No announcement yet.

Reprotection from 77W First to A380 Suites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they've called me back and are willing to request Business Class on the A380 - should I accept this or keep pushing for Suites?

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
      they've called me back and are willing to request Business Class on the A380 - should I accept this or keep pushing for Suites?
      Will they refund the difference in miles between a first & business redemption for you?
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
        Will they refund the difference in miles between a first & business redemption for you?
        That's what I am waiting to find out - if I calculate it correctly a one way standard award in J is 67500 - does this incl the online discount and also the promotional discount of 25%? I should ask for all of that to be recredited.

Comment

You might not get the promo discount rate if you booked before the promo started.

Stick to your F redemption, you wanted to fly First anyway, right?

Comment

I would stick to my guns... something along the lines of...

You've got a ticketed F booking. The A380 is the next best schedule. This change is not because I changed my schedule... its because SQ cancelled the flight. You expect SQ to accommodate in F (or higher).

J is a downgrade, so what compensation is payable?
            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
              You've got a ticketed F booking. The A380 is the next best schedule. This change is not because I changed my schedule... its because SQ cancelled the flight. You expect SQ to accommodate in F (or higher).

J is a downgrade, so what compensation is payable?
              Indeed....the fact that he used the Standard Award to reedem for the one-way F-ticket on 77W is another issue. If he's to travel on F on 774, then, SQ definitely has to compensate for the miles he lost if he could reedem the 774 on Saver Award.

I will think that downgrade to J on the A380 will not be acceptable.

Comment

Thanks guys really appreciate all your replies.

Still no call back from KrisFlyer but it is only just on 3.20PM in SIN at the moment so will wait overnight.

In other instances I would have taken the SQ232 and asked for a re-credit of miles but for work reasons I can't leave in the morning and I need to be in Singapore early AM on 25APR so if it all falls through I will demand a total refund of miles and book on BA or QF.

SQ seems to be completely out of touch with this 'Suites' class and I'm sure while it's good it is prob on par with EK's Suites which I had the pleasure of flying on their inaugural DXB-SYD and also had the shower too - very impressive product.

Comment

The "Class Beyond First" BS is really getting long in the tooth... alongside so many other things they're doing wrong recently.

I hope you get what you deserve, i.e. a seat on the A380 in R!

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    The "Class Beyond First" BS is really getting long in the tooth... alongside so many other things they're doing wrong recently.

I hope you get what you deserve, i.e. a seat on the A380 in R!
                    Totally agree! That's pretty much what I've been telling them when they insist 'oh sorry Sir we do not have First Class on A380 we only offer a class beyond first' - I blunty told them that is just PR/Mkting rubbish.

QF tried to do the same thing up until recently with their A380 using the same booking code 'R' for their A380 services and charging around $25K return SYD-LHR-SYD same as SQ. Needless to say it backfired BIG TIME - now they have heaps of F and A class inventory for their A380. It's a shame SQ is being so protective of this product when in reality it shouldn't.

Comment

Singapore Airlines is so out of touch with its 'suites' product it is bordering on insanity. How they think they can compete with Qantas and Emirates with these kinds of BS policies is beyond me. The airline is hurting REAL bad and this is how they treat its frequent flyers. I am a big supporter of SQ, but I wonder how long it's going to last for me if this continues on for much longer.
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Totally agree! That's pretty much what I've been telling them when they insist 'oh sorry Sir we do not have First Class on A380 we only offer a class beyond first' - I blunty told them that is just PR/Mkting rubbish.
                        And that is nothing but the truth. Whatever marketing rubbish SQ has issued as an internal policy does not apply to your situation. They have to accommodate the most convenient flight - I would not settle for Business Class unless they are willing to pay back ALL miles. Under EU regulation, you are entitled to 75% of the ticket price for a forced downgrade...

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          Singapore Airlines is so out of touch with its 'suites' product it is bordering on insanity. How they think they can compete with Qantas and Emirates with these kinds of BS policies is beyond me. The airline is hurting REAL bad and this is how they treat its frequent flyers. I am a big supporter of SQ, but I wonder how long it's going to last for me if this continues on for much longer.
                          We all know that SQ totally got out of touch...

No op-ups to Suites even if they are all empty, they put waitlisted people in J in Y and leave people behind...
                          No access to The Private Room even if you are on Standard or Full Awards
                          Premium Seats in Y are now payable for PPS
                          Call Centre is a joke
                          2 different phone numbers for bookings/redemptions
                          No First Class Lounge for PPS
                          Low milage earnings for J/F
                          High standard/full awards

SQ hates Elites - they just don't want our business... :-)

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, SkySuites.

Reading this thread, I can't believe some of the stuff they are still coming out with. In the same week they announce a cull off 11% of their timetable, the grounding of 17 aircraft, the suspension of a route they have operated for 20 years and possible staff wage cuts and/or redundancies they are still as arrogant as ever. What will it take for them to come down from cloud cuckoo land and back to the cold hard reality ?.

The Suites BS is now taking on comical proportions. 'We don't have a First Class!!!! Yes you bloody well do, it's just got a bigger seat/bed than before. Everything else is the same, FFS.

The only thing Suites are beyond is redemption, and I am beginning to think some of the decision makers at SQ are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              The only thing Suites are beyond is redemption

My vote for Double Entendre of the month!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Welcome to SQTalk, SkySuites.

Reading this thread, I can't believe some of the stuff they are still coming out with. In the same week they announce a cull off 11% of their timetable, the grounding of 17 aircraft, the suspension of a route they have operated for 20 years and possible staff wage cuts and/or redundancies they are still as arrogant as ever. What will it take for them to come down from cloud cuckoo land and back to the cold hard reality ?.

The Suites BS is now taking on comical proportions. 'We don't have a First Class!!!! Yes you bloody well do, it's just got a bigger seat/bed than before. Everything else is the same, FFS.

The only thing Suites are beyond is redemption, and I am beginning to think some of the decision makers at SQ are the same.
                                Well said!
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X