No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines To Inaugurate A380 Operations to Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems SQ 856 on 9th July on R class has been renamed to premium first rather than suites...wonder why?

Comment

• Where exactly?

Here it says:

Departs Arrives Flight Airline Flying Time Fare Type
      Singapore (SIN)
      09:45 Hong Kong (HKG)
      13:30 SQ856
      Nonstop
      (A380-800) Suites Singapore Airlines 3Hr(s):45Min(s) First & Suite

Comment

• Originally posted by KevSQ View Post
        It seems SQ 856 on 9th July on R class has been renamed to premium first rather than suites...wonder why?
        Expertflyer.com has always used the term "Premium First".

Not sure whether SQ is acutally adding more booking classes to Suites and open up for F/A/O. F might be a first step though at some point in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Where exactly?

Here it says:

Departs Arrives Flight Airline Flying Time Fare Type
          Singapore (SIN)
          09:45 Hong Kong (HKG)
          13:30 SQ856
          Nonstop
          (A380-800) Suites Singapore Airlines 3Hr(s):45Min(s) First & Suite
          It's written on my abacus virtually there web page...but i'm sure it's a suite

Comment

• Just wondering on SQ 856, whether there is salvatore ferragammo ammnities on board for R class..

Comment

Just wondering on SQ 856, whether there is salvatore ferragammo ammnities on board for R class..

Unlikely...

Remember that there is simply no difference in in-flight service between F and R. Given that F doesn't get the amenity kits for any of SIN-HKG v.v., R won't get them either as far as I know.

Comment

• An update on the inaugural flight SQ 856 (SIN-HKG) on 9 July, the J class seats are full and R class as of current seat map, 6 seats (out of 12) already occupied.

For SQ 861 (HKG-SIN), R seats are completely full and J class just a few seats left.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  An update on the inaugural flight SQ 856 (SIN-HKG) on 9 July, the J class seats are full and R class as of current seat map, 6 seats (out of 12) already occupied.

For SQ 861 (HKG-SIN), R seats are completely full and J class just a few seats left.
                  Looks like there is more demands for R in HKG...which will put lots of pressure on CX and rest to compete with SQ...i'm sure there would be a great celebration in HKIA on the 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    Unlikely...

Remember that there is simply no difference in in-flight service between F and R. Given that F doesn't get the amenity kits for any of SIN-HKG v.v., R won't get them either as far as I know.

Comment

Looks like there is more demands for R in HKG...which will put lots of pressure on CX and rest to compete with SQ.
                      I would not draw any conclusions from the loads on any inaugural flight. There are people whose hobby is to fly inaugural flights -- often to places they otherwise wouldn't go.

Comment

• Landed in Changi this afternoon (12.15pm) on SQ 109...saw 9V-SKI parked at Gate A5...probably the party would take place there tomorrow morning...if there is one...

Last edited by KevSQ; 8 July 2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• I will be on SQ856 from SIN to HKG tomorrow, will be in seat 77K

Hope to see some of you tomorrow!!

I am the big big boy and will wear light yellow T-shirt and jeans, say HI to me if you want!!

Comment

Landed in Changi this afternoon (12.15pm) on SQ 109...saw 9V-SKI parked at Gate A5...probably the party would take place there tomorrow morning...if there is one...

SQ856 will be departing from B5.

Comment

• Here's an article on the inaugural flight from the Straits Times.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_400898.html

THE economic downturn did not stop more than 450 people from getting on the inaugural Singapore Airlines Airbus 380 flight to Hong Kong on Thursday morning.

SQ856 which departed from Changi Airport's Terminal 3 at 9.50am is scheduled to touch down at 1.30pm.

Hong Kong is the fifth destination to be served by SIA's fleet of nine A380s - the biggest commercial aircraft every built.

The Singapore carrier which became the first to operate the aircraft in October 2007, also flies it to Sydney, London, Tokyo and Paris.

To date, SIA has flown more than 1.4 million people on its fleet of A380s, which have clocked more than 35,000 flying hours on more than 4,000 flights.

The airline has 10 more A380s on order.

In its statement on Wednesday, SIA said the aircraft has proven exceptionally popular with customers, with strong loads on all the routes it serves.

Executive vice-president for marketing and the regions, Huang Cheng Eng said: 'The A380 is the crown jewel in Singapore Airlines' young and modern fleet, and we are proud to be able to introduce this wonderful aircraft on one of the most important routes in our network. We are delighted that our customers have come to embrace the Singapore Airlines A380 and its industry-leading cabin products.'

SIA's A380 is configured to carry 471 passengers in three classes.

Comment

• Oh no! It sounds like the inaugural HKG flight was not sold out. With all the people who take inaugural flights as a hobby, that's does not portend well.

Comment

Working...
                                X