Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohh so the rest would be the old config 777-300s ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
      ohh so the rest would be the old config 777-300s ?
      I think the rest are leaving the fleet, 4 are heading to Transaero.

Comment

• MEL has scored really well yet again.....
        We finally lose the 744 off SQ237/228 and the first 773 they give us is SYC according to flight24 website.
        Isn't SYC a non-retrofitted old plane they are planning to get rid of shortly? Am I wrong in thinking that it doesn't even have AVOD? At least the 744 had that...
        I'm beginning to wonder what we did so wrong to SQ to deserve this treatment.

Comment

• Wow, that's horrible !! SYC is indeed the OLD seats, the light blue regional business class, with non working seats and no AVOD. My goodness. I just got back from MEL last night on SQ 228, and am I GLAD i didn't come back today. I would be extremely cross to be paying A380 price for inferior product !

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
            Wow, that's horrible !! SYC is indeed the OLD seats, the light blue regional business class, with non working seats and no AVOD. My goodness. I just got back from MEL last night on SQ 228, and am I GLAD i didn't come back today. I would be extremely cross to be paying A380 price for inferior product !
            Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I'm looking at booking flights to Europe shortly and I've reached the point where I no longer have faith in SQ to provide me with a decent product. They are trashing their good name in the Melbourne market. I cannot recommend them anymore to friends and family anymore because they keep throwing old, inappropriate planes onto Melbourne flights in an ad hoc fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I'm looking at booking flights to Europe shortly and I've reached the point where I no longer have faith in SQ to provide me with a decent product. They are trashing their good name in the Melbourne market. I cannot recommend them anymore to friends and family anymore because they keep throwing old, inappropriate planes onto Melbourne flights in an ad hoc fashion.
              As sad as that is to hear they really have only got themselves to blame for the way their reputation is going in one of the major markets. People will only accept being messed around to a certain point then they've had enough. It took TG a while to learn this, then they went and did something about it and now seem to switch aircraft less than SQ, and I never thought the day would come when you said that.

Comment

• Mates,

SQ237 (w regards to SYC - to Mel) is the NEW regional J class - refurbished I guess?

They're changing aircraft on Jul 1 2011.

I maybe wrong but I'm taking that plane soon Anw and will update you guys once I've the time.

Cheers,

Comment

• Forgot about this. -SYH returned to service 2 days ago. -SYK/-SYL are currently being retrofitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    Forgot about this. -SYH returned to service 2 days ago. -SYK/-SYL are currently being retrofitted.
                    Thanks for the update, as always.

Comment

• Totally slipped my mind once again. 773 retrofit exercise has finally been completed. Last 2 aircraft returned to service on 25/7 & 1/8 respectively.

Comment

Totally slipped my mind once again. 773 retrofit exercise has finally been completed. Last 2 aircraft returned to service on 25/7 & 1/8 respectively.
                        Which means all the remaining 773s have been retrofitted?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Which means all the remaining 773s have been retrofitted?
                          Nope. He means that all seven of the ones to be refitted have now been refitted.

The others haven't been and won't be.

Comment

Totally slipped my mind once again. 773 retrofit exercise has finally been completed. Last 2 aircraft returned to service on 25/7 & 1/8 respectively.
                            That didn't take long really did it!!!

Comment

• So all 773's into MEL are retrofitted? I have a couple of flights coming up and normally I'd be on the A380 but their connections don't work. Not looking forward to a midnight flight with old seating.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                                That didn't take long really did it!!!
                                If you read through the earlier posts in this thread, you would have understood reason for the delay. (Hint: Koito)

Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                                So all 773's into MEL are retrofitted? I have a couple of flights coming up and normally I'd be on the A380 but their connections don't work. Not looking forward to a midnight flight with old seating.....
                                Yes unless there are last minute swaps but very unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X