SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
    Yup, they converting it to freighters. Jus saw it took off a few hours back. Sad to see a beautiful aircraft go away. and by the way which line are u in?

Might miss those few 777s. Jus did my check and confirm SWF is ours. FYI only.
    i'm line5 =)
    life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
      by the way, i heard frm a boss, 9v-SPL sold to cathay pacific.
      The SQ asset disposition folks must be happy they did these sales when they did: the last thing CX needs at the moment is another 744 for BCF work. They just sent
      B-HUS (ex SAA ZS-SAW) to VCV for storage, and HDA sent B-KAE (ex SQ 9V-SMJ) to VCV about the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
        The SQ asset disposition folks must be happy they did these sales when they did: the last thing CX needs at the moment is another 744 for BCF work. They just sent
        B-HUS (ex SAA ZS-SAW) to VCV for storage, and HDA sent B-KAE (ex SQ 9V-SMJ) to VCV about the same time.
        SQ are very good about disposing of older aircraft years before the handover date. Of course, that bit them hard when the WhaleJet was delayed. SQ had to renegotiate with buyers and lease back JumboJets that had already been sold. In the end, the great deal SQ got on the A330-300 leases have compensated SQ for those costs.

Comment

• And -- as you have pointed out -- SQ is now about to be in position to negotiate some favorable offset to the 787 delays....................

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
            If you even refer back into 1979 when SQ 1st flown to the U.S. it was a SQ DC-10 painted "California Here We Come" flown as SIN<=>HKG<=>GUM<=>HNL<=>SFO as its need to stopover at Guam for refueling...before it changed to a SQ 747-212 (Super-B)...!
            Do you all remember that folding carrier bag? I wish I still got that bag!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFM View Post
              Do you all remember that folding carrier bag? I wish I still got that bag!
              I saw this bag once in eBay but the starting bid was over US$599 so I just forget about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                If you even refer back into 1979 when SQ 1st flown to the U.S. it was a SQ DC-10 painted "California Here We Come" flown as SIN<=>HKG<=>GUM<=>HNL<=>SFO as its need to stopover at Guam for refueling...before it changed to a SQ 747-212 (Super-B)...!
                I remember this route. It was pretty standard back then. SIN could be replaced with many locations in Asia; SFO with LAX.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• 9V-SMU now is wearing the same new livery like 9V-SPQ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../9V-SMU_MW.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...tionsq/747.jpg

Comment

• Sitting in the *A F lounge @ LAX now.

While taxiing in on my connecting flight, noticed an SQ 747 sitting over at a maintenance area. Too far to see any tail markings.

I was immediately curious whether it is this afternoon's SQ 11 getting some prep work or something else.

--mcz

Comment

• Originally posted by mczlaw View Post
                      Sitting in the *A F lounge @ LAX now.

While taxiing in on my connecting flight, noticed an SQ 747 sitting over at a maintenance area. Too far to see any tail markings.

I was immediately curious whether it is this afternoon's SQ 11 getting some prep work or something else.

--mcz
                      Bon voyage!
                      From which gate will your flight depart?

Comment

• 123A. Far north end. At least I don't have to take a shuttle bus to my plane like a lot of folks here @ TBIT.

And let me add that TBIT is a nightmare. Major renovation means barely any services, dim lights and not much else. Glad the lounge is here.

--mcz

Comment

• Anything new with the lounge? Time to update this Lounge info.

Comment

• Originally posted by mczlaw View Post
                            Sitting in the *A F lounge @ LAX now.

--mcz
                            AFAIK, SQ also flies B747-400 Freighters to LAX, so it could be that as well.

Yes, LAX is a hole. The most painful part is the TSA checked baggage screening for international departure. The rest I can still somehow bear with.

Comment

• Anyone know the actual status of SPA? I heard from most over here that it was going to be a BCF, but I also heard that it was going to be headed to Air Pallamantur, which is supposed to have 2 or 3 other former SQ 744s in their fleet already.

Off topic, I heard that Qantas has finally phased out their 743s. I knew it was inevitable, but still sad.

Comment

• This thread has wondered well off topic from it's original title.

Back on topic....does anyone know which 2 B744F's SQC was 'allegedly' sending to VCV for storage on 26/1?

Comment

Working...
                                X