Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a sad sight

But since she is being replaced with either a A380 or A330

Times change, and usually for the better!

How many 744's does SQ still have in operation? Wikipedia indicates around 24 ?

Comment

• They have 12 left according to SQ website. 24's way too many, when SKA was delivered they only had 19 left.

Comment

• Ah yes I was counting freighters on the wikipedia page! My bad

Comment

• I believe there are ten still in service.

PS: I not that while all the SQ logos were removed, 9V-SPE still has her Star Alliance logos.

Comment

• According to the CAAS aircraft register, as of 30 April 2009, 9V-SPE and 9V-SPM are still owned by SQ. I guess they will be so as long as they remain unsold and in storage. So that makes 10 744 in operation.

Comment

• My understanding is that they have all been sold i.e. the sales contracts have been signed, but with future delivery dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterblack View Post
                SPE will be put back into service.
                nx to desert SPJ
                SPA will proba be sold
                Did SPE come back to pax service briefly again? And is SPA still scheduled to be sent to SQC for BCF conversion?

Comment

• Here are the ten still in active service, so far as I know:

9V-SMU
                  9V-SPA (delivery/conversion deferred)
                  9V-SPG
                  9V-SPH
                  9V-SPI (the one hit by lightning at Changi on the 8th)
                  9V-SPJ
                  9V-SPN
                  9V-SPO
                  9V-SPP
                  9V-SPQ

9V-SPE and 9V-SPM are withdrawn and "stored"; still under SQ control, but I'd guess not likely to fly under their callsign again.

Comment

• Looks like SPE did its last flight on 5 April:

http://www.acarsd.org/flsearch.html?reg=9V-SPE&flight=

You can use the link for other registrations also to check. SPM's last flight number was SQ744

http://www.acarsd.org/flsearch.html?reg=9V-SPM&flight=

Comment

• 9V-SPA's most recent flight was SQ228 on 2 May.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhadian View Post
                        sad day for SYD, i'll be on that last flight for 747-400
                        My last SQ 744 ride to SYD is tonight at midnight SQ231 at 00:25 on May 12, 2009...

According to the Silver Kris May 2009 issue on page 90, it mentioned only 9 MegaTop left...!

Mr. Chew Choon Seng stated MegaTop will only phasing all out by 2011 in several press conference, but now, it will be all gone by Oct 2009...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                          My last SQ 744 ride to SYD is tonight at midnight SQ231 at 00:25 on May 12, 2009...

According to the Silver Kris May 2009 issue on page 90, it mentioned only 9 MegaTop left...!

Mr. Chew Choon Seng stated MegaTop will only phasing all out by 2011 in several press conference, but now, it will be all gone by Oct 2009...
                          That would seem to confirm that 9V-SPA's flight on 2 May was her last flight ever in SQ service.

It also suggests that the northern summer peak season will be it for the JumboJets and the transition to the off-peak northern winter season will see the switch to smaller aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                            The 2011 phase out was the plan after the A380 delay fiasco, however due to the financial crisis the 744 retirement has been accelerated.

Comment

• Looks like SYD is losing its 747 early next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                                Looks like SYD is losing its 747 early next year...
                                SYD loses the 744 on 05OCT09. Downgauge to 773.

Comment

Working...
                                X