Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
    And as of end of Feb, I have slightly above 100 sectors.
    Plenty of PPS Value there!

Comment

.....Note: I had an early requalification prior to Dec 2006. And as of end of Feb, I have slightly above 100 sectors.
      OK, you have 100+ sectors in 5 months. That implies around 250 sectors for the year. You could requalify even at SGD 100 per sector PPS Value. No wonder SQ loves you. (Am I allowed to use that term? )
      Last edited by TerryK; 21 March 2007, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Solitaire lounge benefits

From the brochure I got, looks like the lounge and check-in benefits are still the same, except only when travel on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.
        Thus TPP, whether flying F, C, or Y, can use:
        - First Class Check-In
        - First Class Lounge with one guest
        When traveliing on VS, prevailing lounge access will still apply.
        Last edited by CGK; 21 March 2007, 09:07 AM. Reason: To clarify and to answer StarG question

Comment

From the brochure I got, looks like the lounge and check-in benefits are still the same, except only when travel on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.
          Do you mean when not travelling on SQ or MI, a TPP doesn't have *G lounge and check-in benefits anymore ?

Comment

• God-Like Treatment still not known

From the same brochure, PPS Club membership privileges are still the same (I will list when flying SQ):
            • Priority check-in
            • Increased check-in baggage allowance
            • Priority airport standby
            • Priority baggage handling
            • priority boarding
            • priority reservation waitlist
            • Guaranteed reservation in Economy Class if waitlisted in First and Business Class
            • Special meal preference
            • Seat preference
            • Extended use of SilverKris Lounge
            • Access to Star Alliance Longes
            • Use of Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses*
            • Singapore Airlines PPS Club Service Centre
            • Membership renewal gift
            • Priority magazine and lifestyle privileges offers
            • Waived or reduced KrisFlyer service fees
            • Special events and redemption offers with KrisFlyer
            • Worldwide Emergency Assistance
            • Overseas Emergency medical and Travel Accident Insurance
            • Tier Bonus on KrisFlyer miles
            • Supplementary card for spouse (Solitaire PPS Club only)

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Plenty of PPS Value there!
              Originally posted by TerryK View Post
              OK, you have 100+ sectors in 5 months. That implies around 250 sectors for the year. You could requalify even at SGD 100 per sector PPS Value. No wonder SQ loves you. (Am I allowed to use that term? )
              I don't travel year around... So 250 is too high! SQ doesn't love me anymore. SQ is taking away my-so-called-life.

Comment

Unfortunately, there will be no trip report.

Yes, AVOD. Screen smaller than SQ. Combination new and old movies. Well, it's better than the tiny screen on UA.

The FAs were old. The one serving my aisle wearing that hand protection like for that injury of working too much with the computer keyboard. She was a bit cold. I will post the menu. Breakfast was just fruits, small yoghurt, and small piece of danish and small piece of croissant.

The seats, as you have seen, a bit cramped, not too wide. When seating by the window, it will be difficult to climb over the seat mate when the tv screen in place. My biggest problem is the sliding while sleeping.

Hearing all the requests for free upgrades by NW pax, it made me think it's not too valuable to pay C fares on NW. That's the sad part. Or else, those travellers have used to that idea.
                Sounds like a good day for NW

Oh well, I'd rather have NW with AVOD than UA transpac. No pics?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  My situation:

my PPS membership year ends on Aug 31st. I have (at the moment) more than 25 sectors.
                  Usually my counter is reset on Jun, 1st (due to early requal).

The question:
                  i should have a couple of business flight in June and July in business class.
                  I love SQ but as many of you i'm looking somewhere else.
                  Do you think i will enjoy the early requalif also this year? (fimo reported average rule was removed). And, if yes, in the case i should fly 25 secs between June, 1st and Aug, 31st, do they will be converted to 25K SGD so that i'll reach also another pps requalification?

Hope you can understand what i mean.
                  Luke
                  My dear,
                  Here what it says in the brochure I got:

Changes to your statement

While the changes to the PPS Club will not take effect until 1 September 2007, the PPS Value accrued in your current membership year, along with your existing statement details will be reflected on your online Account Summary from 1 April 2007. This will give you an indication of how you will be tracking under the new value based programme. All you need to do is to login to www.krisflyer.com with your membership number and PIN, and click on 'My Account' followed by 'Statements' to view your accrued PPS Value.
                  So, put a date-mark 31 MARCH 2007 for printing the last statement of PPS activities. Thus, we can all see by 1 April 2007, how the conversion is being done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    Sounds like a good day for NW

Oh well, I'd rather have NW with AVOD than UA transpac. No pics?
                    I was sleeping after dinner served. Tried to watch movie, but have seen those on SQ. I had a bit struggle figuring out first time. But yes, you can do touch-screen as well.
                    Does NRT-DTW have new seats?

Comment

Does NRT-DTW have new seats?
                      Yeah...NRT-LAX and NRT-DTW have the new seats on the 744. I like DTW as an airport - straight out of the country instead of having to connect

Comment

• May be it will be a different frrling on 744. NW NRT-SFO was on A330 with 2-2-2 configurations. 3 rows in front cabin, then there is galley, and another 2 rows behind for WBC, then Y class.

Comment

• Oooh, congrats on the early re-qualification, CGK.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Oooh, congrats on the early re-qualification, CGK.
                            Thank you.
                            Thank you.
                            Thank you.
                            That's the official statement from SQ saying that I had requalified. But unofficially, I got my 25 sectors two weeks after my 3-months early requalification sometimes in Oct 2006.

Note: Why no one else gets his/her mail from SQ?

Comment

Thank you.
                              Thank you.
                              Thank you.
                              That's the official statement from SQ saying that I had requalified. But unofficially, I got my 25 sectors two weeks after my 3-months early requalification sometimes in Oct 2006.

Note: Why no one else gets his/her mail from SQ?
                              Nothing in my mail about the changes yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                                Nothing in my mail about the changes yet.
                                Just heard another TPP got the mail, but slightly different.

Comment

Working...
                                X