The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
    Actually the LH website's front end was recently revamped around the same time as SQ's site - a few months before iirc. no glitches nothing, just one day it was the old site the next day the new site. Typically German, but THAT is how a website roll out should be!
    The GUI interface doesn't really make much of a difference. It's more to do with how the website interfaces with SQ's own backend system.

Comment

• I have just logged in to my booking to confirm seating, guess what i saw...
      There are no seats configured , please contact SIA help desk for selecting the preferred seat.
      but in actual fact I'm reserved on 49A Ex SIN and 74K Ex MEL

The weirdest thing is that 41, 44 & 45 J are listed as preferred seats
      Last edited by LOWJHG; 8 February 2012, 12:48 AM.
      I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

• post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• Trying to do the right thing and cancel a waitlisted->confirmed online redemption which I no longer need.

"An application error occurred. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office."

Well too bad then. Will just let it lapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office."

Doubt that option works either

Comment

• What is the CEO doing about this???????

Comment

• Understand from the grapevine that the original developers may not be the developers now.

Presumably they have found some fundamental flaw in the system, that can't be easily corrected. They bring in a new team. New team does not want to touch the old code with a stick, proposes that a totally new re-design is necessary; in the mean time sticks bandages all over old system to keep it going until new re-design system is in place. Charges SQ an arm and a leg for the privilege. All this is pure conjecture on my part, of course. But the fact that they have taken so long to fully correct the system may be a symptom of this taking place.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  "Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office."
                  At least with SQ the lines ring through and you can actually reach somebody. Ever since VX's cutover in October, their phone lines are still jammed with the average wait time still sitting at TWO HOURS!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• whether SQ changes its original software developer Sapient or not - but seriously 9 months is a very looong time for SQ senior management to resolvethe issue - and this is supposedly a "acclaimed airline". Even on its facebook, one can see endless postings of errors in its booking website n SQ can only reply as "Can you provide more details via so that we can look into this." - what a joke!

Comment

• Spam facebook and twitter. It's funny to see the SQ social team trying to be diplomatic and cover up known issues while users expose what's really happening.

Comment

• Still remains an abysmal website just log on to make an amendment to a booking and it says it cannot retrieve my booking, log off and log back on and same thing, strange given that they were there yesterday!!

Comment

• Did a redemption booking yesterday. Processed all the way to the end to charge the credit card - at that point, system put out a msg saying that there were technical difficulties and suggested to try again later. as I had already spent 10mins filling in all the blanks for me and my family. Went to make a tea to calm the nerves before calling KF.

Less than 5mins later, an email popped up, confirming the redemption tickets.

Maybe it was due to the weekend travel fair loading the system up ... maybe it's still a pile of crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            Did a redemption booking yesterday. Processed all the way to the end to charge the credit card - at that point, system put out a msg saying that there were technical difficulties and suggested to try again later. as I had already spent 10mins filling in all the blanks for me and my family. Went to make a tea to calm the nerves before calling KF.

Less than 5mins later, an email popped up, confirming the redemption tickets.

Maybe it was due to the weekend travel fair loading the system up ... maybe it's still a pile of crap.
                            Nothing to do with any travel fair ... this happens to me all the time. Normal for this website. So far only one of my redemption bookings this year went through without any error message. The rest required a phone call to troubleshoot. SQ believe in having some human touch.

Comment

• Took me an hour to book a multi-segmented J-class itinerary that I had done a gazillion times on the old website without a hitch

Over the course of an hour, the system spewed such nuggets as:

We are unable to process your request at this moment due to a temporary technical issue in this page. Please try again.
                              Temporary technical issue?! More like Permanent Technical Issue judging from the collective experience of this community in the past eight months

If the problem persists, please contact your local Singapore Airlines Office for assistance.
                              It's 3 am on an early Saturday morning. Is there a soul at your local office?

We thank you for your patience and apologise for the inconvenience caused
                              Patience? You try and be patient when you encounter the same problems over and over again for eight months! And inconvenience?! More like insult to your loyal customers and your own frontline employees who have worked to build your brand for decades!

Good thing I was running on copious glasses of coconut water from the breakfast buffet in Sao Paulo and was as cool as the ice cubes in my glass of guarana zero to have not been overcome by the frustration and accomplished my booking mission on the dang website...

...after one hour, that is
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Looks like they are finally listening and taking action to solve the problem, hopefully...

https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...20212-pbss.jsp

or maybe end up making it worse..

Comment

Working...
                                X