Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
    If you are tall enough, get the first row if you can or you will have your feet stuck in the footwell.

Despite being a great improvement from the old products , I still think this new regional business class seats are not too well designed. I still don't understand why SQ just don't go ahead with the same Diamond seat for 77A.

No worries there as I am in no way tall.

Regarding the Diamond seats, probably a cost issue?
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      The sexy things are called bolsters. Since I'm not able to get hold of any sausage things these days, I have to make do with the common pillow.
      Can't live without my bolster.. First thing I packed before I headed to Norway was a bolster in a vaccum pack..
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• I wonder if this is the reason why SQ is now redesigning their first call on seats in the A380 and 773's that they had the "widest seats" amongst ALL airlines??

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...m-1832010.html

Whatever seats SQ decides, it better be good...

And Pinkfloyd, why don't you write in to SQ and ask them to supply "bolsters" on their aircraft? Saves you putting yours in a vacuum bag!! You poor thing!!You've got me thinking seriously about owning one now and taking it where ever I go...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashsuds View Post
          I wonder if this is the reason why SQ is now redesigning their first call on seats in the A380 and 773's that they had the "widest seats" amongst ALL airlines??

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...m-1832010.html

Whatever seats SQ decides, it better be good...

And Pinkfloyd, why don't you write in to SQ and ask them to supply "bolsters" on their aircraft? Saves you putting yours in a vacuum bag!! You poor thing!!You've got me thinking seriously about owning one now and taking it where ever I go...
          Haha... I don't bring it onboard flights.. Only did that the first time I moved to Norway for work..

Bolsters from SQ? Don't think it's going to work as they can't even issue out a proper amenities kit in J (on most flights)!

Comment

• The refit programme is at at standstill and is now not expected to be complete until next July.

The delay is apparently due to 'documentation issues' between a seat supplier and regulatory authorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              The refit programme is at at standstill and is now not expected to be complete until next July.

The delay is apparently due to 'documentation issues' between a seat supplier and regulatory authorities.
              That is a little strange considering one aircraft is already done. Unless there are/will be further modifications on the retrofit already installed on SYF (and already been in service for about five months now). Wonder if they will then consider putting in eX2 instead? (one can hope......)

Comment

• This is not good news.

Comment

• planning to take SQ231 to sydney in april.
                  Are the economy class seats same as what the A380 is offering?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRANI View Post
                    planning to take SQ231 to sydney in april.
                    Are the economy class seats same as what the A380 is offering?
                    Nope, the economy class seats on SQ231 (barring any last minute substitution - we got 9V-SYC here today on this rotation ) are the same as the ones on the AVOD 777-200s and -300s, with a new seat cover and a new Krisworld interface. Definitely not the same as the ones on the A380s and the B777-300ERs.

Comment

• Do SQ now have more variations on seats than TG? It feels like a bigger lottery these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by lhrpete View Post
                        Do SQ now have more variations on seats than TG? It feels like a bigger lottery these days.
                        They've got a lot. I think SYD and MEL get four different aircraft types!.

The main difference between them though is you get whats on the schedule on SQ, whereas on TG you could get anything, especially regionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                          Nope, the economy class seats on SQ231 (barring any last minute substitution - we got 9V-SYC here today on this rotation ) are the same as the ones on the AVOD 777-200s and -300s, with a new seat cover and a new Krisworld interface. Definitely not the same as the ones on the A380s and the B777-300ERs.
                          The one on 9V-SYC isn't the 100% same as the ones on the AVOD 772/773's. The biggest variation is of course the AVOD, but they're also missing a small pair of nets by both sides of the PTV where you can store stuff. The AVOD ones have that, the older version, of which SYC is one, doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                            Any chance you were flying on 231 on the 14th? Used my points to upgrade to J, and there was an aircraft type switch at the last minute (77A to 773 - sorry not sure which model is SYC) Many complained to the poor IFS who was constantly apologising... The main thing that gets to me is the lack of AVOD on the 773's..

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              Any chance you were flying on 231 on the 14th? Used my points to upgrade to J, and there was an aircraft type switch at the last minute (77A to 773 - sorry not sure which model is SYC) Many complained to the poor IFS who was constantly apologising... The main thing that gets to me is the lack of AVOD on the 773's..
                              Nope, I wasn't. But I noticed that it was not the usual 9V-SYF (the sole refurbished 773A) on the rotation yesterday. Usually they send a 777-300ER as a substitute, but it appears they didn't have a spare one (or a semi-decent AVOD substitute in any case) yesterday and so you ended up on one of the old non-AVOD ones.

Having said that however, these old aircraft are a frequent feature on the SQ237/238 to/from MEL (which roughly mirrors the flight you were on to SYD in terms of timing).

Comment

• Do we know if there is anything wrong with 9V-SYF? I am on SQ232 on Sat (nearly two years since I was last on SQ! eeek) for our Honeymoon in C, hoping we don't end up with one of the old school ones...

Comment

Working...
                                X