The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Well knock me down with a feather, I have just logged in to check if some miles from a cancelled KF booking have been refunded and a screen has popped up titled 'Welcome to your personal PPS Club page', and....wait for it.....it says 'Current bookings' (on the same page !!). Not only that, but it actually shows the next three of my upcoming bookings.

Well, I am stunned. Could we finally be seeing the start of the website becoming useful again ?.
    Well whatever I did previously to bring that page up, it certainly wasnt as straight forward as I thought above. There is no 'My Bookings' page as soon as you log in, and I cannot for the life of me work out how I got that up last time.

Bearing in mind beaing able to access all your exisiting bookings in one click after logging in was one of the best features of the old websit, you would think after 4 months they would have that sorted.

It's still a complete PITA to use.

Comment

Well whatever I did previously to bring that page up, it certainly wasnt as straight forward as I thought above. There is no 'My Bookings' page as soon as you log in, and I cannot for the life of me work out how I got that up last time.
      I *think* this is what we did: May have been previously logged in, but the system had already timed out but it doesn't show. We click on Manage Bookings and log in from the right bottom box, voila the bookings appear. Another is click on the Retrieve Booking tab and log in from there.

Don't really remember clearly, but that's the only way I can replicate it.

Comment

• Careful everyone. There appears to be a virus infecting websites with idiotic scrolling windows and sub-windows. It first hit Singaporeair.com and now it's spread to Facebook!!

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Careful everyone. There appears to be a virus infecting websites with idiotic scrolling windows and sub-windows. It first hit Singaporeair.com and now it's spread to Facebook!!
          I presume you're joking. I just checked FB's issues page and I don't find any news of this. If not, could you direct me to the source please. Thanks. (sorry, everytime I see your nick, I can't seem to get my mind of a certain image of you!)

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            I presume you're joking. I just checked FB's issues page and I don't find any news of this. If not, could you direct me to the source please. Thanks. (sorry, everytime I see your nick, I can't seem to get my mind of a certain image of you!)
            I was (half-jokingly) referring to the FB re-design where multiple sections of the page scroll, sometimes in unison, and sometimes not. Last seen on the SQ new website. Hope that clarifies?

Comment

• Back on topic, and I've successfully completed a redemption booking in 5 mins, with only minimal errors and glitches. [Hint: Write/re-write/de-bug the code to capture KF number into booking at end of transaction. After all, the KF member has already obviously logged-in at the start of the transaction... ]

Well done SQ IT team! (And yes, that was said jokingly as well... )

Comment

Careful everyone. There appears to be a virus infecting websites with idiotic scrolling windows and sub-windows. It first hit Singaporeair.com and now it's spread to Facebook!!

Comment

• Well I have managed, just, to complete an award booking, but what hassle for what should (and used to be...) such a simple task. I had to re-enter the route three times and I could have made a cup of tea during the time it took to reload each time.

It is still so slow it's beyond funny now and I couldn't help but laugh when entering my credit card number (for the third time) as I entered the number then watched with bemusement as each character then appears slowly over the next 5-10 seconds.

For crying out loud SQ, sort the bloody thing out will you. It's FOUR MONTHS now.

Comment

• Reminds me of discussion I had many years ago with a web designer (before ADSL or any fast internet) when the masses was using 56k dial up.

He was telling me about how he enjoyed putting all the fancy graphics and animation to which I replied most of us never see them because we have our images turned off on Netscape because it was just too damn slow with graphics turned on.

Singaporeair.com website testing was probably done on a PC sitting in the next room with fibre directly connected to the server with zero latency. Sure everything looks fine but it seems odd that no one guessed that those were not the real world network connections for their average online customer.

Unless the website users network connection and latency improves at least 10 fold or SQ changes the engine on their website, it will continue to be slow and unreliable.

Comment

Back on topic, and I've successfully completed a redemption booking in 5 mins, with only minimal errors and glitches. [Hint: Write/re-write/de-bug the code to capture KF number into booking at end of transaction. After all, the KF member has already obviously logged-in at the start of the transaction... ]

Well done SQ IT team! (And yes, that was said jokingly as well... )
                      Oh and btw, I received an e-mail with the heading Confirmation of your Singapore Airlines seat/meal. The only thing missing was the seat selection info and meal selection info...

Comment

Oh and btw, I received an e-mail with the heading Confirmation of your Singapore Airlines seat/meal. The only thing missing was the seat selection info and meal selection info...
                        You got THAT far?! I can't even make an award booking!

Comment

Me too, and it was blank also.... In fact I received 5 emails!!
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

It is still so slow it's beyond funny now and I couldn't help but laugh when entering my credit card number (for the third time) as I entered the number then watched with bemusement as each character then appears slowly over the next 5-10 seconds.
                            This is a very low-level coding issue. Most of the time this is caused by either a CPU that is terribly busy or bad connectivity between you and the system. Were you doing this via some wireless connection?

I managed to get myself a redemption ticket on Monday night (Singapore time) and I was fortunately enough not to have hit any of the problems listed here.

Comment

• Could this finally be the moment when it is fixed....

Scheduled Maintenance for singaporeair.com

Network Maintenance will be carried out between 1800hrs - 1810hrs GMT on 24 Sep 2011 (Singapore time 0200hrs - 0210 hrs on 25 September 2011)
                              Users will experience interruptions and slowness during this period.

KrisFlyer functionalities such as KrisFlyer Login, Online Redemption Booking will not be available between
                              1700hrs - 1830hrs GMT on 24 Sep 2011 (Singapore time 0100hrs - 0230 hrs on 25 September 2011)

We seek our customers' understanding.
                              ...although the last line of the first paragraph shows we probably won't notice any difference.

Comment

• Quote:
                                Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
                                Well knock me down with a feather, I have just logged in to check if some miles from a cancelled KF booking have been refunded and a screen has popped up titled 'Welcome to your personal PPS Club page', and....wait for it.....it says 'Current bookings' (on the same page !!). Not only that, but it actually shows the next three of my upcoming bookings.

Well, I am stunned. Could we finally be seeing the start of the website becoming useful again ?.
                                =========
                                I beheld this same wondrous scene recently. Once in a while, I clear all the cache memory on my computer (using CCleaner) and all browsing history, cookies etc are erased. When I got on SIA website and log-on, I got the screen described by MANFlyer above.

Unfortunately, it only appeared that once. Thereafter, its a different screen whenever I logon. Maybe the next time I clear all the caches again, this wondrous scene will appear.

Comment

Working...
                                X