A345's to be refitted with 100 x new JCL seats only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bottom line for many passengers is

that many of us will simply abandon SQ on principle, for treating their Exec. Economy passengers with such contempt. There are many of us who cannot afford the absurdly high J fares who were willing to pay a bit more for an excellent product on the A345. I know that the airline has a different bottom line (i.e. $$); shame on them, nevertheless. Also on all those contributors to this forum who salivate about enjoying even more space and luxury in business and first class. Just because I cannot afford those ridiculous fares does not mean I deserve what increasingly deserves to be called "cattle class".

Comment

Originally posted by LauranceJS View Post
      I know that the airline has a different bottom line (i.e. $$); shame on them
      Would you do it any different if the airline was your own property and you believe you would generate more revenue by doing so that way?

Also on all those contributors to this forum who salivate about enjoying even more space and luxury in business and first class.
      Why is it shameful to aspire? I don't fly in luxury class, but I think someone who is affords it should not feel shameful. Good for them, I says!

does not mean I deserve what increasingly deserves to be called "cattle class".
      What has current economy class have got to do with SQ removing Y+ from the a340-500? Is it deterorating because of that?

Comment

that many of us will simply abandon SQ on principle, for treating their Exec. Economy passengers with such contempt. There are many of us who cannot afford the absurdly high J fares who were willing to pay a bit more for an excellent product on the A345. I know that the airline has a different bottom line (i.e. $$); shame on them, nevertheless. Also on all those contributors to this forum who salivate about enjoying even more space and luxury in business and first class. Just because I cannot afford those ridiculous fares does not mean I deserve what increasingly deserves to be called "cattle class".
        I understand your distress, and I am in fact one of those Y+ passengers who will be affected. Besides, the EWR-SIN flight holds an important sentimental place in my memories (which I shan't discuss). But apparently, the "many of us" whom you cite are simply not 'many' enough for the airline, and it is increasingly the case as Air Singapore has adjusted the price of Y+ upwards over the years. From what I understand, the price of Y+ for SQ21/22 has increased from SGD2050 to 2700 in Singapore - and same vice versa though to a lesser extent.

But I guess since the airline OFFERED the service years ago, it has the right - or whatever you wanna call it - to take it away. It is not forcing the Y+ passengers to subscribe to them or whatever, or force them to use the JFK option.. they are free to use other airlines, other routes. Like in my case, I think the TG ULH between JFK and SEA has become extremely attractive for me, even right now, as I can't really afford Y+ at its present prices. Hopefully some budget airline would step in (doubt it).

Comment

that many of us will simply abandon SQ on principle, for treating their Exec. Economy passengers with such contempt.
          I think you wrongly assume that SQ considers Exec. Economy pax as a separate customer base from Economy ("A class beyond Economy"??? ). It only came into existence because of the poor performance of the A345.

Besides, I'd like to point out that SQ has disenfranchised an entire legion of loyal First and Business customers by (a) significantly raising the qualification threshold for PPS/Solitaire and at the same time (b) devaluing the programme and benefits.

This is the current corporate attitude, so I really wouldn't expect much respect from them. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            I think you wrongly assume that SQ considers Exec. Economy pax as a separate customer base from Economy ("A class beyond Economy"??? ). It only came into existence because of the poor performance of the A345.
            Absolutely true. Exec Econ was clever marketing spin that mostly resulted from the A345's performance shortfalls.

I'm sure we'll hear even more clever marketing when the retrofit happens. Perhaps references to "god-like treatment" throughout the cabin on the ULH flights will be included?

Comment

Working...
            X