Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    9V-SYD is going to PVG today. Seat map reflects old interior.

SQ231/232 (9V-SYF) got subbed by a 77W today.
    First missed rotation for 9V-SYF since 22 July........................

Comment

9V-SYD is going to PVG today. Seat map reflects old interior.
      With only seven to be refitted, it would make sense that 9V-SYD would not be among the seven. I wonder why she hasn't been flying the last six months.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        With only seven to be refitted, it would make sense that 9V-SYD would not be among the seven. I wonder why she hasn't been flying the last six months.
        How many 772/773 with old Regional First & Business will be flying around after March 2010 and on what routes? Isn't it time to discontinue those offerings completely? I don't know why SQ is flying the old 773 to MEL - when are they replacing that bird with the 77A?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          How many 772/773 with old Regional First & Business will be flying around after March 2010 and on what routes? Isn't it time to discontinue those offerings completely? I don't know why SQ is flying the old 773 to MEL - when are they replacing that bird with the 77A?
          I for one will not pay to fly J on a SQ red eye flight till lie flat seats are provided
          Which means no SIN-KIX & SIN-FUK till next year..

Comment

36 aircraft in old regional F & J. None of the leases are ending in the current fiscal year, so the only way the number will decrease will be the sale of aircraft (that is if they can find a buyer in these times). Of the 36, 14 are suitable candidates for refurbishment (AVOD equipped aircraft). Also with the next batch of 333s only being delivered around Feb 2010 before the start of the Osaka 333 flights, this will mean no aircraft swaps until the announce the next set of 333 destinations. The 7 73As deployed on the announced routes will be fully utilised as well, so it's unlikely that MEL will see a 73A.

Comment

36 aircraft in old regional F & J. None of the leases are ending in the current fiscal year, so the only way the number will decrease will be the sale of aircraft (that is if they can find a buyer in these times). Of the 36, 14 are suitable candidates for refurbishment (AVOD equipped aircraft). Also with the next batch of 333s only being delivered around Feb 2010 before the start of the Osaka 333 flights, this will mean no aircraft swaps until the announce the next set of 333 destinations. The 7 73As deployed on the announced routes will be fully utilised as well, so it's unlikely that MEL will see a 73A.
              In other words: When Suites get booking class F in the near future, I can fly Regional F and Suites for the same money? Stunning.

Comment

In other words: When Suites get booking class F in the near future, I can fly Regional F and Suites for the same money? Stunning.
                Yes, product consistency has been an issue at SQ for a long time. SQ have frequent product improvements, but then don't roll them out across the whole fleet.

Comment

Well, to be fair, that's exactly why the chumps have been valiantly clinging to the R booking class.

Comment

• I have booked J seats on SQ833 on the end of Nov. But it still shows that it will be the old regional J seats. Disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      Yes, product consistency has been an issue at SQ for a long time. SQ have frequent product improvements, but then don't roll them out across the whole fleet.
                      I wouldn't blame them if they were fair and show it on their webpage. Someone flying from Europe to Melbourne migth be very disappointed with an overnight in old Regional F...

Not sure why they don't take the old SkySuites and put them on the 777 fleet...

Comment

• Is there anyone here knows that how many 773 have been converted into new 73A? BTW, probably how many will be by the end of Nov? Many thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't blame them if they were fair and show it on their webpage. Someone flying from Europe to Melbourne migth be very disappointed with an overnight in old Regional F...
                          I agree with you. I'm a big supporter of full disclosure and truth-in-advertising.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          Not sure why they don't take the old SkySuites and put them on the 777 fleet...
                          Weight. The only F that makes sense to install on the 777s is the Diamond Plus. Despite the greater privacy and much bigger flatscreen, it weighs far less than the SkySuites primarily because there are far fewer electric motors and actuators.

Comment

• Originally posted by elitesia View Post
                            Is there anyone here knows that how many 773 have been converted into new 73A? BTW, probably how many will be by the end of Nov? Many thanks.
                            One....9V-SYF. The other six that are in the first conversion tranche all appear to be in service.

Comment

• Interior shots of the retrofitted J cabin.

Comment

• I am still waiting for someone to publish pics from F on the 77A...

Comment

Working...
                                X