No announcement yet.

A345's to be refitted with 100 x new JCL seats only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing that the layout will be 1-1-1, comparable to the 1-1-1 layout of herringbone J seats like Virgin Atlantic's on their Airbus planes.

Comment

Originally posted by SIN Flyer View Post
      You will get the new seats on all flights to SFO, either on 77W via ICN or Superjumbo via HKG. It's real nice to choose between the 77W and A380 on this route. Well, it's still quite a while away.
      Should be in the second half of 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        I am guessing that the layout will be 1-1-1, comparable to the 1-1-1 layout of herringbone J seats like Virgin Atlantic's on their Airbus planes.
        I would guess 1-2-1, same as 77W. The seats may be marginally narrower as a result.

Comment

Wouldn't 1-1-1 mean a lot of those big walled things that you see attatched to the wall for bulkhead New Business Class seats?

Comment

The A340-500s will be configured 1-2-1 with seats more like the business class seats on the WhaleJet than those on the 777-300ER.

Comment

Bye bye SQ

Sure, the mighty dollar (whether US or Singaporean) must rule, but how sad that SQ is going to abandon us Exec. Economy passengers on its non stop flights to the US. If these flights are not full in exec. economy class, it can only be from poor publicity (e.g. websites that persist in advertizing only the traditional 3 classes).

I, along with many others I am certain, cannot afford the astronomical cost of a business class ticket, but was absolutely delighted with the comfort and facilities in Exec. Econ. on the A345. Now it's back to cattle class for me... in which case, I no longer have a good reason to fly SQ, because I usually fly between NYC and Melbourne. I liked staying in Singapore enroute too.... so those nice hotels will have to do without my patronage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LauranceJS View Post
                I no longer have a good reason to fly SQ, because I usually fly between NYC and Melbourne. I liked staying in Singapore enroute too.... so those nice hotels will have to do without my patronage as well.
                You could still fly JFK-FRA-SIN-MEL.

Comment

I'm tending to think SQ will err on the comfortable side of this as far as configs go, simply because the comfort expectations are higher when you've got flights that long.

Having said that, the best fit at the moment to maintain homogeneity (assuming 77W/A380 JCL seats) seems to be 1-2-1, because the 380 Upperdeck is about the same width as the main deck on a 300/330/340.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    You could still fly JFK-FRA-SIN-MEL.
                    His concern is not the routing in getting to MEL. His regret is the lost of Y+. I too will miss the Exec Econ. I feel it is a great product as I too am not fortunate enough to afford C. It was a great way to fly. I guess the only option will be Thai Air. It would be great if my only concern would be what Biz seat they will be using.

Comment

Well there should be some consolation for SQ pax ex EWR who will miss Y+. It's been said by another SQTalker that SIA has confirmed to put the A380 on JFK-FRA-SIN. I know, I know, its still not exactly Executive Economy but it seems like a very nice Y product and combined with the great cabin envio. of the whalejet the experience seems promising. I myself am interested in trying that route instead of my original plans to go out of the way to do SQ1/2 for the A380.
                      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Having said that, the best fit at the moment to maintain homogeneity (assuming 77W/A380 JCL seats) seems to be 1-2-1, because the 380 Upperdeck is about the same width as the main deck on a 300/330/340.
                        You guys are probably right.
                        By the way, I still can't figure out how the A380 upper deck fuselage width is wider than the 77W's, but the J seats on the A380 can be wider with the same 1-2-1 configuration?

Comment

You guys are probably right.
                          By the way, I still can't figure out how the A380 upper deck fuselage width is wider than the 77W's, but the J seats on the A380 can be wider with the same 1-2-1 configuration?
                          I think you mean the A380 upper deck is narrower than a 777...

But I was also thinking the same. I suspect that there is actually some "creative accounting" at hand. The A380 seats don't have the bin/tray next to the PTV screen, so the seat-back is definitely "wider".

Comment

Reconfiguring the A345s to all business class sounds good, but what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69 View Post
                              Reconfiguring the A345s to all business class sounds good, but what's the point?
                              More yields...
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I still can't figure out how the A380 upper deck fuselage width is wider than the 77W's....
                                It's not. The 777 is almost half a meter wider than the WhaleJet's upper deck.
                                Originally posted by hansonator69 View Post
                                Higher revenues and lower costs. That's a good combination. The yields for Executive Economy were very disappointing. The marginal revenue gain over regular economy with a stop was only $100 to $200. 32% more space per seat and less than 20% higher revenue in an aircraft that's more expensive to operate doesn't make any sense. If SQ could have achieved 40% higher yields relative to regular economy, then Executive Economy would have worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X