Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why?

why would SIA put the new regional business class in the 777-3A but leave Economy class the same? They should have installed the new economy seat in them.

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6715697&nseq=13
    Last edited by SQ_SIA; 23 November 2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Ermm...I think that economy class seat is new.....

Its different from the one on the 77W and A380.

Comment

• The color scheme looks not unlike the new Y in the 333s.
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Probably to costly to do a thorough refurb... there goes the hope for standardising their product, IFE at least - across the fleet. Thumbs down.

By the way, I think this thread deserves a title that more accurately depicts the topic at hand.

Comment

• I quite like it nice colour too

Comment

• Could someone post a pic of the biz/first class seats? I think the new refurbished seats are wonderful!! They recline fully intoa flat bed. A lot better than the square cubicles of the A380's and the 733 ER's. I was on one (firstclass) I think flying from SYD/SIN on this same aircraft, but not sure, DID not do a "sticky beak" to check out the Y seats. Hope they fit out all their aircraft with these!! I love them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashsuds View Post
                Could someone post a pic of the biz/first class seats? I think the new refurbished seats are wonderful!! They recline fully intoa flat bed. A lot better than the square cubicles of the A380's and the 733 ER's. I was on one (firstclass) I think flying from SYD/SIN on this same aircraft, but not sure, DID not do a "sticky beak" to check out the Y seats. Hope they fit out all their aircraft with these!! I love them!!!
                Flat bed? I thought they were up to 170 degrees (slope)? Will be in J on the 77A to SYD in about 3 weeks time and this will be a first for me since the refurb..
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Could someone post a pic of the biz/first class seats? I think the new refurbished seats are wonderful!! They recline fully intoa flat bed. A lot better than the square cubicles of the A380's and the 733 ER's. I was on one (firstclass) I think flying from SYD/SIN on this same aircraft, but not sure, DID not do a "sticky beak" to check out the Y seats. Hope they fit out all their aircraft with these!! I love them!!!
                  http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8039

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Flat bed? I thought they were up to 170 degrees (slope)? Will be in J on the 77A to SYD in about 3 weeks time and this will be a first for me since the refurb..
                  172˚ to be exact

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    172˚ to be exact
                    Was never good at maths

Nice pics though... They look better than the ones shown on SQ's website...
                    Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 26 November 2009, 04:13 PM. Reason: Additional comments
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      Let's not be pedantic! Its 8 degs short of 180. That's flat enough. Just cut out using pillows. That will do. That's also to compensate for the flight tilt. Airplanes, contrary to common belief, do not fly at 180 deg, but nose is always up.

Comment

Let's not be pedantic! Its 8 degs short of 180. That's flat enough. Just cut out using pillows. That will do. That's also to compensate for the flight tilt. Airplanes, contrary to common belief, do not fly at 180 deg, but nose is always up.
                        "Cuse me love, could I get some pillows to prep up my a**e?"

Comment

• Not a problem - darl!! As long as they are not the "long sausage" types I saw for the first time in my life in a "chinese" hotel.. You're suppose to grab onto these with both your legs and wrap around them.. Dammm.. what do you call these "sexy" thingamijigs??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            By the way, I think this thread deserves a title that more accurately depicts the topic at hand.
                            What have you got in mind?? "Big one, small ones, hard ones or soft - Take your pick on new SQ 773 services" ?? I am referring to "seats" of course..

Comment

Not a problem - darl!! As long as they are not the "long sausage" types I saw for the first time in my life in a "chinese" hotel.. You're suppose to grab onto these with both your legs and wrap around them.. Dammm.. what do you call these "sexy" thingamijigs??
                              The sexy things are called bolsters. Since I'm not able to get hold of any sausage things these days, I have to make do with the common pillow.
                              Last edited by phaleesy; 27 November 2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                                If you are tall enough, get the first row if you can or you will have your feet stuck in the footwell.

Despite being a great improvement from the old products , I still think this new regional business class seats are not too well designed. I still don't understand why SQ just don't go ahead with the same Diamond seat for 77A.

Comment

Working...
                                X