Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I am going to miss PPS ...sniff sniff

I am going to miss the privileges of being a PPS...

Today, I wanted to change a date of my tix and within a minute, my call (to SIN) was answered. I got my dates changed. The agent also suggested the various BTC selection and seats as well. Such a great service.

...and having a familiar Singaporean accent on the other end helps too.

...oh, how I am going to miss such privileges....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      ...oh, how I am going to miss such privileges....
      Keep requalifing for QPP! That's the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Keep requalifing for QPP! That's the answer.
        Not with my 2nd lowest PPS cost per sector.
        Who wants to sponsor me?

Comment

• Well, the J fares ex-LHR to AKL is about the same as LHR to SIN. So, you just need to do LHR-SIN-AKL-SIN stop in SIN and back to LHR. That will increase your PPS Value significantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
            Well, the J fares ex-LHR to AKL is about the same as LHR to SIN. So, you just need to do LHR-SIN-AKL-SIN stop in SIN and back to LHR. That will increase your PPS Value significantly.
            Code:
            LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
            AKL  Auckland Int'l NZ [NZAA]
            RT   Apr-Mar

Carrier   From   To   Fare      Cur  Expiry    Min  Max  Fare Basis
            --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------- 
            SQ        LON    AKL     7301   USD                 12M  C2

Code:
            LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
            SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
            RT   Apr-Mar

Carrier   From   To   Fare      Cur  Expiry    Min  Max  Fare Basis
            --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------- 
            SQ        LON    SIN     7993   USD                 12M  C2SQ
            CGK is correct

Comment

• Just logged into my account....noticed SQ has got a 'IATA Echange Rate Indicator'.

Comment

• As a matter of interest, has anyone who wrote in had any sort of reply that differs from the standard boiler plate PR nonsense we got at the beginning ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  1. LPPS to be abolished. Dunno what happens to existing LPPS members though.
                  Current LPPS will retain their status

Comment

• Under the new rules, requalifying is not all that much more difficult. I would have requalified last year and probably in both previous years. My concern with the new rules is that I would probably never make the jump to Solitaire. The switch from 250 sectors in one's lifetime to S$250,000 in five years is an enormous change.

Accordingly, I've decided to qualify for Solitaire under the old rules. My plan is to fly 128,000 BIS miles in 24 days. 80,000 of those BIS miles will be in 11 days. That will blow away my personal record of 44,000 BIS miles in 7.5 days. During those 11 days all sleep will be in the air and there will be only 4 long-haul flights. All the rest will be naps on short and medium flights.

Comment

• I don't know why you're bothering to be honest, unless you were really close or would do it by necessity anyway.

I can see why those approaching LPP would make a run for it. But for just TPP I don't think it's worth it to go out of one's way from QPP to TPP just to be able to get back into the lounge you can currently access now as QPP flying Raffles.

Still, each to their own and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                        .......My plan is to fly 128,000 BIS miles in 24 days. 80,000 of those BIS miles will be in 11 days. That will blow away my personal record of 44,000 BIS miles in 7.5 days. During those 11 days all sleep will be in the air and there will be only 4 long-haul flights. All the rest will be naps on short and medium flights.
                        I am impressed. Do you have any other purpose for those runs other than TPP? Wouldn't this be expensive?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I don't know why you're bothering....
                          Mostly to clear the waitlists.
                          Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                          Do you have any other purpose for those runs other than TPP? Wouldn't this be expensive?
                          This will cost about S$20K. It will include two trips I need to make anyway that would have cost about half that. So, for about S$10K I'll get Solitaire, a boatload of miles, and some completely useless bragging rights.

Comment

• go for it mate and then u can put up the supp card on the sqtalk market hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by token01 View Post
                              go for it mate and then u can put up the supp card on the sqtalk market hehe
                              That should pay the costs of my mileage run within, say, 200 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                Mostly to clear the waitlists.
                                I wouldn't count it if I were you. My last 6 waitlists didn't clear (I waited until one day before departure before releasing my waitlist on the flights).

Comment

Working...
                                X