No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Everyone buy 1 SIA share and let's organise the next SQT DO at the SIA AGM, and we can have a ball roasting the Board of Directors about website glitches...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
      Can't cancel several waitlisted bookings that have became confirmed...
      And it's been weeks past due the confirmed bookings' time limit...
      And they're not auto cancelled like before, before this great new website in action...
      Can't release those seats for the one who need them...
      It's January 2012 now, but the problems are still there...
      Haizzz...!!! What do those dumb-heads do over there???
      Miss that good ol' website...
      Lucky you, i had my confirmed + waitlist redemption booking (50% offer) went missing 3 days before the issuing deadline......

Comment

• This is beyond farcical now, they should be ashamed of themselves. How long ago was it the CEO released that apology ?. And it's still not right.

At over 50 pages, 800 posts and 80,000 views this is now one of the biggest threads we have had on here, which tells it's own story.

Comment

• Tried to cancel a redemption online, got Internal Server Error.

Comment

• This is beyond farcical now, they should be ashamed of themselves. How long ago was it the CEO released that apology ?. And it's still not right.

At over 50 pages, 800 posts and 80,000 views this is now one of the biggest threads we have had on here, which tells it's own story.
            The unfunny thing is the tin ears and lack of proper communication skills the responsible persons seem to have. There is a reason I did NOT invest into SIA shares. It must be hurting them practically on all levels and they just go on. Unbelievable.

I got thrown out again today for a simple booking. I am fed up. I will go over the travel department and wear down their hotline. If there would be viable competition from Singapore, they would be toast already.

Comment

• Is it me or is the website practically unusable on the iPad? Either it crashes when I'm trying to load the homepage, or the booking engine won't let me key in the details.

I hope they're aware that AirAsia's website is miles ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                Is it me or is the website practically unusable on the iPad? Either it crashes when I'm trying to load the homepage, or the booking engine won't let me key in the details.

I hope they're aware that AirAsia's website is miles ahead.
                I have mostly no issues on the iPad except choosing seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  I have mostly no issues on the iPad except choosing seats.
                  I'm leaving LHR on 1815h flight. Tried online check in but the "flight is not ready to check in"!

Two days ago received email asking me to check in. Tried but apparently no flight eligible to check in

Comment

• I got the same thing to/from SIN/JFK. Tried on SQ website. Failed. Also tried to do it by sms. Also failed. :S

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I got the same thing to/from SIN/JFK. Tried on SQ website. Failed. Also tried to do it by sms. Also failed. :S
                      I wonder if those who missed the oppurtunity to select their seats will give the check-in agents a hard time
                      Last edited by SilverChris; 29 January 2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Trying to add pax details for USA flight. I can enter for first pax all fine. Then I go to the second pax and get 'Internal Server error 500'. Okay log out, close browser, try again and same issue. Shut down and try again a few hours later and ... of course still the same issue. What pile of garbage that site is. Soooo embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Is it me or is the website practically unusable on the iPad? Either it crashes when I'm trying to load the homepage, or the booking engine won't let me key in the details.

I can't use it on my Android tablet certainly....... the drop down box for picking departure / return month pops down briefly then disappears. The only way it works is by typing in the month in full then the year, and half the time then it kicks me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                            I can't use it on my Android tablet certainly....... the drop down box for picking departure / return month pops down briefly then disappears. The only way it works is by typing in the month in full then the year, and half the time then it kicks me out.
                            Exactly the problem I'm facing. The iPhone app won't let me book either.
                            Last edited by SilverChris; 30 January 2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Update of Website Fixes

An email from SQ today,

Are they serious?

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email reply and we apologize with the delay in response to your feedback with regards to our website.

Regrettably at this point we are unable to commit to a timeframe for the website to be fixed.

We understand that you were unable to manage your bookings online and you were also unable to proceed with the online check in for your flights.

Mr XXX we seek your kind understanding while the rectification of our website is still in progress. Thank you once again for your kind feedback.

Comment

• I've developed websites myself single-handedly so I know it's not always as easy as this but.....
                                .... Did nobody keep a back-up copy of the old site???

Comment

Working...
                                X