Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyguy
    replied
    9V-SKY should be arriving around mid July as SIA be launching the new A380s service to Zurich and Shanghai on 2 Aug. And 9V-SKZ should be following soon after SKY.
    Last edited by flyguy; 8 June 2018, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    It's been a while since asked, but anybody have news on delivery of 9V-SKY?

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    well Emirates did order quite a number of A380s last year mainly to replace some of its older ones - the A380s should still be around for the next 25 years or a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• hybridace101
    replied
    So do we expect the double-decker aircraft market facing extinction sooner than we thought?

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Generally it seems there's really no secondhand market for the A380s and in this case, its the first of 5 early built A380s which SIA leased which are "different" from the rest as due to the fact the wings have been reworked on and that these 2 aircrafts are much heavier than the rest of the newer A380s. However as can be seen even Malaysian Airlines was unable to sell 6 of its much newer A380s which are only 6 years old and hence they will try to convert 2 or so for the umrah charters. Even Thai tried to sell its 6 A380s a couple of years ago and there were no takers too.
    Those later built A380s that SIA owned will be used for quite a lot more years to come.

Leave a comment:

• SQueeze
    replied
    Originally posted by EKCH View Post
    MSN 003 & 005 (9V-SKA & 9V-SKB)
    That’s really sad. 12 years is not a Long time. Planes can fly for decades.

Leave a comment:

• EKCH
    replied
    Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
    I just saw this news: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9260?cid=FBcna . What aircrafts are they talking about? 9V-SK* what?
    MSN 003 & 005 (9V-SKA & 9V-SKB)

Leave a comment:

• hybridace101
    replied
    I just saw this news: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9260?cid=FBcna . What aircrafts are they talking about? 9V-SK* what?

Leave a comment:

• Triniflyer
    replied
    Sq25 needs to be retrofitted badly. Just flew it. I actually been flying it once a yr for the last 3 yrs.

Leave a comment:

• SilverKrisSRG
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    I believe you mean 28MAR18.
    Yes Sir, apologise for the typo. I meant 28 Mar 18

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
    26 Mar 2018, SQ231/SQ222 was unusually served by 9V-SKU, SQ221/SQ232 on the same day was served by 9V-SKV
    I believe you mean 28MAR18.

Leave a comment:

• SilverKrisSRG
    replied
    26 Mar 2018, SQ231/SQ222 was unusually served by 9V-SKU, SQ221/SQ232 on the same day was served by 9V-SKV

Leave a comment:

• MainlyMiles
    replied
    Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    I hope SKY or SKZ can be delivered by then
    They both have to be. If they're not - it won't happen!

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    Zurich (SQ346/345) and Shanghai (SQ830/833) flights are now loaded with the new A380 products from 2nd August 2018.
    I hope SKY or SKZ can be delivered by then

Leave a comment:

• MainlyMiles
    replied
    Zurich (SQ346/345) and Shanghai (SQ830/833) flights are now loaded with the new A380 products from 2nd August 2018.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X