SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
    SIN - TPE - JFK with the 77W isn't going to happen W'11.

Last I've heard, they've canned the plans.
    bingo!

Comment

SIN - TPE - JFK with the 77W isn't going to happen W'11.

Last I've heard, they've canned the plans.
      Canned the plans for W'11 or canned for good?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        It will be nice when announcements are finally made, not least as some guesses are getting warm and some rather cold.
        The January departure time of SQ25 ex-JFK just moved forward 1 hour 10 minutes (to 1950 from 2100), with arrival in SIN unchanged.

Lots more time in the schedule....just like SQ11/12.

Another sign of imminent A380ization, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          Canned the plans for W'11 or canned for good?
          Let's not be so negative. What doesn't happen now doesn't mean it won't ever happen...

Let's just say... Canned for W'11. Time will tell.

Comment

Let's not be so negative. What doesn't happen now doesn't mean it won't ever happen...

Let's just say... Canned for W'11. Time will tell.
            And why should we take the rumor seriously?
            Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• Do we know how many SIA 744's are still in operation? I notice ACARS has 9V-SPP last flight on 15th July.

Comment

• 3 SIA 744's are in service as of now, 9V-SPJ/SPO/SPQ. 9V-SPP has been in the SIA hangar since last month. My take is that it will be sold to SIA Cargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
                  Do we know how many SIA 744's are still in operation? I notice ACARS has 9V-SPP last flight on 15th July.
                  There are 5 currently registered to the airline on the Singapore Aircraft register. - http://www.caas.gov.sg/caas/en/About...ter/index.html

Comment

• What a surprise to see that 9V-SPJ is hanging on for that long, this 744 is older than the rest by a margin...

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      There are 5 currently registered to the airline on the Singapore Aircraft register. - http://www.caas.gov.sg/caas/en/About...ter/index.html
                      But that register doesn't reflect 9V-SPE in the process of conversion to a 744-412BCF -- to be 9V-SCB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                        But that register doesn't reflect 9V-SPE in the process of conversion to a 744-412BCF -- to be 9V-SCB.
                        9V-SPE is listed in the July register.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                          9V-SPE is listed in the July register.
                          I know it's on the register. My point is that the register is already out-of-date, as the aircraft is withdrawn from passenger service, and already in the process of conversion to a freighter.

Clear now?

Comment

• To be fair, -SPA was only registered -SCA after handover to SQC. Post conversion Air Test flights were done under the -SPA moniker.

Comment

• OT: Does SQC maintain a separate pool of flight deck crew from SQ, or does a common pool of crew operate the pax and cargo 744s?

Comment

• I know it's on the register. My point is that the register is already out-of-date, as the aircraft is withdrawn from passenger service, and already in the process of conversion to a freighter.
                                It probably hasnt been re-registered yet so thats why its still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X