Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know an updated timeline of refurbishment for the remaining 773's? I see both PEK/PVG are now slated to have the new seats but it would seem that with only 2 planes, they would be sent to other destinations first. Specifically wondering whether as it gets closer in does SQ open up Saver F availability and update the seatmaps to the older configuration or do they plan on the new bird up until departure, thereby disallowing saver F regardless of if it's the new F seat?

Comment

• Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
      Anyone know an updated timeline of refurbishment for the remaining 773's? I see both PEK/PVG are now slated to have the new seats but it would seem that with only 2 planes, they would be sent to other destinations first.
      According to this sticky, PEK has the new seats for all flights while PVG will have starting 1 Jul. I just booked an award flight by just looking at that thread to PVG/PEK, please correct me if I'm wrong so that I can change my flights to get the new seats.

Comment

• Based on what's in GDS, yes, its correct.

Comment

• Based on that same thread, it appears as if by 8/31, the following routes are scheduled for 73A:

SIN-PVG
          SIN-PEK
          SIN-HND
          SIN-DXB (x2)
          SIN-BOM
          SIN-MEL
          SIN-SYD

This will certainly require more than the 2 frames that have been converted to date. So my question is does anyone know, either through internal sources or past experiences with these kind of things, whether if/when SQ realizes that it won't have converted all of the planes to the new config by August, will they reopen the Savers? The alternative is to do what other airlines in Europe/USA do which is to show the seatmap for the new plane up until day of deparature and then do a switch on you.

on the otherhand, they may in fact reconfigure enough frames by then but it seems like there are no updates on that front. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
            Based on that same thread, it appears as if by 8/31, the following routes are scheduled for 73A:

SIN-PVG
            SIN-PEK
            SIN-HND
            SIN-DXB (x2)
            SIN-BOM
            SIN-MEL
            SIN-SYD

This will certainly require more than the 2 frames that have been converted to date. So my question is does anyone know, either through internal sources or past experiences with these kind of things, whether if/when SQ realizes that it won't have converted all of the planes to the new config by August, will they reopen the Savers? The alternative is to do what other airlines in Europe/USA do which is to show the seatmap for the new plane up until day of deparature and then do a switch on you.

on the otherhand, they may in fact reconfigure enough frames by then but it seems like there are no updates on that front. any help would be appreciated.
            I know that my 2nd June SIN-SYD flight has just changed from a 3-class 73A to a 2-class 72A -- they called earlier this week to notify me of the change, though it doesn't really affect my C class seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRICKETER View Post
              I know that my 2nd June SIN-SYD flight has just changed from a 3-class 73A to a 2-class 72A -- they called earlier this week to notify me of the change, though it doesn't really affect my C class seat.
              just an extension of the current 72A operation on SQ232...hopefully my late june flight will still get the 73A from SYD-SIN

Comment

• New Regional Seat: 72A vs A333

I just had my first flights on the 72A ( 9V-SRM, SIN-PVG-SIN ) and have to say that it is superior to the seat on the A333.

The cabin in the 777 is wider than the A333 so the seat is correspondingly wider

For "sleep mode", the lack of wriggle space for your feet on the A333 is not evident on the 72A.

I don't know how they did this. More pitch, lower seat or more angle in sleep mode?

Great seat. Improvements make it on par with SpaceBed.

But my behind keeps resetting the IFE control still whenever I shift position on seat
                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 22 May 2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• -SYJ has been retrofitted.

Comment

• So how many retrofitted 773's are in service now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                      So how many retrofitted 773's are in service now ?
                      Three.

Comment

• -SYI is back

Comment

So how many retrofitted 773's are in service now ?
                          Four.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                            Four.......
                            Wow that's quick ! How many will be in service in total ?

Comment

Wow that's quick ! How many will be in service in total ?
                              Seven

Comment

• I have seat 43K reserved in Y for an upcoming flight on the refitted 73A. On all the new seat maps it shows rows 43 and 44 missing the "B" and "J" seats so a 2-3-2 config, can anybody please confirm this is actually how it is?

The new fantastic SQ website shows rows 43 and 44 as above but when I go into my bookings and look at the seat map it actually shows row 43 as a 3-3-3 config?

Can anyone confirm the config of row 43 on the refitted 73A, any photos?

Thanks for any info.

SQ238.

Comment

Working...
                                X