No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This way, way beyond anything acceptable. I think the only solution would be an official one-week flying and booking boycott organized via Facebook. I am all in.

Comment

• I was checking my statement for different Date Period on the website and amazing things happend!

The PPS value, Eilte miles and my total KrisFlyer miles on the right changes accordingly! I have more PPS value than I should have. Amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        I was checking my statement for different Date Period on the website and amazing things happend!

The PPS value, Eilte miles and my total KrisFlyer miles on the right changes accordingly! I have more PPS value than I should have. Amazing!
        You are right! There seems to be a bunch of programmers who have no idea what the column on the right means. They are blindly filtering on the dates. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
          What's even more shocking is that I replied to the above post, and received this.. and this was almost 5 days ago !

...You have 1 unapproved comment

A moderator needs to approve this comment before it will be published.
          This was what I wrote ..:

Fellow Krisflyer members and (now) ex-SQ passengers have voiced their complaints on SQ's customer relations department for months but to only fall on deaf and arrogant ears. Online website and web blogs notably sqtalk.com and flyertalk.com have shouted loud and clear about lost revenue from frustrated passengers. One man gave up booking 6 Suites class seats from LHR to SYD last year and booked with TG instead !! SQ's only response was - call our reservations department, loh ! Which incidentally is located in INDIA ! SQ had one IT company design this horrible website. The old one worked fine and was more pleasant to work with.

Why change a good thing to a horrible thing? But what was worse was that SQ refused to admit fault (typical) and yes when the CEO admitted that there was a problem and that it would be fixed soon... but that was 6 months ago and NOTHING has changed. In fact it got worse! Is it that SQ does not want to lose face? Well, it has lost it long ago. If it admitted a problem and fixed it right away, then all would be saved. Including their glamour honor. But now, SQ's website is the laughing stock of all the airlines in the world.

To those who book online - why list cities that SQ does not even fly to. ISN'T it more logical to have SINGAPORE right up there as everyone would be looking at least to/from SINGAPORE? I don't want to scroll through all of APIA to ABERDEEN to AUCKLAND to find SINGAPORE. And even when I attempt to book a codesharing flight, I was told on website, that SQ does not service the city. What is the point in this ??? Yes, this is certainly gaining interest as the airline others talk about !
          Perhaps they have to run by SQ before posting on line?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            What's even more shocking is that I replied to the above post, and received this.. and this was almost 5 days ago !

This was what I wrote ..:

Perhaps they have to run by SQ before posting on line?
            Guy, in recent days, a website was sued by the PM and his brother, no less, for defamatory content. In the latter's case, it was a comment put up by a anonymous poster and not the owner of the site. The site has had to pull out the offending posts and apologise. I presume the ST being very, very careful, since SQ is ... a Singapore public-listed company.

Comment

• Perhaps the mods here should also need to be vigilant, lest an emotive comment may be construed as defamatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Perhaps the mods here should also need to be vigilant, lest an emotive comment may be construed as defamatory.
                Ok. Surely this is fair comment and not defamatory?

Goh Choon Pong should lose his job for failing his customers, his employees, his shareholders, and to a somewhat smaller measure, the national pride of Singapore.

A website is a fundamental commercial tool of an airline's enterprise, and to allow this level of entrenched incompetence is a perfectly justifiable career-ending move.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Ok. Surely this is fair comment and not defamatory?

Goh Choon Pong should lose his job for failing his customers, his employees, his shareholders, and to a somewhat smaller measure, the national pride of Singapore.

A website is a fundamental commercial tool of an airline's enterprise, and to allow this level of entrenched incompetence is a perfectly justifiable career-ending move.
                  SilverChris likes this

Comment

• I think the post was deleted because it mentioned two external websites...
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                      Am away from SIN, so I have not been following too closely. Did SQ reply to that letter publicly? Found it!
                      Last edited by CarbonMan; 26 February 2012, 01:17 AM. Reason: Pls ignore ... found the reply ...

Comment

• Something I also realised that the SQ website will not do...

If outbound has higher fare eg H class, instead of W class, but inbound flight has W class, the SQ website will automatically choose H class for both directions instead of oneway in H and the return in W for a combined difference of the two. That is what MOST airline websites will do and choose. So in fact, SQ is cheating the customer.

While my fare was ex-BKK, the difference wasn't that great. But it would be for someone departing from say EU !

Comment

• After changing my passport number on the website, I received an email from SQ confirming that I have changed my telephone number. Brilliant.

Comment

• Flew BKK-SIN yesterday. Am to fly SIN-BKK on Wed.

Went online to change flight.

Was given choice to change either one or two segments.

Chose one segment obviously, the SIN-BKK segment.

Result : ERROR. Call SQ Reservations.

Conclusion : Calling the Indian Call Centre is just as useless. I'll head to ION instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                              Flew BKK-SIN yesterday. Am to fly SIN-BKK on Wed.

Went online to change flight.

Was given choice to change either one or two segments.

Chose one segment obviously, the SIN-BKK segment.

Result : ERROR. Call SQ Reservations.

Conclusion : Calling the Indian Call Centre is just as useless. I'll head to ION instead.
                              Do you understand Chinese? If you do, press the Chinese button when asked to, and just ask them if they speak English. You would be transferred to local guys (or gals) who speak both.
                              Life's A Bitch,
                              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• Originally posted by inix View Post
                                Do you understand Chinese? If you do, press the Chinese button when asked to, and just ask them if they speak English. You would be transferred to local guys (or gals) who speak both.
                                Actually, they don't mind you speaking English at all. Just start the conversation in English and you can finally talk to someone who knows what he/she is talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X