The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    I've developed websites myself single-handedly so I know it's not always as easy as this but.....
    .... Did nobody keep a back-up copy of the old site???
    Supposedly underlying BDs and so forth changed so no way of rolling back.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
      Supposedly underlying BDs and so forth changed so no way of rolling back.
      The old version booking engine and UI are still operational under SQCorporate.com (at least it is in ID).

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        The old version booking engine and UI are still operational under SQCorporate.com (at least it is in ID).
        You can still view the old version on SQcorporate.com on most countries. Seeing that grey/silver banner at the top with the logo serves as a reminder of the good old days, when you could actually use the website.

Comment

• 2 pax Biz Saver redemption went thru perfectly without a glitch. Seats selected.

Then 2 mins later confirmation e-mail arrives and seats selection is all messed up.

Comment

• the SQ staff says not rolling back to old website was due to incomplete itin of new bookings since the new website was launched, as some itin were partially traveled. this is illogical to me - if they could port the data from old to new website, they could do the reverse...and in the worst case scenario, they could manually key it in.

as it stands now, the new website problems is now more than 8 months old and the last few days have seen a hefty spike in down time and booking problems encountered. I am sure they don't need 8 months to manually key in the new data back to the old website.

it is a matter of political will - to roll back the old website or not, and then have to decide who to sack for the whole website fiasco that even other airlines talk about

Comment

• Let's compare it to Cathay's upgrade next week and see if that also comes with problems then we'll know how to rank them

Comment

• Or LH's Miles and More upgrade. But why do I have the feeling a ****up there will not last as long, even if there is one.

Comment

• Site timed out while in middle of paying

Was booking a set of tickets for family SIN-HKG-SIN, and had gotten to the payment page, filled in the details and pressed submit. Got message saying that the session had timed out, and was dumped.

Unbelievable. Couldn't tell if the tickets had been booked or if the payment was taken.

Luckily a confirmation email came in with the booking reference (since you can't find a booked flight without it if you are not one of the passengers)

Seriously.

8 months.

This has gone from annoyance, to anger, to just embarrassment that our flag carrier is in this condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ999 View Post
                    ....the whole website fiasco that even other airlines talk about
                    SQ999, I love this statement that you made.

Comment

• SIA reports 53% drop in Q3 net profit

I wonder how much if the site's problems accounted for.....

The airline, considered a bellwether for the industry, said net profit in the three months to December fell to S$135.2 million from S$288.3 million.
                      as reported.

"Forward bookings continue to show signs of weakness in the final quarter of the financial year due to uncertainty in the global economy and the protracted eurozone debt crisis," it said.
                      SIA point to fuel pricing at 40% of their expenditure as being the biggest problem but certainly booking will be weak if people have problem actually making the booking! Revenue was 1% higher based most likely on higher fares and not bums in seats.

Passing the buck-of-cost of some 777 to Scoot will surely help so long as their website actually works. SQ need to be more competitive in their pricing and have a working sales outlet.

Comment

• If people could actually buy tickets, they'd probably be making much more money.

Comment

• My parents are booked for MEL-SIN-CDG and return, flying out in May. I said I would help them select seats, so I called up their booking on the website.

This itself was pointless as it informed us that every seat in Y on an A380 was occupied on all sectors (highly unlikely). I suspect this was because they made their booking via an agent using a lot of redemption points earned through business transactions so they don't get the option even though they can actually see the seat selection screens.

Then I noticed something quite bizarre. On their printed copy from the agent they had the four flight sectors as described above. On the SQ website there was a fifth flight. Between their arrival and departure from CDG was an additional one-way flight from DOH to CDG on Qatar Airways.

Anybody want a free flight from Qatar to France? My parents didn't pay for it and they have no plans to turn up in Doha to occupy the seats.

Comment

• Three attempts to book a simple return tonight, although it didn't fail at seat selection this time, so something has been fixed at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabelais View Post
                              Or LH's Miles and More upgrade. But why do I have the feeling a ****up there will not last as long, even if there is one.
                              Actually the LH website's front end was recently revamped around the same time as SQ's site - a few months before iirc. no glitches nothing, just one day it was the old site the next day the new site. Typically German, but THAT is how a website roll out should be!

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                If people could actually buy tickets, they'd probably be making much more money.
                                I thought SQ didn't want money the way they've been trying their damnedest to prevent people giving it to them.

On a side note: OLCI is not working for me tonight....... Then again, they've managed my expectations to such a low level that I'm not too bothered honestly

Comment

Working...
                                X