Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reprotection from 77W First to A380 Suites

Hello,

I was booked on a First Class redemption booking in April on SQ234 SYD-SIN 17.50 departure...this flight is now cancelled (4th SYD daily service not operating now until July 2009) - I have been rebooked on the morning service SQ232 operated by 744. Firstly the time is not suitable and the closest departure time to the original is the SQ222 A380 - why haven't I been rebooked on this?

I've called SQ and told them how unhappy I am about this but they using the ridiculous line 'we offer a class beyond First' rubbish. I know people on paid F tickets that have automatically been rebooked in Suites - this shouldn't be any different.

I am not willing to spend over 100K krisflyer miles on the 744 First. Anyone else had this experience?

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
    Hello,

I was booked on a First Class redemption booking in April on SQ234 SYD-SIN 17.50 departure...this flight is now cancelled (4th SYD daily service not operating now until July 2009) - I have been rebooked on the morning service SQ232 operated by 744. Firstly the time is not suitable and the closest departure time to the original is the SQ222 A380 - why haven't I been rebooked on this?

I've called SQ and told them how unhappy I am about this but they using the ridiculous line 'we offer a class beyond First' rubbish. I know people on paid F tickets that have automatically been rebooked in Suites - this shouldn't be any different.

I am not willing to spend over 100K krisflyer miles on the 744 First. Anyone else had this experience?

They can try to rebook you to the morning flight - but you don't have to accept that. Push hard, file a complaint and keep asking for supervisors - they will ultimately honor the request. And if you have never been on Suites, it is worth a try (to find out that it's not worth the excessive surcharge *g*)

Comment

I'm guessing you paid the "Standard Award" rate (double krisflyer miles) as SQ234 was a 77W. If they do insist in putting you on the 747 I'd be asking for half of my miles back.

Additionally I would argue that this is SQ's change... not yours... so the liability to fix this with an outcome that suits you is on them. Its up to SQ to accommodate you on the flight that has closest schedule to the originally ticketed flight.

Let us know what the outcome is!
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

....I am not willing to spend over 100K krisflyer miles on the 744 First. Anyone else had this experience?
        First saver SYD-SIN-SYD is 140K, standard is 280K. Looks like OP only paid for saver.

Comment

To be honest, i prefer the 744 Skysuite over the A380 Suites. But i guess if you have the potential opportunity to fly suites then it is worth it, if only to see why it really is NOT a class beyond first (more like a new first class). In the current climate i cannot see anyone of sound mind paying the premium to travel on suites. Dont get me wrong though, it is still very nice.

Slighly Off topic, but i too am getting very annoyed with SQ/KF re their policy on redemptions. I was going to book a return F trip for my mother from LHR -SIN in the summer to come visit and now they have changed from 744 to 77W there is not much chance of that. Fortunately i have allready booked the first outward leg, but god knows how she is going to get back. It seems the only 744/saver option to Europe now is via FRA!

I hope you get the flight you want, and if not at least a refund of miles equivalent to a saver award.

Comment

It is not a return - just a oneway for 105K Standard with the 15% discount I think - it is def a Standard Award and not Saver.

Thanks for all the replies guys - I am calling them up again. I am so angry about this but they are just coming back with the usual 'we don't offer First' - such a load of marketing rubbish though.

Will let you know how it goes - I am not really backing down on this one.

In relation to using Star Alliance programmes to redeem SQ this is becoming increasing difficult since I believe that only saver awards can be used - so that basically eliminates any F/J travel on 77W/380 and soon no F travel on refurbished 773s in F class.
            Last edited by SkySuites; 19 February 2009, 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hello,

First of all why would they rebook you on an A380 suite. It is redemption...... They do not allow redemption on A380 suites. And on top of that you said you paid 100k over miles for the Ticket that is a saver award ticket I doubt you get the suites. But again you can always try!

Comment

It is not a saver award ticket - it is a standard award for one way travel only. Well they've reprotected people paying F into suites so this ticket should be no different.

I just got a call anyway from KrisFlyer and they are still insisting they cannot rebook. Not only that they would not refund me any miles if I were to travel on the 744 service. This is a complete joke and appalling for an airline that prides itself on service - not really impressed.

SQ needs a reality check with their over protective attitude to the Suites - in any other case I wouldn't really care but I can't leave in the morning and the only other flight closest to the original one booked is SQ222.

Comment

Can't you get your miles refunded completely (I believe all cancellation fees will be waived), and make another Saver booking on the 744? Then you would save half your miles, even if you are forced to fly the B744.

Comment

The reprotection only works if you were booked on that specific flight and it got upgauged to the 388.

Comment

Well well well..... Just like me redempted on First but they moved me down to Business...the reason is "sorry for your inconvenience due to equiptment change" God help me....This is life....:-( sorry for you guy@@@@@

Comment

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
                        Well well well..... Just like me redempted on First but they moved me down to Business...the reason is "sorry for your inconvenience due to equiptment change" God help me....This is life....:-( sorry for you guy@@@@@
                        Ton - we have heard your story before and it is a completely different situation to this one. It seems you still havent taken everyones advice and moved on. You are flying in the highest class of service possible on that SIN-BKK sector, business class. Would you like them to re-open first class and replace the aircraft just for you????

In the OP's case he has had a flight cancelled and been moved to a flight that is not convenient to him. The most closely matching flight happens to be an A380 and they have refused to accomodate him in suites when in the past, F bookings replaced by A380 have all been moved to suites. He has also paid a double mile premium for the original booking being a 77W. If SQ do not change their minds on this one, it is completely ridiculous. I would be escalating this to the highest levels possible. It is absolutely insane that they won't change him over when they have cancelled his flight. AND will not refund half his miles either!!! IT is nothing short of ROBBERY.
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Hi Guys - just to keep you updated I had a call from the KrisFlyer Customer service manager and initially he was firm saying no and I wasn't budging on the issue either saying it's not my problem. He is now "re escalating" it and will call me back in an hour...will let you know. I'm not holding my breath though - I don't think I will get it but I'll keep on trying. If I do get it I guess I will be the first ever person on a remption ticket to travel Suites?

Comment

no, there is more than 100 people at least i would estimate who had 744 F redemptions switched to A380 on syd, nrt, and lhr flights. they were rebooked into suites. you just had to be lucky to be booked onto one of those flights that had the upgraded equipment.

if this next attempt doesnt work, i would get a refund and rebook into J or F on 744 at saver award level, IF IT IS available. you should get a 25% discount at the moment with the promo. and demand them to refund your points with no penalty.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                              i would get a refund and rebook into J or F on 744 at saver award level, IF IT IS available. you should get a 25% discount at the moment with the promo. and demand them to refund your points with no penalty.
                              Same here, you shouldn't flush away your KF points if you can redeem on a Saver. That's a good 50k-odd miles that you could put towards some other redemption.

Comment

Working...
                              X