SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    SQ announced that they would all be gone by October.
    Officially ?

I have just booked SIN-MEL on a saver award next near on the 744, so hoping it changes to the A380 or 77W or 77A, anything besides the 744 really, except the 773

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
      Officially ?

I have just booked SIN-MEL on a saver award next near on the 744, so hoping it changes to the A380 or 77W or 77A, anything besides the 744 really, except the 773
      I am in the same situation as you FlyBoy.

I have two return flights booked for later this year and early next year on SQ227, both have oneway saver upgrades to business. One in early November and the other is late January, I'm hanging out to see what plane they change SQ227 to.

Surely by then the 773's will be upgraded to 77A's, so whatever SQ choose SQ227 to be I'm sure it will be a great experience and not the old 773. I will be a little sad however, I never got to experience the top deck of the 744. Maybe there is a chance of doing so one day in the future on the 747-8I, who knows?

SQ238.

Comment

• I am booked on SQ 25 JFK-FRA-SIN Business Saver on December... It was meant to be my farewell flight on the 744... I thought that SQ 25/26 would be the very last 744 flight to be replaced with a new aircraft sometime around March 2010... but I guess if they are going to replace the 744 on that route earlier, they would change it to an aircraft with the new J either the 380 or 77W, but more likely the 77W... I guess that's kinda good for me

Comment

Where was this posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOSqq View Post
            I guess if they are going to replace the 744 on that route earlier, they would change it to an aircraft with the new J either the 380 or 77W, but more likely the 77W... I guess that's kinda good for me
            I would much rather fly in the new J on either the 777-300ER or the WhaleJet (or A340-500) than on the JumboJet with the old SpaceBeds.

Comment

You mean October 2009?

Comment

I would much rather fly in the new J on either the 777-300ER or the WhaleJet (or A340-500) than on the JumboJet with the old SpaceBeds.
                Correct - I have booked the 744 but want the A380/77W/A330/77A

Anything but the 744 or 773 actually

Comment

Do you know when in October? My aeroplan booking for this BKK trip in the fall has me returning back on Oct 1 as the following:

BKK-NRT UA890 : 744
                  NRT-LAX SQ12 : 744
                  LAX-YYZ AC796: 320

Both 744 flights are Business class seats upper deck, which was what I was hoping for on this trip. If SQ12 is getting downgauged earlier than Oct 1, then I may just opt out for continuing UA890 to LAX, or taking UA882 to ORD, and catch a flight to YYZ from there, just to re-experience the upper deck again.

Comment

• If you would rather take UA Old C over SQ New C, then of course that is entirely your choice. I know what I would, though...

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      Where was this posted?
                      Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                      You mean October 2009?
                      See post #478 of this thread.

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      If you would rather take UA Old C over SQ New C, then of course that is entirely your choice. I know what I would, though...
                      I once took UA F HKG-SFO over SQ C (SpaceBed) and kicked myself for being so stupid. SQ C is much, much better than UA F.

Comment

• SPA's status is listed as being stored. Wonder if she is headed towards Victorville.

Comment

• Replacing 747 SkySuites with 77W New F does not necessarily mean improvement... If you are booked on 747 and get rebooked on A380 Suites - that is a different story... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            Replacing 747 SkySuites with 77W New F does not necessarily mean improvement... If you are booked on 747 and get rebooked on A380 Suites - that is a different story... :-)
                            Not sure if F award tix, or even F paid, got rebooked into R in the past?

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                              Not sure if F award tix, or even F paid, got rebooked into R in the past?
                              After much confusion for the initial SYD flights, both paid and redemption F has been rebooked into R without any problems for the vast majority of people ever since (for LHR x2, NRT).

In fact, I think I've only heard of one instance where there was some fuss about not being rebooked into R, and that was apparently because the R class was otherwise empty that day so they preferred to keep it empty or something.

Otherwise, countless people (many of whose trip reports are on here and FT) have flown in R thanks to the rebooking.

Comment

D'you think the 227/228 SIN-MEL is most likely to get 77W or 380 ?
                                What about 219 SIN-SYD?
                                Sorry, I think it's been discussed before but I can't seem to find it!

Comment

Working...
                                X