The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Just tried to book a JCL ticket MAN to SYD. It reset three times after putting in the dates etc, and I know I should have quit then. But I persevered and the fourth time it took the information but then 'spun' for about a minute and a half before:

I'll book an F award on TG instead....
    Same issue yesterday when I tried to pay for some premium seats in Y. Now I don't know whether they have taken my money and it's done, or otherwise.

Comment

• Today I can't even log into my account....... ah well.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        Today I can't even log into my account....... ah well.
        Had the same issue, the page just refreshed.

I also couldn't get beyond the home page in an attempt to book a flight and was met with the usual errors.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• I have two flight wait listed for a few months. Not holding my breath on clearing and haven't yet received a notification. So when I pull them up it asks me to confirm the flight which I already know is nonsense but what the heck.

The circle to click and select the flight is disabled and and when I click confirm I get the "500 Internal Server error" for the last 2 months. Great stuff SQ. Close to one year into the changes and your site still sucks big time. Pathetic is all I can say.

Comment

• I have made several SIA bookings for the past few months.....but today I cannot complete my booking. I think the website is getting from bad to worse.

(1) When I get into the seat selection page, I could not get out, you press "Save and Continue" it keeps bringing you to the same seat selection page. I finally got out by pressing "Shopping Cart" at the breadcrumb bar at the top. Obviously the time warning that I took too long with my booking appears.

(2) As I process to enter my credit card details, there is NO SELECTION for VISA CARD. There is Diners, Master and Amex only .....SIA don't accept VISA anymore?

I got no choice but to cancel my booking............

I have used my credit card to book my flights before.....what happened?

(Audio)

PS: Tried for second time today....still no VISA and at the same time ask me to select card type.....looks like I got to do CX......

Last edited by Audio; 28 March 2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• ahm, maybe I'm too stupid, but how do I book different classes on single legs on the SQ website? I mean if I want to fly SIN-XXX in J and XXX-SIN in Y (which I would want to upgrade a later point in time), how do I do that on the website? And yes, I would like to do that online as I would get more miles if I use my AMEX SQ credit card if I'm not mistaken...

Man, the SQ website blows...

Comment

• Originally posted by xerobasher View Post
                ahm, maybe I'm too stupid, but how do I book different classes on single legs on the SQ website? I mean if I want to fly SIN-XXX in J and XXX-SIN in Y (which I would want to upgrade a later point in time), how do I do that on the website? And yes, I would like to do that online as I would get more miles if I use my AMEX SQ credit card if I'm not mistaken...

Man, the SQ website blows...
                You will need to do it on two separate bookings. Then you call the KF staff to join them back up onto a single reference code.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  You will need to do it on two separate bookings. Then you call the KF staff to join them back up onto a single reference code.
                  You mean book twice one-way tickets? But that makes it much more expensive than booking a return trip, doesn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by xerobasher View Post
                    You mean book twice one-way tickets? But that makes it much more expensive than booking a return trip, doesn't it?
                    Am afraid so, Xerobasher. But there's no other way to do it online that I know of.

You could go through a travel agent and try it but then you will not earn the double miles.

Comment

• Taxes and surcharges at $110!

I had some issues tonight with a business class redemption.
                      Trying to book 2 tickets from Perth to Hong Kong with a stopover in Singapore, total price was $980AUD ($770 top up miles and $110 taxes and surcharges!) We were amazed but when I tried to add in the hotel for the SIA stopover and went back to the payment screen, it disappeared! Called KrisFlyer and the lady said, taxes are about $500AUD each
                      I then told her that online it is $110, she checked and it was too, but ofcourse, this was incorrect!
                      Has this happen recently to anyone or is this how the 'new' website works??

(We did manage to get row 11 D&F )

Comment

• "No Visa card selection" is fixed.

I have booked my flights successfully just mins ago. Thanks!

(Audio)

PS: Still cannot get out of Seat Selection Page through.......
                        Last edited by Audio; 29 March 2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Spoke to a cabin crew friend today.. and he said that management knows about the problems and he said that they are just too arrogant to admit fault and that they bombed....

The previous management team pushed for the May 2011 launch even though it was warned by many people who know about IT that it would not work. But to save face .. they pushed for it through..

Now they are too embarrassed to admit that they were wrong so they are just keeping quiet... till the AMADEUS upgrade.. and from what I hear about the story so far, the reservations people in Singapore are already screaming BLOODY MURDER about the formats.

So you're forewarned !

Cutover expected in June.. sometime..

Comment

• Tried booking LHR-x/SIN-HKG-SIN-LHR

Error.

Cannot complete booking.

Sigh.

Now wasting time calling call centre!

Comment

• Payment

Not sure whether this is website related...

Booked ICN-x/SIN-FRA-SIN-ICN about two weeks ago. Website worked and booking went through without any problems. Got the e-ticket with receipt, too. But two weeks later, my CC still has not been charged. Is that normal from ICN? From other cities, charge normally appears within a couple of days.

The flight is not for another two weeks, but should I expect some unpleasant surprises when checking in in ICN?
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Just tried booking my flight online and got stuck with the message "An application error occured. Please contact your local singapore airlines office"

Rang reservation and had to keep telling her I had tried and keep getting the same error before she made the reservation for me Funny on the return leg to Melb the online booking gave seats but her shows there are no more seats. Tried the next day, there are seats available but online gave me a higher price for SQ217 on my initial check while her pricing came to the same one I was quoted cheaper fare.

Comment

Working...
                                X