The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
    I think the 'multi-city' definition appears to be a very loose term for some...
    On the old website there was never ever a problem booking flights like I described above, I have done it for various destinations over many many years and always booked first time.

Now that the website has been greatly enhanced it seems it cannot handle the simple requests it once could.

I have just checked again and it has now given me flights and prices, amazing. I'll see how doing an actual booking goes very soon and report back.

Comment

• Currently on their FB page:
      Singapore Airlines would like to inform customers that our website is currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Our web team is looking to resolve the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You draw your own conclusions....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
        I have two trips mid year that will be multi-legs, ie MEL-HKG BKK-MEL.

Anyone tried to book multi-leg trips since the website has changed?????

I have been trying to get my flights for a few weeks now, system error continually comes up after the system searches for my flights.

Why have this option on the website if it never works???

I'll be giving it another week and then moving onto TG once again. There is no way I'm ringing begging for a price, if they can't fix their system I will reluctently continue to fly with their opposition.
        I didn't have any difficulties making a MEL-BCN / MUC-MEL booking. Everything processed ok and I got a reasonable price.

It did annoy me though that because it was an open-jaw booking that I didn't receive any of their promotional offer conditions. If I'd booked MEL-MUC or MEL-BCN return I'd have gotten a free upgrade to 30kg baggage allowance and a couple of other advantages.

Also, there's no possibility of redeeming any miles on a multi-city booking. Not sure if that's part of the restrictive rules imposed or just another website shortcoming. I'm convinced that FF programs are designed to be so complicated and frustrating that they make most customers give up trying to get anything out of them.

Comment

• I have 2 bookings in F to LHR and AMS.

They appear as Y on MI website.

Quickly printed hard copy from SQ website!

Comment

• Yay...the website still has its quirks.

Trying to check in for a flight....it's eligible for check in considering it gives me "open to check in" status and the check in button. However, click on the button and it comes back to say "this flight isn't open for check in yet"

Logout, log back in, and then it says you have no flights eligible for check in.

Confused much?
            blog

Comment

• I am very glad to be flying with SQ later on March.

However, there is one thing that make me quite unhappy, which is the website:

I forgot to quote my KrisFlyer membership number when I did my reservation. As I was afraid that later the staff would not find my KrisFlyer membership information upon check-in, I tried to change the booking details and added my KrisFlyer membership number from the "manage my booking" part on the website. The website said that the system has successfully updated my booking and recorded my KrisFlyer membership number. However, when I checked back a few days later, the frequent flyer information under my booking was blank. So I typed in my Krisflyer membership information again, and once again the website confirmed the changes to my booking. A few days later when I checked my booking, my frequent flyer information has gone again.

Any advice of what I should do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendousjeff View Post
                I am very glad to be flying with SQ later on March.

However, there is one thing that make me quite unhappy, which is the website:

I forgot to quote my KrisFlyer membership number when I did my reservation. As I was afraid that later the staff would not find my KrisFlyer membership information upon check-in, I tried to change the booking details and added my KrisFlyer membership number from the "manage my booking" part on the website. The website said that the system has successfully updated my booking and recorded my KrisFlyer membership number. However, when I checked back a few days later, the frequent flyer information under my booking was blank. So I typed in my Krisflyer membership information again, and once again the website confirmed the changes to my booking. A few days later when I checked my booking, my frequent flyer information has gone again.

Any advice of what I should do?
                Just make sure they have your Krisflyer number when you check-in and bring it along at check-in.

Comment

• I wish they will make the website more iPad friendly soon.
                  The drop-down menus are impossible to handle on iPads.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                    I have just checked again and it has now given me flights and prices, amazing. I'll see how doing an actual booking goes very soon and report back.
                    All booked and paid, I think.

Maybe after nearly 12 months they are getting somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      I wish they will make the website more iPad friendly soon.
                      The drop-down menus are impossible to handle on iPads.
                      So long as the iPad does not support flash,and SQ continues to use some, it will not be completely compatible. For instance I have a hard time selecting seats using my iPad. Sigh.

Comment

• Last week for my flights up to KL and back I again gave up fighting with it and booked on silkair.com. All done and dusted in a couple of minutes.

Maybe they should emply the people who did the MI website to sort it out ?.

Comment

• Not sure if this is related to the site but it is possible if you consider the systems that run in the backend... my sister just got an sms telling her about her waitlisted flight to Ichenon. The thing is though... she made no booking on SQ in a year!

Comment

• I have just given 10.000 SGD of business to another carrier as I was not able to do a multi-segmented booking. Sorry SQ, you have to try harder.

Comment

• Can't cancel several waitlisted bookings that have became confirmed...
                              And it's been weeks past due the confirmed bookings' time limit...
                              And they're not auto cancelled like before, before this great new website in action...
                              Can't release those seats for the one who need them...
                              It's January 2012 now, but the problems are still there...
                              Haizzz...!!! What do those dumb-heads do over there???
                              Miss that good ol' website...

Comment

• So I'mTRYING to change a redemption booking date as I type this and it gives me this:

We apologise that we are unable to check you in as you have not cleared the visa requirements of the country that you are visiting. Please proceed to check-in at the airport.
                                EXCUSE ME! I'm changing a date NOT checking in..........Good Grief....

Comment

Working...
                                X