A345's to be refitted with 100 x new JCL seats only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A345's to be refitted with 100 x new JCL seats only

Or 'approximately' 100 seats anyway. Due to commence from year end presuming it gets final approval.

Also some interesting changes to the 'schedule' currently being considered. This could be a record breaking process indeed if it goes ahead....

Another first for SQ if this gets the final approval.
    First all business class flight to the US.

The only downside is no priority luggage handling I guess.
    Last edited by StarG; 7 November 2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the scoop, MAN Flyer.

The yields on those routes must be amazing to justify the strategy. Too bad the Executive Economy option evaporates for those who can't or won't pay the JCL fares.

The schedule change sounds intriguing. I'm eager to hear further news.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 7 November 2007, 08:02 PM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Any idea as to when this would occur?

Also, given the A345's reliability, it's pretty risky taking one out of service for a couple of (days/weeks?) to retrofit leaving the burden of responsibility on the four other A345s. But one has no option in this regard.

Furthermore, the yield difference, noticeable ex-United States more than ex-SIN, would have to be more than they charge now between the A345 and the B744 flights.

Comment

This should probably be merged with this thread.
          http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2524

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Or 'approximately' 100 seats anyway. Due to commence from year end presuming it gets final approval.

Also some interesting changes to the 'schedule' currently being considered. This could be a record breaking process indeed if it goes ahead....
            I have a flight from SIN-LAX on the A345 on the 1st of Jan. What will happen then if the changes take effect at the end of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
              I have a flight from SIN-LAX on the A345 on the 1st of Jan. What will happen then if the changes take effect at the end of the year?
              It probably won't happen that soon. If it does and you hold a business class ticket, you're in luck. If you're holding an economy class ticket, you'll probably be offered three choices:

- accommodation via NRT or TPE
              - a full refund
              - or an upgrade to business class at a reasonable price

Comment

This is great news if it gets the go ahead.

Comment

Very nice! I wonder if the layout will be 1-2-1 or 1-1-1...

Comment

If it gets final approval, would it be Spacebeds or new C seat?

Comment

Oops, I didn't catch 100 x new JCL seats part

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Thanks for the scoop, MAN Flyer.

The yields on those routes must be amazing to justify the strategy. Too bad the Executive Economy option evaporates for those who can't or won't pay the JCL fares.
                        I am kinda sad that the Executive Economy seats are going to dissappear completely from SIA's fleet as a result.
                        Help make this article a better one!

Comment

I will certainly be sad to see the loss of Y+ on the SQ38. As a result, what would be the better replacement for those of us who have to fly Y, SQ12 or SQ28. I like the idea of the 77W over the 744 but not so sure about the evening arrival in LAX. Any thoughts?

Also do we know if SQ are planning on putting an A380 on a LAX route (albeit until well after LHR)?

Comment

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
                            .....Also do we know if SQ are planning on putting an A380 on a LAX route (albeit until well after LHR)?
                            SQ1/2 will be converted to A380 after LHR. It may be worthwhile to fly into SFO to experience the whale.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              SQ1/2 will be converted to A380 after LHR. It may be worthwhile to fly into SFO to experience the whale.
                              You will get the new seats on all flights to SFO, either on 77W via ICN or Superjumbo via HKG. It's real nice to choose between the 77W and A380 on this route. Well, it's still quite a while away.

Comment

Working...
                              X