No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Center seems to get all the heat... Had to wait 8 minutes on the PPS line this afternoon for someone to pick up the phone... Haven't experienced that long of a waiting time for the last two years...

Comment

• i found the new checkin is a bit stupid. I check in for my 6pm flight on 27 may. most of aisle seat have been taken with the exception the seat assigned to me. i can't imagine this.

also after i did the check in, now i can no longer find my checking using my pasport number. such thing call improvement!!
      visit my blog

Comment

• Look at the bright side guys. My french has improved by leaps and bounds

Problems have made it onto the Straits Times today..

Comment

• This morning I woke up to find my flight SQ830 re-times. As a consequence all of my seat allocation for all flight segment disappeared, including meal selections. When I tried to select seats, all I get is "The seats selected appear to be invalid. Please check and try again."

Worst of all... I am now "Mrs".... I don't recall going through any surgeries when I holidayed in Bangkok!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            Look at the bright side guys. My french has improved by leaps and bounds
            So has mine..........

Originally posted by StrataCruiser View Post
            Worst of all... I am now "Mrs".... I don't recall going through any surgeries when I holidayed in Bangkok!!
            that's the thing about some of those surgery procedures - you're usually unaware it happened.

Back on topic: I've not visited the site for 2 days now, I need to change a booking, but I'm not going to until this website is sorted just in case I end up having a flight cancellation, alteration or worse, Bangkok Surgery.

Comment

• how to lodge a complain about the website?
              visit my blog

Comment

• Just tried to log in at 11am SIN time to check my KF balance, check on a possible redemption booking, trying to get a quote for a SQ C tix to AUH for a colleague ... and of course all of that did not work or the requests could not be completed. I tried several times but don't have all day for that nonsense given that the site takes 30-60sec to load each page locking up my browser every time not even allowing me to continue working in other tabs on other web sites.

All that on day 5 post-launch and I can't think of another instance of such a botched up go live. I don't like to say things like that lightly, but some of the people in charge need to get fired and it shouldn't be the little guys used as scapegoats.

Whoever signed off on this site for go-live as a program/project manager needs to seriously reassess the chosen career. Try the blo*dy thing out yourself before such an important event and they could have easily figured out that it was not ready and delayed the launch. No harm done as most folks didn't even know a new site was coming anyways, but now it is a disaster that will stick to people's minds. Talk about destroying brand value and reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  how to lodge a complain about the website?
                  On the website

Comment

• I see a damages case with the software supplier looming. Wonder who developed the web site.

SIA have moved the website from .Uk.

Comment

• hi all, this is my first post in this forum after long lobbying period in this interesting forum.
                      I had tried to redeem ticket from this new website, the UI design is terrible and not user friendly at all. As a web programmer before, I felt that their programmers just too lazy to do more coding to make it more user friendly..
                      worst thing is I can even login to my KF account now..

Comment

• At least SIA has a limitation of liablity clause for use of web site that does not work.

5.1 Subject to applicable law, under no circumstances, including negligence, will SIA be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, special or consequential damages that result from the access to, use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this Web Site, even if SIA or an SIA-authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SIA is also not liable nor responsible for any material provided by third parties with their own respective copyright and shall not under any circumstances, be liable for any loss, damages or injury arising from these materials. The total liability (if any) of SIA for all damages, losses, costs and expenses under whatever causes of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise will not exceed any amount paid by you for accessing this Web Site.

5.2 Any SIA publication may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be made to these publications from time to time and incorporated in new editions of these publications. At any time without notice, these publications are subject to improvements and changes in service by SIA.

5.3 The information contained in this website is for informational purposes only and is provided to you on an “as-is” basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, authenticity of completeness of any of the information contained on this website. We are not liable for any information or services which may appear on any linked websites.

Comment

• Now I can't even log in.

Just talked to the call center to make my redemption and my commercial bookings to TYO. Much easier and much more secured.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                            Now I can't even log in.

Just talked to the call center to make my redemption and my commercial bookings to TYO. Much easier and much more secured.
                            Me too. Cannot login since yesterday. I hope that means they are working now to fix the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                              Now I can't even log in.

Do they grant you the 15% online discount for your redemption? I surely hope so given the disaster they have on their hands.

Comment

• Can't book multi-city BNE-SIN-BKK-SIN-BNE/AU: "try again later"

This is surely costing them ticket sales. Big column in today's Straits Times about the botched website launch also.

Comment

Working...
                                X