No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just flew SPF today. Aircraft interior was in very good condition and doesn't show it's age unlike SPE which I flew in Jan.

Comment

• Was on SPJ today. I am going to miss these planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
        I am going to miss these planes.
        Three months ago, over a period of less than a week, I had two long-haul 747-400 flights and two long-haul 777-300ER flights, all on SQ, so I had a good opportunity to compare. As much as it surprises me to say so, I don't think I will miss the 747-400s much. Anyway, we have about three more years left to fly them.

Comment

• I do agree with you. After taking many 744 as well as 77W, yes, I would rather be in more refreshing environment. I will miss the SpaceBeds and the SkySuites, but definitely those are looking tired now. The only one I would miss it the sound that I heard after taking off and seating upfront on 744. It's unique, I think.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates guys.

So, it looks like SQ operates more 77Ws than 744s. And it looks like 9V-SMU will be the last 9V-SM* series SQ 744 to be retired.

For me it will be strange to one day not see the SQ 744 at SIN after the fond memories I've had flying on the Megatop years ago when I was still a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJA View Post
              Thanks for the updates guys.

So, it looks like SQ operates more 77Ws than 744s. And it looks like 9V-SMU will be the last 9V-SM* series SQ 744 to be retired.

For me it will be strange to one day not see the SQ 744 at SIN after the fond memories I've had flying on the Megatop years ago when I was still a kid.
              SMU should be one of the 747s leaving by March 2009. It's been in operation since the end of Oct 1993 which is quite a long time and definitely has many logged cycles.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJA View Post
                Thanks for the updates guys.
                You're welcome.

Originally posted by RJA View Post
                So, it looks like SQ operates more 77Ws than 744s.
                Yes, SQ now operate 18 777-300ERs and 15 747-400s.

Originally posted by RJA View Post
                And it looks like 9V-SMU will be the last 9V-SM* series SQ 744 to be retired.
                9V-SMU is the only 9V-SM* series remaining in the fleet.

Comment

• Zveda and SQ LPP - Any feedback/update if and when 744 service (SQ11/12) will be replaced? I have a flight coming up in F beginning of Sept, any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Comment

• Any prospect of SQ being less tight-fisted on awards and 77W surcharges now there is increasingly less options available?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                      Zveda and SQ LPP - Any feedback/update if and when 744 service (SQ11/12) will be replaced? I have a flight coming up in F beginning of Sept, any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Early september 2008? There will be no change.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Early september 2008? There will be no change.
                        Yeap, it's early Sept '08. I have been reading threads speculating if/when LAX will get the A380 before SFO however I didnt think this is going to happen. Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                          Zveda and SQ LPP - Any feedback/update if and when 744 service (SQ11/12) will be replaced? I have a flight coming up in F beginning of Sept, any feedback will be very much appreciated.
                          SQ will be getting only one more WhaleJet by early Sept 2008, 9V-SKF, which appears to be destined to bring SQ318 up to daily WhaleJet service, though several months ago Chew said when 9V-SKE and 9V-SKF join the fleet SQ1/SQ2 would be upgauged. I'd say your chances are very remote.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            SQ will be getting only one more WhaleJet by early Sept 2008, 9V-SKF, which appears to be destined to bring SQ318 up to daily WhaleJet service, though several months ago Chew said when 9V-SKE and 9V-SKF join the fleet SQ1/SQ2 would be upgauged. I'd say your chances are very remote.
                            Thanks, much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                              SPQ is SIA's newest aircraft (delivered Oct 01) so that's rather likely that she will be the last to leave.
                              Just flew SPQ the other day

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                Well, SQ could pull the fifth A380 off SQ 318, downgauging it to daily Megatop service, and then put the fifth and sixth A380 onto daily SQ 1/2 service. Problem is that a downgauge, however temporary, seems unlikely, especially on a premier route like LHR. And SQ probably might like to put the A380 on SQ 1/2 in steps-- first 3x/wk then go daily. With the seventh and eighth due early next year, the step increase would be fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X