No announcement yet.

Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well being an EG for a quite a while till recently i found that clearing waitlists wasnt too big of a deal - as others have metioned they used to clear them either quite quickly or a wait till a week or two before the flight - i guess its when there closer to confirming the actual amount of passengers travelling

Comment

• Wasn't too hard as a mere *G either. My shortest time ever was 30 mins. Then again my then TA probably had a good relationship with the seat controllers.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        !!! I trust that was meant with sarcasm. As far as I'm concerned, the only major benefit of PPS is clearing waitlists. I don't believe that KF Gold does that.
        Not in the slightest I'm afraid. As you can see above, KF Gold was good for clearing waitlists and in the last year or so as a PPS I have noticed a drastic change in clearing waitlists. It used to be almost immediate, now it takes a lot longer if at all. A number of TPP's have said the same.

The only benefit of PPS over KF Gold from 1 September is you can access the SKL Raffles side. But anyone flying SQ for the very first time in J on an award ticket can get in there as well and to be honest the lounge for KF Golds is pretty decent now anyway. At least it's got windows.

Still, PPS will then be 'more exclusive', apparently...
        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 18 July 2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• I think zvezda's point as made elsewhere is presumably (but we shall see) that clearing waitlists will become easier than KF EG once the PPS ranks are culled...

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I think zvezda's point as made elsewhere is presumably (but we shall see) that clearing waitlists will become easier than KF EG once the PPS ranks are culled...
            Apologies. I'm unable to second guess people when that's not what they say.

It's not so much the PPS numbers that have been stopping waitlists clearing as on the ones I've been waiting for there have usually been no other PPS waiting. It's a combination of the flights being bl**dy busy and a noticeable change in them wanting to clear them.

It's the load factors that are giving them the confidence to behave like they have over the last year or so. I just hope they stay that way for their sake.
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 20 July 2007, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• 1 September 2007 after 10pm

Dear SQ Lurker,
              Here are the report from a friend.
              10:37pm Oh dear, raffles lounge is horrendous. Nowhere to sit! Lots standing!

11:01pm It's terrible. Every seat taken and about 15 people STOOD around the bar watching football
              In the contrary, this morning SKL F section was not busy. And I must say it was very empty comparing to the usual Saturday in the past few months.

Will give another report tomorrow and the next day!

Comment

• 2 September 2007

Now it's about 10 pm.

SKL F is not as crowded as it used to be. Still has many seats unoccupied.

SKL C is more crowded, but no line yet.

Comment

• Well, this PPS (for now anyway) is happily sitting in a SIN F lounge at the moment despite not flying F. And has access to a J lounge even if not flying this alliance (so at least I can get a seat here if taking SQ J and the SKL J is rammed solid. )

Taking away the SKL J/F "anytime access" for QPP/TPP sucks.
                  Last edited by jhm; 2 September 2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Well, good for you Mr. BA Gold.
                    Sorry to miss your PM last night. Otherwise, I would ask you to guest me at T1 since I was lonely in a sparsely empty SKL F.

Comment

Well, this PPS (for now anyway) is happily sitting in a SIN F lounge at the moment despite not flying F. And has access to a J lounge even if not flying this alliance (so at least I can get a seat here if taking SQ J and the SKL J is rammed solid. )
                      Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Well, good for you Mr. BA Gold.
                      There was more to my story! I arrived at the gate last night, the machine rejected my BP, the agent looked at it, "We've had to change your seat" and he crossed out 10A and replaced it with 1A. My first ever op-up!

Comment

"We've had to change your seat" and he crossed out 10A and replaced it with 1A. My first ever op-up!
                        Congrats, mate!
                        I can't remember - was this SQ or BA?
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          I can't remember - was this SQ or BA?
                          BA16 from SIN.

I also tried for the first time new CW going out and save for the floppy bed and wobbly tray table, I actually prefer it to F. Sat in 62K, there's nothing around the foot stool so lying down, your feet are not restricted in any direction. (The AVOD didn't crash and the foot stool only collapsed once.)

I guess I must have looked a very happy camper as I got asked to fill in a survey form on both my BA flight and also my CX flight yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            I was lonely in a sparsely empty SKL F.
                            Dear SQ lurker / management,

Please could you consider changing the PPS system back again? CGK, your number one loyal customer and first-and-only-LPP-in-Canada, is LONELY in the F section, and this simply won't do!

Yours etc.

Comment

• I saw this which I thought was a bit cheeky!

The PPS Club : A Higher Level of Exclusivity

Although several aspects of the PPS Club have changed, the core purpose of the PPS Club remains unchanged: recognition for our loyal customers who travel frequently in First and/or Business Class on Singapore Airlines and/or SilkAir.
                              PPS Club members will continue to enjoy preferential treatment and exclusive service of PPS Cub membership. Most of the privileges of PPS Club membership have remained unchanged.

And our Solitaire PPS Club members will continue to be accorded the highest level of service and privileges that only the highest and most exclusive status of membership can bring.

We would like to thank all of our loyal members for their continued support and we look forward to providing a higher level of service in the years to come.

Welcome to a more exclusive PPS Club.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...ws/news_03.jsp

Comment

• Speechless. I really am. How hard faced can they get ?. :

More to the point, do they actually think anyone believes this bullsh*t they're pedalling ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X