The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    I *think* this is what we did: May have been previously logged in, but the system had already timed out but it doesn't show. We click on Manage Bookings and log in from the right bottom box, voila the bookings appear. Another is click on the Retrieve Booking tab and log in from there.

Don't really remember clearly, but that's the only way I can replicate it.
    Timing out will not be difficult when the website/booking info takes so long to load.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Well I have managed, just, to complete an award booking, but what hassle for what should (and used to be...) such a simple task. I had to re-enter the route three times and I could have made a cup of tea during the time it took to reload each time.
      I hear you. Same experience on this end. So being in SIN doesn't make it much faster

Also did you ever notice that when you check for award availability for a certain route and day it displays the results okay. Then you click on the next day / previous day tab and while the 'heading date' date on the selection changes, the date of the actual redemptions flights for which availability is shown does not move at all.

For example, I orgininally searched for 2 seats for Aug 13 2012 and when all showed waitlist I said next to jump to Aug 14 2012 which it did, but the flights displayed still had flight date of Aug 13.

Rubbish. Abysmal is still too mild for this lousy showing.

Comment

• Just looking at my booking screen and it appears that I have flights to and from Shanghai booked for 23-25 September 2012.

Problem is, I was in Shanghai on 23-25 September 2011.

Shambles really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
          Well knock me down with a feather, I have just logged in to check if some miles from a cancelled KF booking have been refunded and a screen has popped up titled 'Welcome to your personal PPS Club page', and....wait for it.....it says 'Current bookings' (on the same page !!). Not only that, but it actually shows the next three of my upcoming bookings.

Well, I am stunned. Could we finally be seeing the start of the website becoming useful again ?.
          =========
          I beheld this same wondrous scene recently. Once in a while, I clear all the cache memory on my computer (using CCleaner) and all browsing history, cookies etc are erased. When I got on SIA website and log-on, I got the screen described by MANFlyer above.

Unfortunately, it only appeared that once. Thereafter, its a different screen whenever I logon. Maybe the next time I clear all the caches again, this wondrous scene will appear.
          I have found this dashboard a very helpful start page for the website. I discovered that you can actually make this screen appear if you login from this url:

https://www.singaporeair.com/kfDashBoard.form

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
            Also did you ever notice that when you check for award availability for a certain route and day it displays the results okay. Then you click on the next day / previous day tab and while the 'heading date' date on the selection changes, the date of the actual redemptions flights for which availability is shown does not move at all.
            I nearly made a booking base don the incorrect data from this method. Pretty slack programming error me things and would be able to be resolved...amazing that it has taken.....4 months and still not resolved.

Is anyone else having problems loading the "My Bookings' page tonight? I want to cancel an existing booking and take advantage of the 50% discount on the same route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albatross710 View Post
              Is anyone else having problems loading the "My Bookings' page tonight? I want to cancel an existing booking and take advantage of the 50% discount on the same route.
              No joy here either. Mange Bookings won't load at all for me tonight.

Comment

• Folks, do we know if anyone from SQ is on this site and monitoring these posts? Surely there has to be someone within the airline and their IT department must be working on this?

I'm just happy I've worked out that dark grey text isn't the same as slightly dark grey text when it comes to trying to identify a link to my bookings. Pity the visually impaired, it is some sort of sick joke on SQ's part.

Comment

• Haven't been able to access a string of bookings online. Seems funny that management is telling the call centre operators to tell customers all kind of excuses such as " we are updating our system", "we are currently migrating the bookings into the new system", "the updates are getting more complicated and you should be able to access it online after a few hours".

SQ, what are you doing?!

Comment

• Haizzzz!!!
                    It's happened again...
                    My another 6 segments redemption booking gone missing partially...
                    Now I can only see the 2 last segment of the booking, the first four have gone missing...
                    Call KF, they also can see only the two last segments.
                    They investigated it, and and after quite a time, they came to me with this answer:
                    I accidentally canceled that flights when I made a seat request on that flights through the website.
                    The system on the website responded it as a cancellation order...

What the f**k....
                    How on earth I could cancel an over the phone redemption booking through the website?
                    And it's only part of the booking that I've cancelled...
                    This "new" website has infiltrate their booking system so deep... now it can cancel the booking partially...
                    And then, what made me more angry, the agent told me that she will try to fix it, but there's no guarantee that she can rectify all the flights that have been cancelled by the website/system...
                    What on earth she was talking about...
                    It was not my fault at the first time...
                    It was SQ's website/system fault...
                    I gave her a lengthy conversation and also gave her my other booking ref that had the same case like this....
                    Now from the website, I saw her made a new booking for my original itinerary... but still not succeed to grab the 2 middle segments....
                    Still wait for her call me for the result now....

Lesson to learn: Never touch your over the phone booking through the website... the website still full of booby traps!
                    It will give you a headache...

Comment

• I tried to do a Saver Award booking this afternoon. Despite putting in the requested departure point 5 times, it kept defaulting to London time and again. It finally kept the correct departure point and I got all the way through the booking process until it said right at the death it was unable to complete the booking and to call Krisflyer. Sick of the almost daily phone calls with KF recently I decided to try again later, and the seat is no longer available.

October, and it's still an absolute joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Sick of the almost daily phone calls with KF recently I decided to try again later, and the seat is no longer available.
                        That's what happened to me too. I called, complained and they opened a seat for me. Try it.

I find the site worse now. Last month, I was able to manage some of my bookings. Now I cannot even manage any. All returned errors. Sigh...

Comment

• Hi guys,
                          Was planning a trip to BOM, 14OCT on SQ 424 in Y and upon landing on the seatmap page, 9 middle seats were available on the map, all in separate rows. Is there a chance that SQ hasn't released these seats as yet which tends to often be the case or does this flight seem genuinely full? If the latter is true, I'll probably end up flying 9W for their slightly cheaper fare.
                          Thanks
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Booking Failure

I am trying to book tickets ex Indonesia on SQ.

Just after the enter passenger details screen, when you click continue to payment, it says System Error.

This is not a redemption booking. I am booking business class tickets and paying for them!

any ideas?

thanks

Chucksta

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                              I am trying to book tickets ex Indonesia on SQ.

Just after the enter passenger details screen, when you click continue to payment, it says System Error.

This is not a redemption booking. I am booking business class tickets and paying for them!

any ideas?

thanks

Chucksta
                              Vote with your wallet and use another airline, but email them and let them know the business they have lost.

I did this, still waiting a response.

SIA don't deserve your business with a website like this.

Comment

• KF Number 823 972 1865

Does this KF number belong to any of you?

When I went to the website today, the KF number had been pre entered

It's happened a few times

Comment

Working...
                                X