last night and booked a J ticket for Sept despite my previous statement.

Decided to give J a try instead to test out the seat for mid-haul sleeping on SQ800 and see if it's better than F. Seatmaps for September haven't been changed to 77W though (just checked before posting)

Comment

oh no..KrisFlyer has updated the schedule...now no more First Class Saver redemption for SQ866, SQ870 to Hong Kong and SQ800 & SQ810 (B777-200 3 class) to Beijing for Dec 2010...only dates close like May 2010 remain...they act real fast...On these flights, only Business Class is available..

Last SQ866 3 class flight on 30/10/2010. Last SQ870 3 Class flight on 28/5/2010..

Last SQ800 3 class flight on 27/4/2010. Last SQ810 3 Class flight on 17/4/2010..
                                oh no...krisflyer just change the last SQ866 3 class flight to 28/06/2010. This morning I check was still 30/10/2010...at 2.30pm..they change to 28/6/2010..its like playing stocks...

Comment

Working...
                                X