No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too sure what I'm doing wrong, have booked and paid for my recent BNE-SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN-BNE flights via the website without one glitch - even accepted my A3 number as well and points credited within 24hrs.

What am I doing wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Does SQ even care about these postings?
      Even if their senior management does not, I'm sure some shareholder would. In fact I might just turn up at the 2012 AGM.

Comment

• T1...

------ SMS ------
        Received: Dec xx, 2011 5:15 AM

SQFltInfo - Dear MR MILEHIGHJ, you are booked on SQ333 departing on xx Dec 2011 1100hrs, from Paris (CDG) to Singapore (SIN) (T1). To check-in please reply with Yxxxxx only.

Comment

• They probably meant CDG T1. Still, a mistake that shouldn't have been made.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          T1...

------ SMS ------
          Received: Dec xx, 2011 5:15 AM

SQFltInfo - Dear MR MILEHIGHJ, you are booked on SQ333 departing on xx Dec 2011 1100hrs, from Paris (CDG) to Singapore (SIN) (T1). To check-in please reply with Yxxxxx only.

Comment

• its incredible that for a large company to have its imprtant website still plague with pronlems and issue after 6 months of implementing the new reservation system. What has SQ top management doing abt this and what timeframe to sort out all the bugs. Just look at SQ fb to see complaints on its wesbite. This is almost inexcusable - even compared to a LCC system which was upgraded last year and they dont have the kind of bigs that SQ have.

Comment

• For the last 2 months, my experience with the website had been generally fine - can check account statement, can book flights. No major hitch, except that the website remains slow. And when after doing a booking, I try to make a seat selection, the website will always say that the booking does not exist. I've to close the window, go back in and then it will work. But these are relatively minor, tolerable stuffs.

But the last 2 days, I'm starting to experience problems. I could not make any flight bookings yesterday. Somehow after inputting the place/date of travel, the website shows a square box with a "spinning arrow" as it tries to find the relevant flights ... and spins and spins until timeout and I get an error message. Mind you, I even tried making the booking on Singapore Airline's own computers (I was at SKL T3 and Private Room lounge) yesterday and got the same problem.

Today, the problem persisted. This time, I tried it from SKL T2's computers.

And when I try retrieving my statement of activity, it now says "You have no transactions".

Not sure if the system is getting from very bad to bad to ... very bad again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                And when I try retrieving my statement of activity, it now says "You have no transactions".

Not sure if the system is getting from very bad to bad to ... very bad again.
                Ah! It happened to me today! Make sure your date filter is set to ALL instead of the default "Recent Activity (since last statement period)". They issued the statements this morning ...

Comment

• Website doesn't allow me to select my seat for my flight to Melbourne in March...

Comment

• endless issue.. when will they resolve all the issue?
                    Latest message from thier facebook page..

"Singapore Airlines
                    Singapore Airlines would like to inform customers that our website is currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Our web team is looking to resolve the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Comment

• Can anyone please confirm whether or not it is safe to use the online check-in option on Singapore Airlines' website, or is it better simply to check-in at the airport (albeit there might be fewer seats available to choose from by that time)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comment

• All of a sudden Krisflyer sends me an e-mail regarding a call I apparently had with them asking what my KF number was including steps about how to change my pin code.

This is rather worrying as it would appear someone other than myself has potentially seen my KF account/related settings and possibly tried to mess with my settings/hijack my account. No good, not good at all.

And no, I didn't call KF regarding this at all as I haven't been in SIN for the most part of the weekend

Comment

• When I access the website from our intranet, I always get Houston as home address. Then, every booking has to be repeated as the first try always gets bumped back to the original site...
                          It's still a huge disaster and anybody who does not believe that it causes losses for SQ (even if only 5 percent really give up and go to Qantas, LH or elsewhere), is deluded. Unfortunately, even this does not stop SQ riding high. Well, the next flights to Australia are booked via the Arabs (cheaper, better kids service and best of all, working websites :-)!).

Comment

• Time to ask once again: When is someone, other than some junior fall guy, going to get fired for this?

Comment

• I dunno what the fuss is all about. @SingaporeAir wrote on Twitter: "The technical difficulties experienced on our website earlier on 8 Jan have been resolved. We thank our customers for their patience."

Everything is resolved. Right.

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                                I dunno what the fuss is all about. @SingaporeAir wrote on Twitter: "The technical difficulties experienced on our website earlier on 8 Jan have been resolved. We thank our customers for their patience."

Everything is resolved. Right.
                                Yup, I was trying to price an award flight earlier today and was unable to get to the final confirmation page. Works fine right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X