X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mhadian View Post
    sad day for SYD, i'll be on that last flight for 747-400
    Hopefully in F ?
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      If SIN-SYD won't support a second WhaleJet, then it's difficult to imagine where SQ can fly them upon delivery of 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ later this year. I still think MEL is a likely new WhaleJet destination for SQ.
      Id agree with you, SQ227 will be A380 for sure
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        Hopefully in F ?
        yea, i'm on F for that flight, going to BKK , to bad there's no more F going to BKK

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          Hmm, maybe enough interest will be generated for 744 last (party) flight.

Comment

• What's happening to SQ11 and 25? Does anyone know when are they switching, and to what type?

(...not that I'm thinking about getting in some redemptions or anything like that... )

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
              What's happening to SQ11 and 25? Does anyone know when are they switching, and to what type?....
              No idea but looks like SQ11/12 and SQ25/26 will be the last 744 routes to switch over. You need 5-6 aircraft for them. The question is when and where can SQ get those aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                No idea but looks like SQ11/12 and SQ25/26 will be the last 744 routes to switch over. You need 5-6 aircraft for them. The question is when and where can SQ get those aircraft?
                I expect that either SKI or SKJ will be replacing the 77W deployed on SQ231/232. This will help free up 1 77W. By year end a large number of the 773s should be in the 73A config, this will allow the 77Ws serving SYD/MEL/DEL/BOM to be replaced. SQ802/805 SIN-PEK is also a likely candidate for the swap. This arrangement should allow SQ11/12 and SQ25/26 to go 77W.

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                  What's happening to SQ11 and 25? Does anyone know when are they switching, and to what type?
                  Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  On a long-term basis, six aircraft are required to sustain SQ11/12 and SQ25/26. If demand remains anywhere near current levels, then the only option will be to use 777-300ERs. They would be freed up by using reconfigured 777-300s on shorter routes now served by the 777-300ERs.

Comment

• As per Sabre timetable display, as well as the airline's inventory system, Singapore Airlines' Singapore - Sydney final Boeing 747-400 service is planned for 05OCT09.

Final 747 flight on the Singapore to Sydney is SQ219 on 04OCT09, returning from Sydney the following day on SQ220

SQ219/220 is to be replaced by Boeing 777-300, with existing configuration.
                    Oh bloody hell.

I am booked on SQ220 in late October, and while I feared it may not last until then, I did hope it was another assured SkySuite flight. My booking now shows as 773. Gutted.

As I am in Korea earlier that week and was going down Sydney for a couple of days before flying all the way back to UK in a SkySuite, I think I'll give it a miss and just do a DONE ex-ICN.

It was SkySuite all the way SYD to LHR when I booked it, now it's 773 and 77W.

Comment

• 773 might be new F (73A) by that time, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        773 might be new F (73A) by that time, no?
                        Pulled the seat map from Amadeus, still the old config. I would think that the red-eye flights would have higher priority over the day flights for the refurbished aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                          Do you think SQ will do something like this for their 747 when it flies for the last time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gshHxLzbCCg

Personally, I'm not holding my breath... unless the current management gets booted out But I could hope, couldn't I?

The "Last to fly" group (I've seen lots of "First to fly" groups but never a "Last to fly" group... ) even got a piece of engine blade each as memento!!!
                          yes! of cus! its very meaning full

Comment

• Hey people was just wondering what you think my chances are of my SQ228 from Melbourne to SIngapore on the 30th of October still being a 747 - ive never flown one and realllyyyy want to !!!!
                            Ive flown SQ and I adore it

Comment

• Okay about to book a flight from SIN-MEL

I CURRENTLY have the choice of
                              SQ217 - 77W
                              SQ227 - 744
                              SQ237 - 773

I think the general consensus is that the 77W will come off the SIN-MEL-SIN route, but we have no idea what it, and the 744 will be replaced with.

What route/plane do you think I should pick, given I prefer the newest interiors/fit out, and I will be in paid J

Last edited by FlyBoy; 26 April 2009, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryan_sq View Post
                                Hey people was just wondering what you think my chances are of my SQ228 from Melbourne to SIngapore on the 30th of October still being a 747 - ive never flown one and realllyyyy want to !!!!
                                I would guess chances are about 30%.

Comment

Working...
                                X