No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it just me, or did the SQ site just blank out just a few moments ago?
    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
      is it just me, or did the SQ site just blank out just a few moments ago?
      It must have died from embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Concorde View Post
        It must have died from embarrassment.
        LOL!
        I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

What an embarrassing launch. Have they ever heard of testing? Whoever did this development and relaunch whether SQ IT and/ or some consulting firm should not be allowed to do this kind of work ever again. Usability issues left right and center and even if they get it to work as intended I doubt the new design will excite too many folks.

Plus to take the new site down for maintenance is fine if such problems surface, but how about a roll back to the old functionality for the time being? Looking at the reported issues this is not something they can fix in a few hours so what gives? Amateurs, blo*y amateurs ...

Comment

Site just went into "We are currently facing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com and are working to rectify the problem" mode.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

The website is a bit slow, you click the icon and have to wait a while before what you want shows.

Now you can generated PDF version of your e-ticket to download with letterhead instead of printing it in PDF version.

At least now they show the seatmap of the aircraft type when you do a booking. Eg, when you click B777-200, only 1 seatmap shows and not all the various kinds of B777-200 seatmap, so you do not have to call reservations to check the seat configuration.

Now the taxes are listed in breakdown. Last time only breakdown in airport charges and fuel surcharge. Now the various items are listed out such as security tax etc.

Now:
              Airport Security Charge EUR 6.54
              Air Transport Tax EUR 45.00
              Passenger Service Charge - Intl. EUR 29.09
              Airline Fuel and Insurance Surcharge EUR 113.92
              Ticket amount: EUR 194.55

Last time was:
              Airport/Government Taxes $ 80.63
              Carrier Surcharges $ 113.92

Total tax and surcharges $ EUR 194.55

Comment

Error 404--Not Found
                the site s completely disappear for me...poor SQ

Comment

Hey guys,

SQ website is finally up

BUT tried to make a booking,, result = failed

and they showed me this

Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.
                  You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines office should you require urgent assistance.
                  Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
                  Singapore Airlines

Comment

I actually think the new website looks quite chic... however, having said that, the new website may be overloading the backend by trying to do too much on one page (might just be poor information design leading to the database being hammered) hence going into periodic meltdown.

Comment

IMO the layout isn't good, but at least it has a bit more colour now. Makes me wonder why they wanted the fancy fonts.

Don't know if this is a bug or something, but when I tried the booking engine, it gave me a hard time typing in the origin and destination.

Bottom line: Not impressed.

Comment

Can't even access the site from the hotel or the airport lounge. Awesome stuff.

Comment

Cannot access in Germany...

Ok, got in, but it is in German and there is no link to English page?
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

worst still..

was surfing the SQ.com.. till half way waiting for the page to load.. everything turned in french

hahaha

Comment

I will forgive them the absurdity of going live with this POS if I can find some new fare glitches...

Comment

Originally posted by KeViN View Post
                                Error 404--Not Found
                                the site s completely disappear for me...poor SQ
                                This is what I'm getting here in Bangkok. Haven't even seen the new layout yet.

This is very poor for an orgnisation such as SQ, which never misses an opportunity to remind people how good they usually are.

The all new singaporeair.com, a website beyond access.

Comment

Working...
                                X