Comment

Originally posted by SQ Elite Gold View Post
      Stop and close this forum.
      ??????

Comment

My bad....................

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
          When you call SQ's toll free reservation # (answered by India call center), they will remind you each time one calls on the baggage policy. This wasnt the case before....

Again, it will be great if someone is able to post additional feedback based on their recent flights in F or J over the past week or so.

Cheers.
          I was on hold for about an hour yesterday and the message at one point says
          Passengers in C or F may be allowed an additional carry on based on aircraft cabin availability or something like that.

Comment

The carryon policy now features prominently on the front page of the website (at least on the sites for, e.g., the UK, France, Australia, the Philippines). What seems to be different from what I've read in the past is a very explicit statement about enforcement / discretion:
            Checks

Adherence to the hand-carry baggage allowance will facilitate security checks at the airport as well as minimise the likelihood of injuries caused by luggage falling from overhead compartments. It will also help ensure the aircraft cabin remains clutter-free, for easier movement by fellow passengers and the crew.

Checks will be carried out on our flights at check-in and prior to boarding. Cabin baggage may be charged excess baggage if it has to be checked in and the total weight of the check-in bags exceeds the passenger’s allowance. Luggage and hand-carry items that exceed the allowed limits will be retrieved and stored in the aircraft cargo compartment, which could result in unnecessary personal inconvenience.

We, and any other carrier on which you travel, retain the sole discretion to determine, for purposes of your safety or the safety or comfort of other passengers, whether any item of your baggage will be permitted in the cabin or carried as checked baggage.
            No such checks were carried out on my most recent LHR-SIN-LHR flights.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

So to sum up, is there a 'new' cabin baggage policy on SQ? As of today, the SQ website still states the existing policy (i.e., no change).

Yes, this 7kg kilo campaign been in effect for a few months now due to the fuel surcharge. I believe SIA are in Teir 3 stage. Every SIA counter u go, they check on the weight of ** hand carry. Their slogan is "one hand carry - too many!" =)

-cK

Comment

Originally posted by KcKJ93 View Post
                Every SIA counter u go, they check on the weight of ** hand carry. Their slogan is "one hand carry - too many!" =)

-cK
                Welcome to SQTalk!

They were not doing this at SFO at the weekend. I have some more SQ flights this week so will be interesting to see if they are having a clampdown. As stated earlier in this thread, it would be bad news for me if they do and will probably mean I travel with an additional 10-15 kilos.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Welcome to SQTalk!

They were not doing this at SFO at the weekend. I have some more SQ flights this week so will be interesting to see if they are having a clampdown. As stated earlier in this thread, it would be bad news for me if they do and will probably mean I travel with an additional 10-15 kilos.
                  i took 5 sq flights in the past week, at 3 different airports, and none of them were weighing at check-in either. i think that information is badly mistaken. i was asked to weigh my bag at mel before going thru immigration... i did and was told my bag was overweight... when he saw i was in first class, he said "oh, nevermind."

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    i took 5 sq flights in the past week, at 3 different airports, and none of them were weighing at check-in either. i think that information is badly mistaken. i was asked to weigh my bag at mel before going thru immigration... i did and was told my bag was overweight... when he saw i was in first class, he said "oh, nevermind."
                    Thanks! That's good news and great feedback. I have quite a few SQ F flights scheduled for early Sept and after reading your comments, I am now "less" stressed out than I was initially as it would have been a pain checking in my Tumi roller.

Couple days ago I called SQ's call center to change seats on 2 of my flights (now have 3A) on a 747 as it became available. The CSR also reminded me that I am allowed 2 carryon pieces + my laptop bag. She didnt go through the weight limits however I am familiar with these restrictions and wasnt looking for her to reiterate something I already knew.

Anyway, I'm hoping they don't make it a big deal since I'll be on F even though will be over 7kgs.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                      Thanks! That's good news and great feedback. I have quite a few SQ F flights scheduled for early Sept and after reading your comments, I am now "less" stressed out than I was initially as it would have been a pain checking in my Tumi roller.

Couple days ago I called SQ's call center to change seats on 2 of my flights (now have 3A) on a 747 as it became available. The CSR also reminded me that I am allowed 2 carryon pieces + my laptop bag. She didnt go through the weight limits however I am familiar with these restrictions and wasnt looking for her to reiterate something I already knew.

Anyway, I'm hoping they don't make it a big deal since I'll be on F even though will be over 7kgs.

Cheers.
                      If SQ give you any grief about a carryon over 7kg, just ask them to rebook you on a different airline. Your carryon will very quickly become welcome to join you in the First Class cabin. That would probably work for Business Class too. For economy class, it would depend on the changability/refundability of the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                        If SQ give you any grief about a carryon over 7kg, just ask them to rebook you on a different airline. Your carryon will very quickly become welcome to join you in the First Class cabin. That would probably work for Business Class too. For economy class, it would depend on the changability/refundability of the ticket.
                        That's good feedback, thanks very much! Cheers!

I should have mentioned that I'll be on a reward ticket for most of my segments so it may be a little difficult for me to suggest another airline........
                        Last edited by jjpb3; 20 August 2008, 01:11 PM. Reason: merge two posts

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Welcome to SQTalk!

It will be bad news for me too. I only have carry on, and while I manage to do okay with 1 (or 2 if a long trip) bags, they are slightly overweight at 10-12 kilos.

If I have to check them on SQ then I won't be flying SQ any more.

Comment

Working...
                          X