No announcement yet.

Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow star g there musta been some heavy set v v v vvip people on your plane if yours didint go through

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
      I wouldn't count it if I were you. My last 6 waitlists didn't clear (I waited until one day before departure before releasing my waitlist on the flights).
      Something definitely seems to have changed regarding clearing waitlists.

I've just cleared a SINMAN in Raffles today for next week that I've been waitlisted on for 5 weeks, despite numerous unsold seats. The last two waitlists simply didn't clear so I had to make other arrangements.

I remember in the good old days how they all used to clear almost immediately if you were PPS even if there was just a few seats left in the cabin, regardless of fare class.

The one remaining benefit of PPS may turn out to be worthless as well.

Comment

• My business waitlist to Shanghai cleared when I walked to the departure lounge in Changi 45 minutes before departure.
        SQ is getting VERY busy these days!

Comment

• Just a query....having a very confusing moment....

Scenario A: Say I am QPP2.I assume TPP needs SGD $250K spend...and with say 238 sectors on begining Sep, my sectors gets converted @ $1000/sector, so that means SGD $ 238,000...then all it needs is another $12,000 spend to get TPP.Is that right?

Or is it like scenario 2 : I will not get TPP using $250K 5 year rules. When you have 238K per your calculation, you only QPP3.. thus 3 years only and 5 years is required per new rules.

What's the interpretation of the rules?
          Can anyone with a clear head help me decipher? Thanks....
          Last edited by SQFAN; 6 June 2007, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            Scenario A: Say I am QPP2.I assume TPP needs SGD $250K spend...and with say 238 sectors on begining Sep, my sectors gets converted @ $1000/sector, so that means SGD $ 238,000...then all it needs is another $12,000 spend to get TPP.Is that right?

Or is it like scenario 2 : I will not get TPP using $250K 5 year rules. When you have 238K per your calculation, you only QPP3.. thus 3 years only and 5 years is required per new rules.

What's the interpretation of the rules?

From the leaflet of PPS Changes:

To qualify for Solitaire PPS Club membership:
            A cumulative PPS Value of S$250,000 within five consecutive years of PPS Club membership.
            In my opinion, Scenario A would not work because of the clause five consecutive years .
            Last edited by CGK; 6 June 2007, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• unless I am misreading/misunderstanding this in TOF

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=218

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                unless I am misreading/misunderstanding this in TOF

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=218
                In the link you posted, the OP has 6 to 7 years of being QPP. In your scenario, it is about QPP2.
                And read carefully the reply from SQ... period satrting Sep 1, 2007 is the first year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  From the leaflet of PPS Changes:

In my opinion, Scenario A would not work because of the clause five consecutive years .
                  Dear SQFAN, I disagree with CGK's interpretation. I believe Scenario A works just fine. There is the clause "five consecutive years." However, that is directly preceded by "within." Were this to say 250,000 and 5 consecutive years PPS, then you would be restricted in achieving PPS until a five year period had passed. However, this is not the case. It is merely saying that you have 5 years to reach that threshold, and in the event you are unable to do so, you do not reap the benefits of solitaire. The closest analogy i can consider is paying a car loan on a 0% interest period. As long as you pay back the car within, say, 24 months, you are fine.... you don't have to wait until 24 months have passed to gain title to the car if you have paid it back within 4 months. Once you have reached the 250,000SGD threshold, you are eligible to receive the benefits of solitaire status- as long as that threshold did not take LONGER than 5 years to achieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    Dear SQFAN, I disagree with CGK's interpretation. I believe Scenario A works just fine. There is the clause "five consecutive years." However, that is directly preceded by "within." Were this to say 250,000 and 5 consecutive years PPS, then you would be restricted in achieving PPS until a five year period had passed. However, this is not the case. It is merely saying that you have 5 years to reach that threshold, and in the event you are unable to do so, you do not reap the benefits of solitaire. The closest analogy i can consider is paying a car loan on a 0% interest period. As long as you pay back the car within, say, 24 months, you are fine.... you don't have to wait until 24 months have passed to gain title to the car if you have paid it back within 4 months. Once you have reached the 250,000SGD threshold, you are eligible to receive the benefits of solitaire status- as long as that threshold did not take LONGER than 5 years to achieve.
                    Just received confirmation from SQ regarding Scenario A. My initial thoughts were correct- here is the answer i was just given: "Regarding to your question, you may upgrade to Soliter PPS status if you get SGD 250,000 requirement in 2 or 3 years. Continuous 5 years is maximum duration. I hope it is clear for you." Hope this clears up any confusion for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      My initial thoughts were correct.
                      Many thanks...

Comment

• I have a question. So if I have 22sectors and a PPS Value of 20000SGD will the 22000 value of the sectors added to the 20000 or does just the sector=value count.

regards m
                        You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                          I have a question. So if I have 22sectors and a PPS Value of 20000SGD will the 22000 value of the sectors added to the 20000 or does just the sector=value count.

regards m
                          As far as I undertand, when the D-day comes, you will get the higher ie $22,000 PPS Value at a conversion of $1000 per PPS sector.

Comment

• Thanks for the fast reply.

regards m
                            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

• This question I know well.

If you're not PPS yet; as I gather from your profile; your 22 sectors will NOT become $22,000PPS Value on 1/Sep. Your qualification from 1/Sep will be based on what you have already accrued as $PPS Value on that day. As you now have $20,000PPS Value, you'll still need to spend another $5,000 post 1/Sep
                              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 25 June 2007, 08:48 AM. Reason: didn't read post clearly

Comment

• Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                                I have a question. So if I have 22sectors and a PPS Value of 20000SGD will the 22000 value of the sectors added to the 20000 or does just the sector=value count.

regards m
                                Your PPS Value as of Sep 1, would be SGD20,000. Your 22 sectors would be converted to SGD22,000 for the sake of Solitaire qualification, which is not relevant since you are not a QPP (Qulaified PPS) like what 9V-JKL said.
                                Thus, after Sep 1, in order for you to qualify for PPS, you have to have an additional SG5,000 PPS Values within a year after your first flight that gave you PPS Value (which was posted as sectors now).

Comment

Working...
                                X