No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Spiel on the new web site. Its desgined to be "more intuitive, making it easier for customers to find the information they need."

INTRODUCING THE NEW SINGAPOREAIR.COM

Singapore Airlines is proud to present its revamped website singaporeair.com.

The new singaporeair.com introduces streamlined commercial and redemption bookings including a single payment for all the contents of a shopping cart, a graphical interface to construct complex itineraries and a KrisFlyer Dashboard to present at a glance the complete information of the member’s personal account information.

The website has been designed to be more intuitive, making it easier for customers to find the information they need. With a host of new navigation and support features, the website also promises a much improved and pleasant experience for all users.

For the new and improved online Singapore Airlines experience, explore www.singaporeair.com today.

Comment

• One "improvement" ( or glitch) I found:
      On 3 of my upcoming bookings, I put down my partner's name as 'First Name, Surname' and totally forgot about about the 'Middle Name'. On the old SQ site, I could not link the flight records to my partner's KF number due to name mismatch. And SQ Melbourne office wanted to charge me $120 per booking to modify the name record...

On the new site, it allowed me to link the booking with my partner's KF without any whimper or error message.

I still have problem with 'selecting' my gender, and set my date of birth to something other than 1/1/2011. I believe I am slightly older than 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by 225 View Post
        There is a website feedback page I used last night..

https://www.singaporeair.com/websiteFeedBack.form

Is it me or has the middle bit got wider this morning compared to last night?

I shot a feedback yday noon after the negative experiences on the new website. Then again, I don't know if they'll receive it cos of the numerous bugs on the new website

Till now I don't even dare to login to check my upcoming bookings and they better not mess up my points!

Comment

• I also dropped a note on the many issues I encountered. They need to know how badly executed this was. Heck I'm trying a redemption booking and suddenly I'm on a French version of the site on a totally different section mind you.

As a thought, if they enhanced the booking function for revenue tickets why not enable double open jaw for a rewards 'roundtrip' booking? I would have liked something like SIN-FRA outbound and FCO-SIN(stop)-CGK but you can only do that via two one ways meaning you loose the stopover possibility on a C Saver award. Doing it through the call center would mean loosing the 15% online discount which makes a difference when you book for 2 pax.
          Last edited by demue; 23 May 2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• They should show the seatmaps with which seats taken and which seats available, not just the aircraft configuration, just like United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways, ANA's website. You can see which seats are taken before booking.
            Last edited by vsepr; 23 May 2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• SQ might be in trouble soon with the labour department. Looks like they've been hiring underaged teenagers to do work, if the website is anything to go by.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                SQ might be in trouble soon with the labour department. Looks like they've been hiring underaged teenagers to do work, if the website is anything to go by.
                Not if they were "work experience" intern types they wouldn't

Comment

• Gawd. Just embarrassing. I hope the lurkers are taking notes.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• I just received this reply. The page formatting below is exactly as received, suggesting that they cannot even get basic e-mail formatting correct...

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused as we are
                    currently experiencing technical difficulties on our website.

We appreciate your feedback on the design and functionality of our website.
                    We
                    will review these with our project team to fine tune and further improve
                    our
                    website. We hope you will bear with us.

For urgent matters, you may call our Singapore contact centre at +65 6223
                    for assistance.

If you are outside Singapore, you may wish to contact our other
                    reservations
                    office.

May we refer you to our website at www.singaporeair.com and click on
                    "Contact
                    Us" for the telephone numbers of our offices worldwide.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxx
                    for Customer Affairs Manager

Comment

• Nice one. Professional looking no?

Comment

• The number of bugs is stunning, the relaunch not worth the money spent. They will have to do a lot of work to get this back on track.

Comment

• Seats (C or F) with bassinet are all blocked

Comment

• Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                            Not really a fan of the new site, the only advantage I can see is that they now allow you to do seat selection before payment. Did a booking today on the new site got errors twice when submitting credit card details, got a conformation email on the second try even though it went to an error page after I clicked "Proceed With Payment".
                            They have Double charged my credit card, when I log in my Krisflyer account my booking ref is there but I when I click "View & Manage" it comes up with this error message "We are unable to find this PNR / ticket number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information." . Same message comes up when I manually type in the booking ref & surname, Not happy SIA

Comment

• Good golly, SQ seems to be intent on turning this website into it's very own Nancy-Bird Walton event...

Comment

• I like the color changes, but not the fonts. And the dropdown menus remind me of another airline's website, although I can't recall which now.

Comment

Working...
                                X