No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer science class is looking to use SQ's website as a potential case study for online services mismanagement.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Had a taste of the new webite last evening when I booked a return flight to Hong Kong for the family. Processing is slower than the old site and you can't make amendments to names after you have moved to the next page.

I encountered some problems along the way. Chose a child meal for my daughter and got an email acknowledgement. However, when I checked the meals later on it does not reflect my choice. I am also told I am not allowed to make changes to my booking even though my is a 'Flexi Saver 2 to go' fare which allows changes to the itinerary. Perhaps someone can answer my 2 questions.

Comment

• Made a multiple city J-class booking recently.

Selected flights, clicked continue, got an error message like one cited on a previous post under this thread. Unfazed, I went back to the homepage, and repeated the process and got as far as the payment screen when a "session timing out" message appeared. I just clicked Continue and was able to process the booking successfully.

Fingers crossed, will be making an F-class booking in a few days and hope it will turn out fine like this last one.
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• From May until today I tried every day to see the details of my booking, but until now without success.
          If I am releasing a new IT-project and (even after extensive testing) an error does appear, I do not need (nor can I permit me) 3 months to correct this error.

Nobody seems to known what is really happening behind the scenes and what they are doing to solve this website problem.
          I think that they are rewriting a complete new version of the website, and one day they will release it.
          Otherwise I can not explain why after 3 months this website still does not work as it should be.

The most frustrating part of this website issue for me is the lack of information.
          Can SIA not inform us about the progress they are making in solving the problem ?
          Now we have to connect to the website and try and guess if it is working correctly.

Some members of the SQtalk-forum apparently have all kind of (inside) information about future routes, future plane swapping etc. but none has more information regarding the website problem.
          Isn't here someone who is close to SIA or knows someone at SIA who can provide us with more information ?

Comment

• Well knock me down with a feather, I have just logged in to check if some miles from a cancelled KF booking have been refunded and a screen has popped up titled 'Welcome to your personal PPS Club page', and....wait for it.....it says 'Current bookings' (on the same page !!). Not only that, but it actually shows the next three of my upcoming bookings.

Well, I am stunned. Could we finally be seeing the start of the website becoming useful again ?.

Comment

• Yes, I saw that too, when I checked my upcoming flight to EWR. Much better than having to click on the "Manage your bookings" option.

Only issue I have is that it didn't sort my upcoming booking chronologically (ok, nitty picky).

But indeed a re-freshing change. Hope we'll see more nice surprises soon (won't be too difficult when our expectations are now so low).

Comment

• I have just completed the online feedback form under the KrisFlyer Section to enquire what will happen to my miles that should already have been posted to my account from a flight I did in the last week.

My outbound flight with Tier Bonus is posted already but the return not yet.

I was boarded on SQ861 from HGK that got de-planed and cancelled. We were re-scheduled on UA895. I even wonder if I can claim from SQ for lack of food and no PTV given the service difference.

Long Story Short..... mileage not posted yet and I might have to remind them about the tier bonus (we were boarded afterall) but on the Feedback section it asks to enter the flight date and number. Given this is a Feedback form, the dates are not back dateable.

Comment

• Anyone come across this problem before?
                  Also did 3 bookings over the weekend selected the seats I wanted but when I managed my bookings about half of the seat selections have dissapeared.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    'Welcome to your personal PPS Club page', and....wait for it.....it says 'Current bookings' (on the same page !!). Not only that, but it actually shows the next three of my upcoming booking
                    Ok, I see it now. After logging in on the homepage, I clicked on PPS Club and it does show my next couple of bookings on SQ.

Clicking on view and manage, I could access the full flight record, but it's still not allowing me to make any changes to my flights in spite of the fare rules saying changes were allowed. Previously, on the old web page, one could make initiate changes to any pre-departure itinerary/fully unused ticket provided the fare rules allowed for it.
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Trying to change my seat and book the cook just now and got this one:
                      A system error has occurred. Please try again.

(GbfSTm!1180134498)

Comment

• Another problem :
                        When the trip is multi-segment and I've only selected seats for some of the segments, then for some strange reason, the seats selected shown become jumbled up. As a result, one of the First Class segment is showing a Business Class seat on line. But I know its an error because I confirmed the actual seating with the call centre. So just take the seats shown online as a guide, not something definitive.

Comment

• Fail on upgrade

Tried to book an upgrade for a booking today. Was pleasantly surprised to see the dialogue was there and actually allowed me to select the upgrade award. Unfortunately, it was just teasing - when clicking on Next to actually book the reward, got the dreaded System Error.

Tried again with the same result.

Called Solitaire PPS line. 6 minutes on hold, then one agent, put on hold, transferred to another agent who did the award.

Have now received six (6) SMS alerts and six (6) email alerts for this flight segment in the last 10 hours.

wow.

Comment

• Go to their facebook page, they are not deleting criticism or posts about website issues. At least that way criticism will reach its target audience, and hopefully get more feedback from SIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                              Another problem :
                              When the trip is multi-segment and I've only selected seats for some of the segments, then for some strange reason, the seats selected shown become jumbled up. As a result, one of the First Class segment is showing a Business Class seat on line. But I know its an error because I confirmed the actual seating with the call centre. So just take the seats shown online as a guide, not something definitive.
                              As far as I have come to understand the website has issues with mix class bookings displaying correctly. That may be what you are experiencing. I had a Biz-Biz-Eco booking and it showed my two Biz sectors as Eco and the Eco sector as Biz. Go figure.

Comment

• For 2 months when I tried manage booking I got "system error". Now I get a retrieve booking window but still none of my 4 SQ bookings come up. It is now 3 months since I have been able to check my bookings. If I have a problem I am not going to know until check-in. I have been SQ Gold for 7 years but have now lost confidence in booking on the website.

Does anyone know what the solution is - how do you check your bookings are OK?

Comment

Working...
                                X