Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
    hehe. Apart from trip reports, I prefer to convey my thoughts to the airline via more discrete channels.
    Thanks for hints!

Comment

hehe. Apart from trip reports, I prefer to convey my thoughts to the airline via more discrete channels.
      Hi Singapore_Air,

Obviously you do know SQ's system better. For folks who cares about our favourite airline...what would be the best way for me to handle this issue (I admit I am no "real" premium passenger)? I do not want to leave SQ. In fact, I am changing most of my North Asian Flight to CX after these changes even though I have to stop in HKG. But at least could eat HKG food for the fare difference between CX and SQ J Class
      Last edited by LionCity; 30 March 2007, 10:58 AM. Reason: name mistake

Comment

• To be honest, as a fellow non-premium SQ passenger, I appreciate your strife over the ex-SIN fares. They are indeed quite expensive.

However, you pay for the quality. But you have to remember....

Why just fly?
        Be served. Savour mouth-watering dishes created by a panel of world-renowned chefs.
        Be entertained. Watch the latest blockbuster movies and play video games, with KrisWorld.
        Be pampered. Experience the premium inflight service that even other airlines talk about.
        Be captivated. Why just fly when there's a great way to fly?

Comment

• I spent an entire year trying to convince my BAEC Gold parents to try SQ. Also got them matched to UA*G and showed them how the possibly-defunct-as-of-1-sep double dipping works. So they booked tickets in F, C and Y to road test SQ products. They were most impressed with their F and Y flights, and were just about to head to EWR on SQ C when I informed them of the changes. Their immediate response was "so not worth it" and promptly switched their flights to CX. And these are people who aren't as crazy about FFPs/FF status as I am.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 March 2007, 01:39 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
            Hi Singapore_Air,

Obviously you do know SQ's system better. For folks who cares about our favourite airline...what would be the best way for me to handle this issue (I admit I am no "real" premium passenger)? I do not want to leave SQ. In fact, I am changing most of my North Asian Flight to CX after these changes even though I have to stop in HKG. But at least could eat HKG food for the fare difference between CX and SQ J Class
            If anyone is serious about flying CX in good measure, let me know....I might be able to help with a status-match...not guaranteed, but you should be ready to bank flights within a short period of time with CX to show them that you are serious....

Comment

• "Love us, SIA, as we love you"

If anyone is interested, an article on Singapore's Today paper.

Comment

• Did anyone notice this in the letter?

"Although your renewal date falls after 1 September 2007, your PPS Club membership will be renewed for another year under the existing PPS Club miles/sectors system, if you achieve 50,000 PPS Club miles/25 PPS Club sectors before this date."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Did anyone notice this in the letter?
                  Yes but it's not news. If by 31 August, you have 25 PPS sectors, we've been told they'll be converted at the rate of S$1,000 per PPS sector meaning that you'll requalify under the new ssytem.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Yes but it's not news. If by 31 August, you have 25 PPS sectors, we've been told they'll be converted at the rate of S$1,000 per PPS sector meaning that you'll requalify under the new ssytem.
                    I mean not in my case, but others who are QPP???

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      I mean not in my case, but others who are QPP???
                      I think the wording was in my letter but I think it's in the letter for all QPP - except for ones who're specially loved by SQ!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I think the wording was in my letter but I think it's in the letter for all QPP - except for ones who're specially loved by SQ!
                        I took SIN-CGK past Sunday. Guess what? More than half in F were LPP. So, I was nothing compare to them.

Comment

• Look's like KeithMEL's letter has just been published. PDF here:

http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_open.asp?id=0404VOL030

Comment

Look's like KeithMEL's letter has just been published. PDF here:

http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_open.asp?id=0404VOL030
                            Nice. An article was also contributed to the Straits Times forum pages.

http://www.straitstimes.com/portal/s...:1175551140000

Comment

• Very well written letter, KeithMEL.

Comment

• Well-done Keith
                                Totally echoes my sentiment.....

Comment

Working...
                                X