X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by banx007 View Post
    Not sure abt deleased as aircraft was AOG just last week due to leakage in bleed air, that was said by the onboard computers. The way to fix it was to take out the panels underneath the wings and parts of the belly to visually inspect and change some components. It might be due to this that aircraft has not been flying for a week.
    Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
    Awesome banx007.Our speculation killer who can quash fleet banter and speculation with real world facts . Wishing Happy holidays to you and all SQ followers
    Thanks banx007 and Happy Holidays to everyone as well.

Leave a comment:

• hviswanathan
    replied
    Originally posted by banx007 View Post
    Not sure abt deleased as aircraft was AOG just last week due to leakage in bleed air, that was said by the onboard computers. The way to fix it was to take out the panels underneath the wings and parts of the belly to visually inspect and change some components. It might be due to this that aircraft has not been flying for a week.
    Awesome banx007.Our speculation killer who can quash fleet banter and speculation with real world facts . Wishing Happy holidays to you and all SQ followers

Leave a comment:

• banx007
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SKD has not flown since arriving from Shanghai as SQ833|18DEC.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    It may be the next to be deleased like SKA-SKC.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    I hadn't thought of that- quite true. While that removes the issue of hangar space, I still think clearing the 77W refits before the A380s is important though, as the 77W is used as a fill-in/exchange aircraft on many A380 routes (AKL, SYD, MEL, NRT, LHR, CDG etc).
    I agree, However I think it was more important to have the 77W refurb on schedule.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    SQ are not doing the A380 refurb so might not be an issue for them.
    I hadn't thought of that- quite true. While that removes the issue of hangar space, I still think clearing the 77W refits before the A380s is important though, as the 77W is used as a fill-in/exchange aircraft on many A380 routes (AKL, SYD, MEL, NRT, LHR, CDG etc).

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    so they'd want to finish with the 77Ws by then, you'd imagine.
    SQ are not doing the A380 refurb so might not be an issue for them.

Leave a comment:

• hviswanathan
    replied
    Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    Yes.....wouldn't want the 77Ws humping with the A380s......
    Wondering what that would create. A 747 perhaps
    In all honesty miss those megatops, undoubted queen of the skies

Leave a comment:

• loldude333
    replied
    Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    Yes, you’d think they would have finished humping by then.
    Yes.....wouldn't want the 77Ws humping with the A380s......

Leave a comment:

• Wan1dap
    replied
    There are only 4 left though. I think the information is old and the end of 2017 date is their originally planned finish, which has now been extended yet again. They only have SWI, SWS & SWT left to go (SWG currently undergoing), so I can't imagine it will take a year to finish that off. The A380s are commencing refit somewhere in the middle of 2018 I think I saw, so they'd want to finish with the 77Ws by then, you'd imagine.
    Yes, you’d think they would have finished humping by then.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
    Five more B-700ERs will be retrofitted with the new class of seats before the end of next year.
    To me that sounds like end of 2018. They got lots of time
    There are only 4 left though. I think the information is old and the end of 2017 date is their originally planned finish, which has now been extended yet again. They only have SWI, SWS & SWT left to go (SWG currently undergoing), so I can't imagine it will take a year to finish that off. The A380s are commencing refit somewhere in the middle of 2018 I think I saw, so they'd want to finish with the 77Ws by then, you'd imagine.

Leave a comment:

• hviswanathan
    replied
    Whatever it is, they have only a fortnight to refit 5 of them!
    Five more B-700ERs will be retrofitted with the new class of seats before the end of next year.
    To me that sounds like end of 2018. They got lots of time

Leave a comment:

• loldude333
    replied
    What we don't know is whether and which wifi hump we will see once hatched......which is also an unacceptable variable that absolutely must be confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    And as we know all too well, it takes at least 6 weeks for one to hatch, maybe with or without an air-test.....
    That we do... No variables can possibly exist except for the lack of data recording the air test.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X