SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kimi Raikkonen View Post
    What happened to 9V-SPE and 9V-SPN? It looks as if it has been out of action too.
    SPE - SQC
    SPN - MidAir (From Bitterroot's post)

Comment

• SQ308 always had the lowest loads in general due to very few connecting pax in the morning. How are they so confident that the swap to a A380 from a 77W will be more profitable if the loads on the latter are not very full to start with?

Also, this means a RTW routing in F is no longer available through LHR!

Comment

• So, we're down to 4 megatops?

Comment

• I'm planning a trip to melb at the end of this month, so the 747's still plying that route right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
            I'm planning a trip to melb at the end of this month, so the 747's still plying that route right ?
            No.

Not even for the end of year peak season, maybe a second A380 by years end.

SQ238.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
              No.

SQ238.
              Well, not so surely "no" -- at least through 30 June: 237 and 228 are still marked up with 744 until the 77Ws come off 11/12 to/from LAX on 1 July.

Of course, there are substitute frames some nights: 9V-SWR and 9V-SYH recently. But for now, it's back to 744............

Comment

• Ever since the A380 was moved off SQ228 to SQ238, SQ 237/228 have been in a continual state of flux. It's really time that SQ made some kind of indication as to what they plan to do for Melbourne if they want to retain loyal customers.

There is no way that a 73A is going to provide enough seats for SQ228, especially during peak periods and on the busier days of the week. We know this because they've already attempted it before. It lasted barely any time before they brought back the 744 to provide enough seats.

If they don't have enough 388s to assign two to MEL, maybe they could at least return to the old rotation where SQ227 waited in MEL to become SQ228. The 73A could serve SQ237/238- I've never flown either of those services, but I've been lead to believe they have the lowest loadings to/from MEL. Is that the consensus?

SYD gets two 388s a day, as part of 4 flights. MEL is fast approaching the same population as SYD with continual predictions of a shortfall in international seats in and out of MEL. I'm hoping SQ will be a part of the solution, because there's no way I want to have to fly CZ...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                  No.

SQ238.
                  So which are the planes serving melb now ?

Comment

so which are the planes serving melb now ?
                    237/228: 744
                    217/218: 77w
                    227/238: A388

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                      Well, not so surely "no" -- at least through 30 June: 237 and 228 are still marked up with 744 until the 77Ws come off 11/12 to/from LAX on 1 July.

Of course, there are substitute frames some nights: 9V-SWR and 9V-SYH recently. But for now, it's back to 744............
                      I stand corrected Bitterroot, thanks.

I certainly didn't know they had changed back once again this month.

SQ238.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Ever since the A380 was moved off SQ228 to SQ238, SQ 237/228 have been in a continual state of flux. It's really time that SQ made some kind of indication as to what they plan to do for Melbourne if they want to retain loyal customers.

There is no way that a 73A is going to provide enough seats for SQ228, especially during peak periods and on the busier days of the week. We know this because they've already attempted it before. It lasted barely any time before they brought back the 744 to provide enough seats.

If they don't have enough 388s to assign two to MEL, maybe they could at least return to the old rotation where SQ227 waited in MEL to become SQ228. The 73A could serve SQ237/238- I've never flown either of those services, but I've been lead to believe they have the lowest loadings to/from MEL. Is that the consensus?

SYD gets two 388s a day, as part of 4 flights. MEL is fast approaching the same population as SYD with continual predictions of a shortfall in international seats in and out of MEL. I'm hoping SQ will be a part of the solution, because there's no way I want to have to fly CZ...
                        Spot on SQ228, the continual change in aircraft on SQ237/228 is a complete joke. I would never pay for a business seat on those flights until we get a regular decent service.

I have flown SQ238 many times when it was serviced by a 773, and every time it was full in economy and business also. I don't think SQ could have an A388 sitting in MEL for 9 hours every day at present.

With a bit of luck we will get a permanent second A388 to service those flights before years end.

SQ238.

Comment

• So that means SQ 237/238 remains a 744 ? when will it go to 73A ?

Comment

So that means SQ 237/238 remains a 744 ? when will it go to 73A ?
                            1/Jul 2011

Comment

• 9V-SPN

Aircraft went on air test today wearing full Transaero colours and 9V-SPN registration.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                1/Jul 2011
                                So after that, where else will the 744's be deployed ?

Comment

Working...
                                X