SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    Just checked again. No saver and no standard awards in F in March. No saver awards in J but there are J standard awards.
    Yes, it keeps changing. There was availability when I checked yesterday.

Comment

• 9v-sca looking good.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...CF)/1955445/M/

Comment

• SQ has also zeroed out all A class availability for SIN-FRA-SIN for SQ 25/26. Another strong hint that this route will go A380 as supported by the fact that there are no saver/standard awards in First anymore for late January 2012 and onwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          SQ has also zeroed out all A class availability for SIN-FRA-SIN for SQ 25/26. Another strong hint that this route will go A380 as supported by the fact that there are no saver/standard awards in First anymore for late January 2012 and onwards.
          Actually, they've zeroed out A all the way to JFK as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            I am still not sure whether this is an indication that they are really thinking of flying the Whale Jet all the way to JFK. People who wanna fly First should be okay with SIN-TPE-JFK. Maybe they will fly the A380 for the first couple of months till SIN-TPE-JFK is operational...

Comment

I am still not sure whether this is an indication that they are really thinking of flying the Whale Jet all the way to JFK. People who wanna fly First should be okay with SIN-TPE-JFK. Maybe they will fly the A380 for the first couple of months till SIN-TPE-JFK is operational...
              I would think that is a good guess. Not like SQ wants to fly FRA-JFK on A380 but unless the SIN-TPE-JFK is up approved and opertational they may just bite the bullet for a few months. If they can come up with a decently competitive J fare for FRA-JFK-FRA they could even take some business from LH as their C is still angled flat and not that awesome.

Comment

What make you so sure SIN-TPE-JFK is going to happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Gut feeling. FRA-JFK has not interesting for SQ yield-wise and flying SIN-TPE-JFK is ensuring they are flying a First product to NYC.

Comment

FRA-JFK has not interesting for SQ yield-wise
                      I've got a gut feeling that TPE-JFK's not gonna be too hot on yield either....

Comment

I've got a gut feeling that TPE-JFK's not gonna be too hot on yield either....
                        Especially with EVA joining the fun from Oct. Guess SQ is having a real headache with JFK now.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

A goes to zero from 15 January both westbound and eastbound -- which isn't consistent with the aircraft rotation.

Still -- probably an indication that the route goes A388 ex-SIN on the 14th. SQ accepted my request for a booking in A on SQ25 from JFK on 14 January; the 15th wouldn't have been accepted...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                            A goes to zero from 15 January both westbound and eastbound -- which isn't consistent with the aircraft rotation.

Still -- probably an indication that the route goes A388 ex-SIN on the 14th. SQ accepted my request for a booking in A on SQ25 from JFK on 14 January; the 15th wouldn't have been accepted...........
                            Their blocking is a place holder - if they get the delivery of the aircraft confirmed earlier, I don't think they mind honoring a couple of A tickets or Saver Awards on the Whale Jet. They are just not accepting this to happen all the way to July as their awards can be booked up to 330 days in advance...

Comment

• It will be nice when announcements are finally made, not least as some guesses are getting warm and some rather cold.

Comment

• SIN - TPE - JFK with the 77W isn't going to happen W'11.

Last I've heard, they've canned the plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X