SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    it seems that SQ remaining fleet of A380s will likely be delayed by 6 to 12 mths or more by the time all its 19th A380s are delivered, that its very likely that SQ will delay some of its planned B772s withdrawal. This is also because its ordered A350s will seemingly be delayed too.
    I expect the further delay to 9V-SKS to be well under 12 months. Most likely, SQ have already sold some of their 777s and I doubt that SQ will try to keep those longer. More likely, SQ will delay adding new routes. For 777s that have not already been sold, then yes, I think SQ may hold onto some of them longer than previously panned.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    Sigh. So, with delays to A350 and 787 (and A380), it's come to this.

For quite some time, the regional and mid-haul fleet will consist of approaching teenage 772s, 773s, plus "new" A330s which SQ rejected in the mid-1990s when it placed its first mega 777 order.
    For some time, yes. Remember that the A330-300 leases have five and six year terms, so they will be leaving SQ from 2014 to 2017. Right now, we have little idea what SQ's regional fleet will look like ten years from now. It will most likely be all 787s or all A350s.

Comment

• Cheers for that info lame38.5. Much appreciated.

Any idea where -SMS will be headed to after it's BCF conversion....CX/KA group? Also I recall reading -SMS was the aircraft contracted to be sold to El Al so any idea which other B744 they will be getting? I think the contract was said something about it being a 1993 build a/c.

Also fellas the reason -SPC and -SPD went to CX was at the time they were some of the 'newer' B744's in the SQ fleet, the contract required an average age at the time of sale and these were required to reduce the age of the planes that went to CX.

Comment

• just a general observation though. 9V-SMU doesn't seem to have flown in May so far. is she in for PTF conversion too?

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
          just a general observation though. 9V-SMU doesn't seem to have flown in May so far. is she in for PTF conversion too?
          Have just seen 9V-SMU today (10 May) operating SQ321 LHR-SIN on finals for 20R.

Also today's SQ286 AKL-SIN is operated by SQ's own 744 9V-SPE instead of the usual 9V-SPR. Might this indicate that SPR is being readied to be returned to MAS, or has already been returned.

Comment

• -SPR is nothing to do with MAS/MH anymore.

They sold it to a leasing company along with 9M-MPC/MPE and MPG, it's due to head to TLV where Bedek will convert it to a B744SF

Comment

• hmm, i notice that 9V-SMW does not seem to have operated a revenue service since 19 May. 1 month already. any updates on her?

Comment

• Got this off Skyliner. ex 9V-SMS to Pullmantur Air. Bon Voyage SMS (the 744 that seemed to follow me around).

Aircraft: Boeing 747-412
                c/n: 27134
                s/n: 981
                New Regn: EC-KSM Airline: Pullmantur Air delivery: 16jun08 SIN-MAD Former Regn: ex 9V-SMS

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  16 left in service plus, for a few more weeks, the leased ex-MH 747-400.
                  Does anyone have an update if the 747 - SQ11/12 to/from LAX via NRT will be replaced with a different aircraft anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                    hmm, i notice that 9V-SMW does not seem to have operated a revenue service since 19 May. 1 month already. any updates on her?

hallo, SMW has been undergoing "de-modification" since 20 May and has repainted Purmanthar. she has flew out already for about 2 weeks from now.

no more in SQ fleet.
                    life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• So, the fleet is back down to 99 until the delivery of 9V-SWS or 9V-SKE.

Comment

• Seems like SPQ will be around for a while considering she has the larger fonts:
                        http://www.tungsten.per.sg/images/planes/9vspq.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          Seems like SPQ will be around for a while considering she has the larger fonts:
                          http://www.tungsten.per.sg/images/planes/9vspq.jpg
                          SPQ is SIA's newest aircraft (delivered Oct 01) so that's rather likely that she will be the last to leave.

Comment

• 9V-SPQ may not be the last former MegaTop to leave the fleet, but she is likely to be among the last to leave. I would not read too much into the new font. If she needed to be painted, of course they would have given her the latest livery.

BTW, three more to be retired by the end of March 2009.

Comment

• Utilization

I was just working up possible rotations for the JumboJet fleet. It takes all 15 aircraft to fly the current routes including 2x daily LHR. That allows each aircraft 4 MX periods every 15 days. Total block time is 243 hours 20 minutes over 15 days or 16 hours 13 minutes per day. Flight time is over 15 hours per day, perhaps 15.5 hours per day. That is on the high side, so SQ are getting good use out of their remaining JumboJets.

Once 9V-SKF joins the fleet and LHR gets 2x daily WhaleJet service, I think we'll see another 2 JumboJets leave the fleet. Either that or they will be assigned other duties. My guess is SQ will keep the operational tempo high.

Comment

• They might come in handy if the A380 encounters problems again

Comment

Working...
                                X